Financial Structure and Macroeconomic Volatility : a Panel Data Analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Emiel van Bezooijen & Jacob Bikker, 2017. "Financial structure and macroeconomic volatility: a panel data analysis," DNB Working Papers 568, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
References listed on IDEAS
- Aghion, Philippe & Bacchetta, Philippe & Banerjee, Abhijit, 1999.
"Capital Markets and the Instability of Open Economies,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2083, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Philippe Aghion & Philippe Bacchetta & Abhijit Banerjee, 2000. "Capital Markets and the Instability of Open Economies," Working Papers 99.01 update, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Philippe Aghion & Philippe Bacchetta & Abhijit Banerjee, 1999. "Capital Markets and the Instability of Open Economies," Working Papers 99.01, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Raddatz, Claudio, 2006.
"Liquidity needs and vulnerability to financial underdevelopment,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 677-722, June.
- Raddatz, Claudio, 2003. "Liquidity needs and vulnerability to financial udnerdevelopment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3161, The World Bank.
- Anderson, Nicola & Brooke, Martin & Hume, Michael & Kürtösiová, Miriam, 2015. "Financial Stability Paper 33: A European Capital Markets Union: implications for growth and stability," Bank of England Financial Stability Papers 33, Bank of England.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 1997.
"Was Prometheus Unbound by Chance? Risk, Diversification, and Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(4), pages 709-751, August.
- Daron Acemoglu & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 1994. "Was Prometheus unbound by chance? Risk, diversification and growth," Economics Working Papers 98, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 1996. "Was Prometheus Unbound by Chance? Risk, Diversification and Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 1426, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Denizer Cevdet A. & Iyigun Murat F. & Owen Ann, 2002.
"Finance and Macroeconomic Volatility,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-32, October.
- Cevdet Denizer & Murat F. Lyigun & Ann L. Owen, 2000. "Finance and macroeconomic volatility," International Finance Discussion Papers 670, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Cevdet Denizer & Murat Iyigun & Ann Owen, 2000. "Finance and Macroeconomic Volatility," Macroeconomics 0004015, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Denizer, Cevdet & Iyigun, Murat F. & Owen, Ann L., 2000. "Finance and macroeconomic volatility," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2487, The World Bank.
- Ferreira da Silva, Gisele, 2002. "The impact of financial system development on business cycles volatility: cross-country evidence," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 233-253, June.
- Era Dabla-Norris & Narapong Srivisal, 2013. "Revisiting the Link Between Finance and Macroeconomic Volatility," IMF Working Papers 13/29, International Monetary Fund.
- Levine, Ross, 2005. "Finance and Growth: Theory and Evidence," Handbook of Economic Growth,in: Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.), Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 12, pages 865-934 Elsevier.
- Boot, Arnoud W A & Thakor, Anjan V, 1997. "Financial System Architecture," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(3), pages 693-733.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Takeo Hoshi & Anil K. Kashyap, 2008.
"Zombie Lending and Depressed Restructuring in Japan,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 98(5), pages 1943-1977, December.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Takeo Hoshi & Anil K. Kashyap, 2006. "Zombie Lending and Depressed Restructuring in Japan," NBER Working Papers 12129, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernanke, Ben S. & Gertler, Mark & Gilchrist, Simon, 1999.
"The financial accelerator in a quantitative business cycle framework,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics,in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 21, pages 1341-1393
- Bernanke, B. & Gertler, M. & Gilchrist, S., 1998. "The Financial Accelerator in a Quantitative Business Cycle Framework," Working Papers 98-03, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Ben Bernanke & Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1998. "The Financial Accelerator in a Quantitative Business Cycle Framework," NBER Working Papers 6455, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bacchetta, Philippe & Caminal, Ramon, 2000.
"Do capital market imperfections exacerbate output fluctuations?,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 449-468, March.
- Bacchetta, Philippe & Caminal, Ramon, 1996. "Do Capital Market Imperfections Exacerbate Output Fluctuations?," CEPR Discussion Papers 1422, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Philippe BACCHETTA & CRamon CAMINAL, 1996. "Do Capital Market Imperfections Exacerbate Output Fluctuations ?," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 9612, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Yeh, Chih-Chuan & Huang, Ho-Chuan (River) & Lin, Pei-Chien, 2013. "Financial structure on growth and volatility," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 391-400.
- Mallick, Debdulal, 2014.
"Financial Development, Shocks, And Growth Volatility,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(03), pages 651-688, April.
- Mallick, Debdulal, 2009. "Financial Development, Shocks, and Growth Volatility," MPRA Paper 17799, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tharavanij, Piyapas, 2007. "Capital Market and Business Cycle Volatility," MPRA Paper 4952, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Leonardo Gambacorta & Jing Yang & Kostas Tsatsaronis, 2014. "Financial structure and growth," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial developmen; financial system structure; macroeconomic volatility; market-based finance; bank-based finance; capital market integration; business cycle;
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-10-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CTA-2017-10-22 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-EEC-2017-10-22 (European Economics)
- NEP-FDG-2017-10-22 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-MAC-2017-10-22 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:use:tkiwps:1713. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marina Muilwijk) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eiruunl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.