Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society
2003 Conference (47th), February 12-14, 2003, Fremantle, Australia
- 58276 Drugs as a Rational Choice: Preliminary Explorations of Marijuana Consumption in Australia
by Zhao, Xueyan
- 58275 Valuing Western Australia’s Recreational Fisheries
by Zhang, Jing & Hertzler, Greg & Burton, Michael P.
- 58274 Farming Systems in Swampland Ecosystems: A case study in South Borneo, Indonesia
by Yanti, Nuri Dewi & Lumley, Sarah & Rumley, Dennis
- 58273 Greenhouse gas emissions from livestock production
by Saunders, Caroline M. & Wreford, Anita
- 58272 Modelling Water Use in Thailand
by Piyanuch, Wuttisorn & MacAulay, T. Gordon & Batterham, Robert L.
- 58271 Tree-crop interactions and their environmental and economic implications in the presence of carbon-sequestration payments
by Wise, Russell M. & Cacho, Oscar J.
- 58270 Regulating Ports: competition in South Australian port services for grain
by Wilson, Luke
- 58269 Markets for ecosystem services: Applying the concepts
by Whitten, Stuart M. & Salzman, James & Shelton, Dave & Procter, Wendy
- 58268 Eucalyptus biomass fuels: Price competitive or way off the money?
by van Bueren, Martin & Vincent, David P.
- 58266 Optimising Broadacre Crop Rotations using Dynamic Programming
by Trengove, Graham & Manson, Andrew
- 58265 An Investigation into the Net Benefits of Revegetating Agricultural Land with Indigenous Species in the Dryland Section of the Goulburn-Broken Catchment Area
by Trapnell, Lindsay N.
- 58264 Research Evaluation to Increase Impact
by Templeton, Deborah J.
- 58263 Inter organization water conflicts and their resolution in Som Kadgar tribal dominated irrigation project of Rajasthan - India
by Solanki, A.S.
- 58262 Equity issues and their socio-economic impact in a tribal dominated irrigation project of India
by Solanki, A.S.
- 58261 A Bio-economic Model of a Shrimp Hatchery in the Mekong River Delta of Vietnam
by Sinh, L.X. & MacAulay, T. Gordon & Brennan, Donna C.
- 58260 Rural-Urban Income Disparity and WTO Impact on China’s Agricultural Sector: Policy Considerations
by Wang, Xiaolu & Duncan, Ronald C.
- 58259 Farm credit its sources and pattern of Utilisation - An empirical analysis
by Singh, S.K.
- 58258 Structure and bargaining power in multilateral negotiations: Application to water management policies in France
by Simon, Leo K. & Thoyer, Sophie & Morardet, Sylvie & Goodhue, Rachael E. & Rio, Patrick & Rausser, Gordon C.
- 58257 Evaluation of a Hybrid Seed Contract Between Smallholders and an MNC in East Java, Indonesia
by Simmons, Phil & Patrick, Ian & Winters, Paul C.
- 58256 International Trade In Dairy Products: Processors Market Power
by Seyoum, Emayenesh & Goddard, Ellen W. & MacLaren, Donald & Griffith, Garry R.
- 58255 Use Values of Forests in Pohnpei
by Scrimgeour, Frank G. & Gallen, Jane
- 58206 Deciding with long-term environmental impacts: what role for discounting?
by Schilizzi, Steven
- 58205 The True Story of Why Chickens Cross The Road: Consumer Demand, Processor Growing Contracts and Market Regulation in the Australian Chicken Meat Industry
by Ronan, Glenn & Cox, Greg & Howlett, Simon
- 58204 WTP and WTA in relation to irrigation development in the Fitzroy Basin, Queensland
by Rolfe, John & Bennett, Jeffrey W.
- 58203 Linking Farmers to Markets Through Cooperatives Vegetables Supply Chain Redesign Options for Kapatagan, Mindanao, Philippines
by Manalili, Nerlita M.
- 58202 Capacity Building of Smallholder Livestock Farmers in Western Leyte, Philippines
by Rola-Rubzen, Maria Fay & Gabunada, Fe M.
- 58201 Economic tradeoffs for managing offsite impacts of irrigation areas
by Robinson, David & Kahn, Shahbaz
- 58200 Capturing Preference Heterogeneity in Stated Choice Models: A Random Parameter Logit Model of the Demand for GM Food
by Rigby, Dan & Burton, Michael P.
- 58199 Economics in plant breeding: A case focusing on doubled haploid technology
by Pluske, Johanna M.
- 58198 Emission Taxes and Tradable Permits: A Comparison of Views on Long Run Efficiency
by Pezzey, John C.V.
- 58197 Some Economics of Act Water Resources: Determining Initial "Cap" Entitlements for the Act
by Pagan, Phil & Peezey, J.
- 58196 Agri-environment Policy Design With Hidden Information and Hidden Action: Input Quotas vs Input Charges
by Ozanne, Adam & White, Benedict
- 58195 Unit Value Biases in Meat Demand in Indonesia
by Olivia, Susan & Gibson, John
- 58194 Bank Restructuring and its Implication on Indonesian Macro Economy and Agricultural Sector
by Oktaviani, Rina & Sugema, Iman & Ratnawaty, Anny
- 58193 Economic Issues in the Management of Plants Invading Natural Environments: Scotch Broom in Barrington Tops National Park
by Odem, Doreen & Sinden, Jack A. & Cacho, Oscar J. & Griffith, Garry R.
- 57930 Testing for Market Power in the Australian Grains and Oilseeds Industries: Further Results
by O'Donnell, Christopher J. & Griffith, Garry R. & Nightingale, John J. & Piggott, Roley R.
- 57929 Derivation of supply curves for catchment water effluents meeting specific salinity concentration targets in 2050: linking farm and catchment level models or “Footprints on future salt / water planes”
by Nordblom, Thomas L. & Bathgate, Andrew D. & Young, Robert A.
- 57928 DEA based yardstick competition in natural resource management
by Bogetoft, Peter & Nielsen, Kurt
- 57927 Combining biophysical and price simulations to assess the economics of long-term crop rotations
by Murray-Prior, Roy B. & Whish, J. & Carberry, Peter S. & Dalgleish, N.
- 57926 A pluralistic methodology for analysing supply chains
by Murray-Prior, Roy B. & Rola-Rubzen, Maria Fay & McGregor, Murray J. & Batt, Peter J. & Concepcion, Sylvia B. & Rasco, Eufemio & Digal, Larry N. & Manalili, Nerlita M. & Moran, Antonio & Ellson, Adela & Montiflor, Marilou O. & Hualda, Luis & Migalbin, Lorraine
- 57925 Economic Analysis of Improving Cold Tolerance in Rice in Australia
by Singh, Rajinder Pal & Brennan, John P. & Farrell, Tim & Williams, Robert L. & Rienke, Russell & Lewin, Laurie & Mullen, John D.
- 57923 Farm Management - Bugger the roots, where is the future?
by McGregor, Murray J. & Rola-Rubzen, Maria Fay & Murray-Prior, Roy B. & Dymond, John & Bent, Martin J.M.
- 57921 Towards a Resource Economics for Adaptive Managers
by Marshall, Graham R.
- 57920 Elasticities for U.S. Wheat Food Use by Class
by Marsh, Thomas L.
- 57919 Farm Size and Land Use Changes in Vietnam Following Land Reforms
by Marsh, Sally P. & MacAulay, T. Gordon
- 57917 Linking Farmers to Markets Through Cooperatives Vegetables Supply Chain Redesign Options for Kapatagan, Mindanao, Philippines
by Manalili, Nerlita M.
- 57915 Consumers’ Preferences, Credence Goods And The Wto Sps Agreement
by MacLaren, Donald
- 57913 Implications of Recent Australian Wheat Industry Developments for Domestic and Overseas Prices
by Lobb, Alexandra E. & Fraser, Rob W.
- 57911 Effective information and the influence of an extension event on perceptions and adoption
by Llewellyn, Rick S. & Lindner, Robert K. & Pannell, David J. & Powles, Stephen B.
- 57910 The WTO SPS Agreement in Action: Disputes over China’s Exports of Vegetables to Japan
by Liu, Xiaohe & MacLaren, Donald & Xue, Guixia
- 57909 Access Issues for Plant Breeders in an Increasingly Privatized World
by Lindner, Robert K.
- 57908 The Economics of Generating and Maintaining Plant Variety Rights in China
by Koo, Bonwoo & Pardey, Philip G. & Qian, Keming & Zhang, Yi
- 57907 Efficiency Gains and Cost Reductions from Individual Transferable Quotas: A Stochastic Cost Frontier for the Australian South East Fishery
by Kompas, Tom & Che, Tuong Nhu
- 57905 Institutional change and plant variety provision in Australia
by Kingwell, Ross S.
- 57904 Extra-market values and water management in New Zealand
by Kerr, Geoffrey N.
- 57903 Foreign Direct Investment in Manufacturing Sector in Malaysia
by Abdul Karim, Noor Al-Huda & Winters, Paul C. & Coelli, Tim J. & Fleming, Euan M.
- 57902 Modelling the Dynamics of Weed Management Technologies
by Jones, Randall E. & Cacho, Oscar J. & Sinden, Jack A.
- 57901 Agricultural Processing and the WA Economy: A General Equilibrium Analysis
by Johnston, Peter & Islam, Nazrul
- 57900 China’s WTO Accession and Regional Economies
by Jiang, Tingsong
- 57899 Resource Use And Farm Productivity Under Conjunctive Water Management In Pakistan
by Jehangir, Waqar Ahmed & Ashfaq, Muhammad & Christen, Evan
- 57898 WHY ARE US AND EU POLICIES TOWARD GMOs SO DIFFERENT?
by Jackson, Lee Ann & Anderson, Kym
- 57897 Who Benefits from Quality Labelling? Segregation Costs, International Trade and Producer Outcomes
by Jackson, Lee Ann
- 57896 Effects of HACCP and Eco Labels on Japanese Consumers’ Choice of Milk
by Iwamoto, Hiroyuki & Yamamoto, Yasutaka & Sato, Kazuo & Sawada, Manabu
- 57895 What Does A Dry Season Mean To The Western Australian Economy? A Cge Investigation
by Islam, Nazrul
- 57894 Land Use In The Australian Rangelands
by Hughes, Phil & Schuele, Michael
- 57893 The economic cost of weeds in dryland cotton production systems of Australia
by Hoque, Ziaul & Farquharson, Robert J. & Taylor, Ian & Walker, Steve & Osten, Vikki & Jones, Randall E.
- 57892 Comparing the effects of different approaches to liberalising world grains markets
by Hirad, Hagi & Nelson, Rohan & Andrews, Neil & Shaw, Ian
- 57891 A Stochastic Differential Equation for Modeling the “Classical” Probability Distributions
by Hertzler, Greg
- 57890 Modelling Farmer Response to Policy Reform: An Irish Example
by Hennessy, Thia C.
- 57889 Evaluation Of Collaborative Research And Development: Insights From A Survey Of Sugar Industry Researchers
by Henderson, Tracy M.
- 57888 Temporary carbon storage and discount rates
by Hean, Robyn L. & Cacho, Oscar J. & Menz, Kenneth M.
- 57886 Depreciation and Obsolescence in the Context of Natural Resource Accounting
by Harris, Michael
- 57884 Economic Impacts Of Dryland Salinity For Grains Industries
by Hajkowicz, Stefan & Young, Michael D.
- 57883 Investigating the performance of market-based instruments for resource conservation: the contribution of agent-based modelling
by Hailu, Atakelty & Schilizzi, Steven
- 57882 Bush Tender Participation in First Bidding Round: What are the Characteristics of Rural Landholders who Participated?
by Ha, Arthur & O'Neill, Terry & Strappazzon, Loris & Stoneham, Gary
- 57881 Estimating consumer surplus and elasticity of demand of tourist visitation to a region in North Queensland using contingent valuation
by Greiner, Romy & Rolfe, John
- 57880 Valuing Benefits of Increasing Irrigation Water Use Efficiency
by Gyles, Oliver
- 57879 Efficiency Policies for Salinity Management: Preliminary Research from a Spatial and Dynamic Metamodel
by Graham, Tennille & White, Benedict & Pannell, David J.
- 57878 Scale Efficiency In Australian Dairy Farms
by Graham, Mary & Fraser, Iain
- 57873 Economic Instruments For Nonpoint Source Water Pollution: Options For The Swan-Canning River System
by Gordon, Simon
- 57872 Theoretical Issues in Using Offsets for Managing Biodiversity
by Godden, David P. & Vernon, Don
- 57871 Issues in evaluating generic promotion in the food chain
by Goddard, Ellen W. & Freebairn, John W. & Griffith, Garry R.
- 57870 Cost Sharing In Animal Disease Management: A Case Study Of Footrot In Sheep Industry
by Ghose, Ananda & Ekersley, Peter & Cook, David C.
- 57869 Economic Evaluation of Irrigated Dairy Forage Production
by Gaffy, Joe & Gyles, Oliver
- 57868 Productivity Growth in Indonesian Agriculture, 1961-2000
by Fuglie, Keith O.
- 57867 On the use of targeting to reduce moral hazard in agri-environmental schemes
by Fraser, Rob W.
- 57865 Greenhouse Gas Abatement Policies and the Value of Carbon Sinks: Do Grazing and Cropping Systems have Different Destinies?
by Flugge, Felicity & Schilizzi, Steven
- 57863 Valuation of public environmental assets by private companies: optimal dust abatement and air quality
by Dunn, Peter & Schilizzi, Steven
- 57862 Consumer demands for organic and genetically modified foods
by Donaghy, Peter & Rolfe, John & Bennett, Jeffrey W.
- 57861 Economic Tools for Planning Health Services in Remote Rural Areas
by Doeksen, Gerald A.
- 57860 Quality Grading In The Supply Chain: The Case Of Vegetables In Southern Philippines1
by Digal, Larry N. & Hualda, Luis
- 57859 Does Excluding Cross-commodity Interactions Matter? Beef and Lamb in Australia
by Dent, Siobahn K. & Piggott, Roley R. & O'Donnell, Christopher J. & Griffith, Garry R.
- 57858 Consumer Acceptance of Genetically Modified Food Products in the Developing World
by Curtis, Kynda R. & Wahl, Thomas I. & McCluskey, Jill J.
- 57857 Whole farm considerations in the design of management agreements
by Crosthwaite, Jim
- 57856 Agri-environmental conservation – the case for an environmental levy
by Crean, Jason
- 57855 Personality, Objectives, Attitudes, Intentions and Behaviour: Modelling the Adoption of Current Recommended Practice by Farmers in the NSW Murray Catchment
by Crase, Lin & Maybery, Darryl
- 57853 State Government support for WA farmers experiencing adverse seasons in 1998 to 2001: A comment
by Coyle, Peter & Mayberry, Chris
- 57852 Rotations, Risk and Reward: Farming system choice on the Eyre Peninsula of South Australia
by Cooper, Ian M. & Nguyen, Nam C. & Hancock, Jon
- 57851 Devising A Method of ‘Expected Damage’ Estimation for a Polyphagous Invertebrate Pest Exotic to Western Australia
by Cook, David C.
- 57849 A Methodological Approach to the Spatial Aggregation of Values
by Concu, Giovanni B. & Schilizzi, Steven
- 57848 Perceptions of Southern Mindanao Farmers On the Quality of Temperate Vegetables
by Concepcion, Sylvia B. & Montiflor, Marilou O.
- 57846 Three Facts About Marijuana Prices
by Clements, Kenneth W.
- 57845 The economics of land degradation and technological change: a case study in Vietnam
by Clayton, Helena & Brennan, Donna C.
- 57843 Examining AWB’s market power in the international wheat market
by Chang, Hui-Shung (Christie) & Martel, William & Berry, Robert
- 57842 An overview of the Philippine duck industry
by Chang, Hui-Shung (Christie) & Dagaas, Clarita T. & de Castro, Nenita & Ranola, Roberto & Lambio, Angel & Malabayuabas, Maria Luz
- 57841 Market Power in Tradable Emission Markets: A Laboratory Testbed for Emission Trading in Port Phillip Bay, Victoria
by Cason, Timothy N. & Gangadharan, Lata & Duke, Charlotte
- 57840 Estimating The Cost Of Food Safety Regulation To The New Zealand Seafood Industry
by Cao, Kay & Maurer, Oswin & Scrimgeour, Frank G.
- 57839 Poorer performing paddock areas; do we:- Invest in amelioration, Vary input rates or Cull areas from the cropping system (IVC)
by Burt, Evan & Blake, John & McConnell, Graeme
- 57838 Data issues in general equilibrium modelling
by Beutre, Benjamin & Rodriguez, Gil & Pant, Hom M.
- 57835 The Intellectual Property Strategy of International Agricultural Research Centres
by Binenbaum, Eran
- 57834 Changing Farming Systems – Financial Implications for Farming Businesses
by Bennett, Anne L. & Edward, Alex & Herbert, Allan & Kingwell, Ross S. & Peak, Caroline & Rodgers, David
- 57832 Western Australian Consumers’ Attitudes Towards Genetically Modified Canola (Brassica napus)
by Baumann, Annette & Lumley, Sarah & Rumley, Dennis & Fenna, Alan
- 57831 Food Safety Issues, Trade and WTO Rules: A Developing Country Perspective
by Athukorala, Prema-chandra
- 57830 Transition Economics Somewhere Unexpected: The Australian Sugar Industry
by George, Antony
- 57829 Distribution of Gains from Cattle Development in a Multi-Stage Production System: The Case of the Bali Beef Industry
by Ambarawati, I Gusti Agung Ayu & Zhao, Xueyan & Griffith, Garry R. & Piggott, Roley R.
- 57828 An Ex Ante Analysis of the Benefits from the Adoption of Corn Rootworm Resistant, Transgenic Corn Technology
by Alston, Julian M. & Hyde, Jeffrey & Marra, Michele C. & Mitchell, Paul D.
- 57826 Farm-level Economic Evaluation of Net Feed Efficiency in Australia’s Southern Beef Cattle Production System: A Multi-period Linear Programming Approach
by Alford, Andrew R. & Griffith, Garry R. & Cacho, Oscar J.
- 57824 HIV/AIDS and South Africa’s Agricultural Sector: Impact on Food Demand
by Agbola, Frank W. & Damoense, Maylene Y. & Saini, Yvonne K.
- 57823 An empirical examination of import demand for pulses in India
by Agbola, Frank W. & Damoense, Maylene Y.
- 57822 Pulse Policy Reform in India: Implications for Trade, Prices and Production, 1970-1999
by Agbola, Frank W.