Food safety regulation and the firm: understanding the compliance process1
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ogus, Anthony, 1992. "Information, error costs and regulation," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 411-421, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jayasinghe-Mudalige, U.K & Udugama, M., 2010. "Firms’ Private Action Towards Environmental Quality: Where Does Regulation Stand for Non-Adopters of Environment Management Practices?," Sri Lankan Journal of Agricultural Economics, Sri Lanka Agricultural Economics Association (SAEA), vol. 12.
- Fares, M. & Rouvière, E., 2006. "Voluntary Approaches to Food Safety : A Unified Framework," Working Papers MOISA 200615, UMR MOISA : Marchés, Organisations, Institutions et Stratégies d'Acteurs : CIHEAM-IAMM, CIRAD, INRA, Montpellier SupAgro - Montpellier, France.
- Henson, Spencer & Caswell, Julie, 1999. "Food safety regulation: an overview of contemporary issues," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 589-603, December.
- Chemnitz, Christine & Grethe, Harald & Kleinwechter, Ulrich, 2007.
"Quality Standards for Food Products - A Particular Burden for Small Producers in Developing Countries?,"
106th Seminar, October 25-27, 2007, Montpellier, France
7926, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Chemnitz, Christine & Grethe, Harald & Kleinwechter, Ulrich, 2007. "Quality Standards for Food Products - A Particular Burden for Small Producers in Developing Countries?," Working Paper Series 10010, Humboldt University Berlin, Department Agricultural Economics.
- Rouvière, Elodie & Caswell, Julie A., 2012.
"From punishment to prevention: A French case study of the introduction of co-regulation in enforcing food safety,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 246-254.
- Elodie Rouvière & Julie Caswell, 2012. "From punishment to prevention: A French case study of the introduction of co-regulation in enforcing food safety," Post-Print hal-01323176, HAL.
- Mojduszka, Eliza M., 2004. "Private And Public Food Safety Control Mechanisms: Interdependence And Effectiveness," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 19987, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Bremmers, Harry J. & Poppe, Krijn J. & Wijnands, Jo H.M. & van der Meulen, Bernd M.J., 2008. "Administrative Burdens in the Dairy Industry – A Proposal for Empirical Research," 110th Seminar, February 18-22, 2008, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 49886, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Li, Kai & Zhou, Jie-hong & Liang, Qiao & Huang, Zuhui, 2015. "Food safety controls and governance structure varieties in China's vegetable and fruit sector," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212046, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Fares, M'hand & Rouviere, Elodie, 2010.
"The implementation mechanisms of voluntary food safety systems,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 412-418, October.
- M'Hand Fares & Elodie Rouviere, 2010. "The implementation mechanisms of voluntary food safety systems," Post-Print hal-01323222, HAL.
- Kumar, Anjani & Thapa, Ganesh & Joshi, Pramod Kumar & Roy, Devesh, 2016. "Adoption of food safety measures among Nepalese milk producers: Do smallholders benefit?:," IFPRI discussion papers 1556, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Goldsmith, Peter D. & Turan, Nesve A. & Gow, Hamish R., 2004. "Firms, Incentives, And The Supply Of Food Safety: A Formal Model Of Government Enforcement," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20343, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Buckley, Jenifer A., 2015. "Food safety regulation and small processing: A case study of interactions between processors and inspectors," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 74-82.
- Holleran, Erin & Bredahl, Maury E. & Zaibet, Lokman, 1999. "Private incentives for adopting food safety and quality assurance," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 669-683, December.
- Zorn, Alexander & Lippert, Christian & Dabbert, Stephan, 2012. "Zur Nichteinhaltung Von Vorschriften Des Ökologischen Landbaus In Deutschland Und In Der Schweiz – Statistische Analyse Einzelbetrieblicher Daten," 52nd Annual Conference, Stuttgart, Germany, September 26-28, 2012 133414, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Giraud-Heraud, Eric & Grazia, Cristina & Hammoudi, Abdelhakim, 2007. "Agrifood safety standards, market power and consumer misperceptions," 105th Seminar, March 8-10, 2007, Bologna, Italy 7849, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Gaetano Martino & Paolo Polinori, 2007. "Contracting Food Safety Strategies in Hybrid Governance Structures," Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica 40/2007, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia.
- Fares, M'Hand & Rouviere, Elodie, 2006. "Voluntary approaches to food safety: New insights," 98th Seminar, June 29-July 2, 2006, Chania, Crete, Greece 10081, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Chemnitz, Christine, 2007. "The Compliance Process of Food Quality Standards on Primary Producer Level: A Case Study of the EUREPGAP Standard in the Moroccan Tomato Sector," Working Paper Series 10286, Humboldt University Berlin, Department Agricultural Economics.
- Mainville, Denise Y. & Zylbersztajn, Decio & Farina, Elizabeth M.M.Q. & Reardon, Thomas, 2005. "Determinants of retailers' decisions to use public or private grades and standards: Evidence from the fresh produce market of Sao Paulo, Brazil," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 334-353, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:23:y:1998:i:1:p:9-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.