Regulatory Targets And Regimes For Food Safety: A Comparison Of North American And European Approaches
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Neal H. HOOKER & Julie A. CASWELL, "undated". "Regulatory Targets And Regimes For Food Safety: A Comparison Of North American And European Approaches," Department of Resource Economics Regional Research Project 9511, University of Massachusetts.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kinsey, Jean, 1993. "GATT and the economics of food safety," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 163-176, April.
- Swinbank, Alan, 1982. "Food industry forum," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 267-268, August.
- Alan Swinbank, 1993. "Completion of the EC's internal market, mutual recognition, and the food industries," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(5), pages 509-522.
- Junker, Joel R., 1995. "Legal Challenges Of Internationalization Of Food Distribution," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 26(1), pages 1-2, February.
- Sheldon, Ian M. & von Witzke, Harald, 1992. "On the Economics of Food Quality Standards and Integration in the European Community," Occasional Papers 233072, Regional Research Project NC-194: Organization and Performance of World Food Systems.
- Caswell, Julie A. & Kleinschmit, Jaana K., 1993. "Economic Criteria for Settling Federalism Disputes with an Application to Food Safety Regulation," Working Papers 116114, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132.
- Kinsey, Jean, 1993. "GATT and the Economics of Food Safety," Working Papers 257282, University of Minnesota, The Food Industry Center.
- Henson, Spencer & Traill, Bruce, 1993. "The demand for food safety : Market imperfections and the role of government," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 152-162, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mwiti, Florine Karuru & Okelo, Julius & Munei, Kimpei, 2015. "Assessment Of Willingness To Pay For Quality Sweetpotato Planting Materials: The Case Of Smallholder Farmers In Tanzania," Dissertations and Theses 269713, University of Nairobi, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Silvia Weyerbrock & Tian Xia, 2000. "Technical trade barriers in US|Europe agricultural trade," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(2), pages 235-251.
- Fearne, Andrew & Hornibrook, Susan A. & Dedman, Sandra, 2001. "The Management Of Perceived Risk In The Food Supply Chain: A Comparative Study Of Retailer-Led Beef Quality Assurance Schemes In Germany And Italy," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 4(1), pages 1-18.
- Donna Roberts, 1999. "Analyzing technical trade barriers in agricultural markets: Challenges and priorities," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(3), pages 335-354.
- Ker, Alan P., 2000. "Modeling Technical Trade Barriers Under Uncertainty," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 1-23, July.
- Alessandro Banterle & Stefanella Stranieri, 2008. "Information, labelling, and vertical coordination: an analysis of the Italian meat supply networks," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(3), pages 320-331.
- McCluskey, Jill J., 2000.
"A Game Theoretic Approach to Organic Foods: An Analysis of Asymmetric Information and Policy,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(1), pages 1-9, April.
- McCluskey, Jill J., 2000. "A Game Theoretic Approach To Organic Foods: An Analysis Of Asymmetric Information And Policy," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 29(1), pages 1-9, April.
- McCluskey, Jill J., 1999. "A Game Theoretic Approach to Organic Foods: An Analysis of Asymmetric Information and Policy," 2000 Conference (44th), January 23-25, 2000, Sydney, Australia 123706, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Bredahl, Maury E. & Holleran, Erin, 1997. "Technical Regulations And Food Safety In Nafta," Proceedings of the 3rd Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshop, 1997: Harmonization\Convergence\Compatibility in Agriculture and Agri-Food Policy: Canada, United States and Mexico 16906, Farm Foundation, Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshops.
- Kola, Jukka & Latvala, Terhi, 2002. "Demand For Credence Characteristics In Beef," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19703, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Wilson, John S. & Otsuki, Tsunehiro, 2001. "Global trade and food safety - winners and losers in a fragmented system," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2689, The World Bank.
- Julie A. Caswell & Eliza M. Mojduszka, 1996.
"Using Informational Labeling to Influence the Market for Quality in Food Products,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1248-1253.
- Caswell, Julie A. & Mojduszka, Eliza M., 1996. "Using Informational Labeling To Influence The Market For Quality In Food Products," Working Papers 25989, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Latvala, Terhi & Kola, Jukka, 2002. "Demand for and Value of Credence Characteristics: Case Beef," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24841, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Alpay, Savas & Yalcin, Ismet & Dolekoglu, Turker, 2001. "Export Performance Of Firms In Developing Countries And Food Quality And Safety Standards In Developed Countries," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20521, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Latvala, Terhi & Kola, Jukka, 2003. "Impact Of Information On The Demand For Credence Characteristics," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 5(2), pages 1-12.
- Latvala, Terhi & Kola, Jukka, 2004. "Consumers' Willingness to Pay for Additional Information on Food Quality and Safety," 84th Seminar, February 8-11, 2004, Zeist, The Netherlands 24980, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsFood Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:rpsfiw:25964. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/drumaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.