Food safety regulation: an overview of contemporary issues
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Spencer Henson & James Northen, 1998. "Economic determinants of food safety controls in supply of retailer own-branded products in United Kingdom," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(2), pages 113-126.
- Laurian J. Unnevehr & Helen H. Jensen, 1996.
"HACCP as a Regulatory Innovation to Improve Food Safety in the Meat Industry,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(3), pages 764-769.
- Unnevehr, Laurian J. & Jensen, Helen H., 1996. "HACCP As a Regulatory Innovation to Improve Food Safety in the Meat Industry," Staff General Research Papers Archive 937, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Laurian J. Unnevehr & Helen H. Jensen, 1996. "HACCP as a Regulatory Innovation to Improve Food Safety in the Meat Industry," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 96-wp152, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Tanya Roberts & Jean C. Buzby & Michael Ollinger, 1996. "Using Benefit and Cost Information to Evaluate a Food Safety Regulation: HACCP for Meat and Poultry," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1297-1301.
- Thornsbury, Suzanne & Roberts, Donna & DeRemer, Kate & Orden, David, 1997. "A First Step in Understanding Technical Barriers to Agricultural Trade," 1997 Conference, August 10-16, 1997, Sacramento, California 197066, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Henriques, Irene & Sadorsky, Perry, 1996. "The Determinants of an Environmentally Responsive Firm: An Empirical Approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 381-395, May.
- Alan M Rugman & Alain Verbeke, 1998. "Corporate Strategy and International Environmental Policy," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 29(4), pages 819-833, December.
- Kolstad, Charles D & Ulen, Thomas S & Johnson, Gary V, 1990. "Ex Post Liability for Harm vs. Ex Ante Safety Regulation: Substitutes or Complements?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(4), pages 888-901, September.
- Rose-Ackerman, Susan, 1991. "Regulation and the Law of Torts," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 54-58, May.
- Petrey, L.A. & Johnson, R.W.M., 1993. "Agriculture in the Uruguay Round: Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 61(03), December.
- Lokman Zaibet & Maury Brendahl, 1997. "Gains from ISO certification in the UK meat sector," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(4), pages 375-384.
- Michael E. Porter & Claas van der Linde, 1995. "Toward a New Conception of the Environment-Competitiveness Relationship," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 97-118, Fall.
- Henson, Spencer & Heasman, Michael, 1998. "Food safety regulation and the firm: understanding the compliance process1," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 9-23, February.
- Peltzman, Sam, 1976. "Toward a More General Theory of Regulation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(2), pages 211-240, August.
- Henson, Spencer & Loader, Rupert & Traill, Bruce, 1995. "Contemporary Food Policy Issues and the Food Supply Chain," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 22(3), pages 271-281.
- Julie A. Caswell & Neal H. Hooker, 1996. "HACCP as an International Trade Standard," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(3), pages 775-779.
- Neal H. Hooker & Julie A. Caswell, 1999. "A Framework for Evaluating Non-Tariff Barriers to Trade Related to Sanitary and Phytosanitary Regulation," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 234-246.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:24:y:1999:i:6:p:589-603. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.