Bank Restructuring and its Implication on Indonesian Macro Economy and Agricultural Sector
The impacts of bank restructuring on the Indonesian macro economy, and its various sectors, especially the agricultural industries, are assessed and analyzed using an Indonesian Forecasting Model. The model is more detailed sector-wise than existing Indonesian CGE models and incorporates flexibility to capture alternative assumptions regarding land and investment behavior. The impacts are assessed under several alternative settings including various scenarios on capital augmenting technical change and rate of return to capital on all industries. The failure of bank restructuring will have a bad impact on the Indonesian macroeconomic performance. It will reduce the GDP from both income side and expenditure side. The impact become worst if it will reduce the efficiency of using capital in all sector. The high effort of internal and external banking system should be done to make a successful of bank restructuring. The successful of bank restructuring will increase the output bigger than the failed of bank restructuring or will minimize the negative percentage change. Paddy is one example have a positive percentage change. The government policy is still needed to encourage banking sector to give a soft loan to the agricultural sector.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: AARES Central Office Manager, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra ACT 0200|
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eichengreen, Barry & Rose, Andrew & Wyplosz, Charles, 1996. " Contagious Currency Crises: First Tests," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 98(4), pages 463-84, December.
- Lisa Cameron, 1999. "Survey of Recent Developments," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 3-41.
- Ross H McLeod, 2003. "Dealing with Bank System Failure: Indonesia, 1997-2002," Departmental Working Papers 2003-05, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Leslie Teo & Charles Enoch & Carl-Johan Lindgren & TomÃ¡s J. T. BaliÃ±o & Anne Marie Gulde & Marc Quintyn, 2000. "Financial Sector Crisis and Restructuring; Lessons from Asia: Lessons from Asia," IMF Occasional Papers 188, International Monetary Fund.
- Walmsley, Terrie, 1998.
"Long Run Simulations With GTAP: Illustrative Results from APEC Trade Liberalisation,"
GTAP Technical Papers
312, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Terrie Walmsley, 1998. "LONG-RUN SIMULATIONS WITH GTAP: Illustrative Results from APEC Trade Liberalisation," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers ip-70, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aare03:58194. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.