Financial structure and growth
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephen Cecchetti & Enisse Kharroubi, 2012. "Reassessing the impact of finance on growth," BIS Working Papers 381, Bank for International Settlements.
- Peia, Oana & Roszbach, Kasper, 2015. "Finance and growth: Time series evidence on causality," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 105-118.
- Levine, Ross & Zervos, Sara, 1998.
"Stock Markets, Banks, and Economic Growth,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 88(3), pages 537-558, June.
- Ross Levine & Sara Zervos, "undated". "Stock markets, banks and economic growth ," CERF Discussion Paper Series 95-11, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Levine, Ross & Zervos, Sara, 1996. "Stock markets, banks, and economic growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1690, The World Bank.
- Bruce D. Smith & John H. Boyd, 1998.
"The evolution of debt and equity markets in economic development,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 12(3), pages 519-560.
- John H. Boyd & Bruce D. Smith, 1995. "The evolution of debt and equity markets in economic development," Working Papers 542, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, revised 1995.
- Giannetti, Mariassunta, 2003.
"Do Better Institutions Mitigate Agency Problems? Evidence from Corporate Finance Choices,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(1), pages 185-212, March.
- Mariassunta Giannetti, 2000. "Do Better Institutions Mitigate Agency Problems? Evidence from Corporate Finance Choices," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 376, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Giannetti, M., 2000. "Do Better Institutions Mitigate Agency Problems? Evidence from Corporate Finance Choices," Papers 376, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Blundell, Richard & Bond, Stephen, 1998.
"Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 115-143, August.
- R Blundell & Steven Bond, "undated". "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data model," Economics Papers W14&104., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Richard Blundell & Stephen Bond, 1995. "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models," IFS Working Papers W95/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Blundell, R. & Bond, S., 1995. "Initial Conditions and Moment Restrictions in Dynamic Panel Data Models," Economics Papers 104, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- de Jong, Abe & Kabir, Rezaul & Nguyen, Thuy Thu, 2008.
"Capital structure around the world: The roles of firm- and country-specific determinants,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1954-1969, September.
- de Jong, A. & Kabir, R. & Nguyen, T.T., 2007. "Capital Structure around the World: The Roles of Firm- and Country-Specific Determinants," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2007-058-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Beck, Thorsten & Levine, Ross, 2004. "Stock markets, banks, and growth: Panel evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 423-442, March.
- Law, Siong Hook & Singh, Nirvikar, 2014. "Does too much finance harm economic growth?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 36-44.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eisele, Alexander & Nowak, Eric, 2017. "The Real Effects of Improving Access to Capital Markets Financing: Evidence from European SMEs," CEPR Discussion Papers 12227, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:bla:devpol:v:36:y:2018:i:s2:p:o954-o983 is not listed on IDEAS
- Emiel van Bezooijen & Jacob Bikker, 2017.
"Financial structure and macroeconomic volatility: a panel data analysis,"
DNB Working Papers
568, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Emiel F.S. van Bezooijen & J.A. Bikker, 2017. "Financial Structure and Macroeconomic Volatility : a Panel Data Analysis," Working Papers 17-13, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Esti Kemp & Rene van Stralen & Alexandros Vardoulakis & Peter J. Wierts, 2018. "The Non-Bank Credit Cycle," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2018-076, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Michael Brei & Giovanni Ferri & Leonardo Gambacorta, 2018. "Financial structure and income inequality," BIS Working Papers 756, Bank for International Settlements.
- Lenz, Rainer, 2015. "Banking 2025: The Bank of the Future," EconStor Preprints 110466, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- repec:taf:apeclt:v:26:y:2019:i:7:p:561-575 is not listed on IDEAS
- Iñaki Aldasoro & Robert Unger, 2017.
"External financing and economic activity in the euro area - why are bank loans special?,"
BIS Working Papers
622, Bank for International Settlements.
- Aldasoro, Iñaki & Unger, Robert, 2017. "External financing and economic activity in the euro area: Why are bank loans special?," Discussion Papers 04/2017, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Luintel, Kul B. & Khan, Mosahid & Leon-Gonzalez, Roberto & Li, Guangjie, 2016.
"Financial development, structure and growth: New data, method and results,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 95-112.
- Kul B Luintel & Khan Mosahid & Leon-Gonzalez Roberto & Li Guangjie, 2016. "Financial Development, Structure and Growth : New Data, Method and Results," GRIPS Discussion Papers 15-27, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Luintel, Kul B & Khan, Mosahid & Leon-Gonzalez, Roberto & Li, GuangJie, 2016. "Financial Development, Structure and Growth: New Data, Method and Results," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2016/2, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Jérôme Creel & Paul Hubert & Fabien Labondance, 2017. "Financialisation Risks and Econmic Performance," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2017-21, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Lee, Chien-Chiang & Lin, Chun-Wei & Zeng, Jhih-Hong, 2016. "Financial liberalization, insurance market, and the likelihood of financial crises," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 25-51.
- repec:pal:compes:v:60:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1057_s41294-018-0056-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jack Bekooij & Jon Frost & Remco van der Molen & Krzysztof Muzalewski, 2016. "Hazardous tango: Sovereign-bank interdependencies across countries and time," DNB Working Papers 541, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Loayza,Norman V. & Ouazad,Amine & Ranciere,Romain, 2017.
"Financial development, growth, and crisis: is there a trade-off ?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
8237, The World Bank.
- Norman Loayza & Amine Ouazad & Romain Rancière, 2018. "Financial Development, Growth, and Crisis: Is There a Trade-Off?," NBER Working Papers 24474, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Norman Loayza & Amine Ouazad & Romain Ranciere, 2017. "Financial Development, Growth, and Crisis: Is There a Trade-Off?," Working Papers 2017-114, Peruvian Economic Association.
- Oliver Denk & Sebastian Schich & Boris Cournède, 2015. "Why implicit bank debt guarantees matter: Some empirical evidence," OECD Journal: Financial Market Trends, OECD Publishing, vol. 2014(2), pages 63-88.
- Jan Kakes & Rob Nijskens, 2018. "Size of the banking sector: implications for financial stability," DNB Occasional Studies 1606, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Boukhatem, Jamel, 2016. "Assessing the direct effect of financial development on poverty reduction in a panel of low- and middle-income countries," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 214-230.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:45:y:2018:i:c:p:427-434 is not listed on IDEAS
- Claessens, Stijn, 2017. "Regulation and structural change in financial systems," CEPR Discussion Papers 11822, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Benczur, Peter & Karagiannis, Stylianos & Kvedaras, Virmantas, 2017. "Finance and economic growth: financing structure and non-linear impact," Working Papers 2017-07, Joint Research Centre, European Commission (Ispra site).
- Jameel Ahmed, 2016. "Credit Conditions in Pakistan: Supply Constraints or Demand Deficiencies?," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 54(2), pages 139-161, June.
- Unger, Robert, 2018. "Revisiting the finance and growth nexus: A deeper look at sectors and instruments," Discussion Papers 55/2018, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Emmanuel Carré & Guillaume L’œillet, 2018.
"The Literature on the Finance–Growth Nexus in the Aftermath of the Financial Crisis: A Review,"
Comparative Economic Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 60(1), pages 161-180, March.
- Emmanuel Carré & Guillaume L'Oeillet, 2018. "The Literature on the Finance–Growth Nexus in the Aftermath of the Financial Crisis: A Review," Post-Print halshs-01746069, HAL.
- Popov, Alexander, 2017. "Evidence on finance and economic growth," Working Paper Series 2115, European Central Bank.
- repec:gam:jijfss:v:6:y:2018:i:2:p:57-:d:150855 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bis:bisqtr:1403e. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Beslmeisl). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bisssch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.