Technical trade barriers in US|Europe agricultural trade
Technical barriers strongly affect US|European agricultural and food trade. A 1996 USDA survey identifies 57 questionable European regulations affecting US agricultural exports with an estimated trade impact of $899.55 million. This article identifies European and US technical regulations that impede bilateral trade. The article provides a background for case studies and draws conclusions regarding the future role of technical barriers. We expect that technical barriers in US|Europe trade will proliferate in the future because of changes in trade rules, higher demand for food safety and various food quality attributes, and EU membership of Eastern European countries. © 2000 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 16 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mintzer, Erica S. & Osteen, Craig, 1997. "New Uniform Standards for Pesticide Residues in Food," Food Review: The Magazine of Food Economics, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, vol. 20(1).
- Neal H. HOOKER & Julie A. CASWELL, "undated".
"Regulatory Targets And Regimes For Food Safety: A Comparison Of North American And European Approaches,"
Department of Resource Economics Regional Research Project
9511, University of Massachusetts.
- Hooker, Neal H. & Caswell, Julie A., 1995. "Regulatory Targets And Regimes For Food Safety: A Comparison Of North American And European Approaches," Proceedings: The Economics of Reducing Health Risk from Food, June 6-7, 1995, Washington, D.C. 25964, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Roberts, Donna, 1998. "Implementation Of The Wto Agreement On The Application Of Sanitary And Phytosanitary Measures: The First Two Years," Working Papers 14588, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:agribz:v:16:y:2000:i:2:p:235-251. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.