Regulatory Targets And Regimes For Food Safety: A Comparison Of North American And European Approaches
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Neal H. HOOKER & Julie A. CASWELL, "undated". "Regulatory Targets And Regimes For Food Safety: A Comparison Of North American And European Approaches," Department of Resource Economics Regional Research Project 9511, University of Massachusetts.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kinsey, Jean, 1993. "GATT and the economics of food safety," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 163-176, April.
- Swinbank, Alan, 1982. "Food industry forum," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 267-268, August.
- Alan Swinbank, 1993. "Completion of the EC's internal market, mutual recognition, and the food industries," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(5), pages 509-522.
- Junker, Joel R., 1995. "Legal Challenges Of Internationalization Of Food Distribution," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 26(1), February.
- Sheldon, Ian M. & von Witzke, Harald, 1992. "On the Economics of Food Quality Standards and Integration in the European Community," Occasional Papers 233072, Regional Research Project NC-194: Organization and Performance of World Food Systems.
- Caswell, Julie A. & Kleinschmit, Jaana K., 1993. "Economic Criteria for Settling Federalism Disputes with an Application to Food Safety Regulation," Working Papers 116114, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132.
- Henson, Spencer & Traill, Bruce, 1993. "The demand for food safety : Market imperfections and the role of government," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 152-162, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fearne, Andrew & Hornibrook, Susan A. & Dedman, Sandra, 2001. "The Management Of Perceived Risk In The Food Supply Chain: A Comparative Study Of Retailer-Led Beef Quality Assurance Schemes In Germany And Italy," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 4(01).
- Ker, Alan P., 2000. "Modeling Technical Trade Barriers Under Uncertainty," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 25(01), July.
- Alessandro Banterle & Stefanella Stranieri, 2008. "Information, labelling, and vertical coordination: an analysis of the Italian meat supply networks," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(3), pages 320-331.
- McCluskey, Jill J., 2000.
"A Game Theoretic Approach to Organic Foods: An Analysis of Asymmetric Information and Policy,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(01), pages 1-9, April.
- McCluskey, Jill J., 2000. "A Game Theoretic Approach To Organic Foods: An Analysis Of Asymmetric Information And Policy," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 29(1), April.
- McCluskey, Jill J., 1999. "A Game Theoretic Approach to Organic Foods: An Analysis of Asymmetric Information and Policy," 2000 Conference (44th), January 23-25, 2000, Sydney, Australia 123706, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Wilson, John S. & Otsuki, Tsunehiro, 2001. "Global trade and food safety - winners and losers in a fragmented system," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2689, The World Bank.
- Latvala, Terhi & Kola, Jukka, 2002. "Demand for and Value of Credence Characteristics: Case Beef," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24841, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Alpay, Savas & Yalcin, Ismet & Dolekoglu, Turker, 2001. "Export Performance Of Firms In Developing Countries And Food Quality And Safety Standards In Developed Countries," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20521, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Julie A. Caswell & Eliza M. Mojduszka, 1996.
"Using Informational Labeling to Influence the Market for Quality in Food Products,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1248-1253.
- Caswell, Julie A. & Mojduszka, Eliza M., 1996. "Using Informational Labeling To Influence The Market For Quality In Food Products," Working Papers 25989, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Silvia Weyerbrock & Tian Xia, 2000. "Technical trade barriers in US|Europe agricultural trade," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(2), pages 235-251.
- Donna Roberts, 1999. "Analyzing technical trade barriers in agricultural markets: Challenges and priorities," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(3), pages 335-354.
- Kola, Jukka & Latvala, Terhi, 2002. "Demand For Credence Characteristics In Beef," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19703, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Latvala, Terhi & Kola, Jukka, 2003. "Impact Of Information On The Demand For Credence Characteristics," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 5(02).
- Bredahl, Maury E. & Holleran, Erin, 1997. "Technical Regulations And Food Safety In Nafta," Harmonization\Convergence\Compatibility in Agriculture and Agri-Food Policy: Canada, United States and Mexico; Proceedings of the 3rd Ag... 1997 16906, Farm Foundation, Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshops.
- Latvala, Terhi & Kola, Jukka, 2004. "Consumers' Willingness to Pay for Additional Information on Food Quality and Safety," 84th Seminar, February 8-11, 2004, Zeist, The Netherlands 24980, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsFood quality; international trade; harmonization; mutual recognition; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:rpsfiw:25964. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/drumaus.html .