Foods and Fads - The Welfare Impacts of Rising Quinoa Prices in Peru
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fernando M. Arag?n & Juan Pablo Rud, 2013.
"Natural Resources and Local Communities: Evidence from a Peruvian Gold Mine,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy,
American Economic Association, vol. 5(2), pages 1-25, May.
- Aragon, Fernando & Rud, Juan, 2009. "The Blessing of Natural Resources: Evidence from a Peruvian Gold Mine," Working Papers 2009-014, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú.
- Fernando M. Aragon & Juan Pablo Rud, 2010. "Natural Resources and Local Economic Development: Evidence from a Peruvian Gold Mine," Discussion Papers dp10-04, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Jose Cuesta & Hugo Ñopo & Georgina Pizzolitto, 2011.
"Using Pseudo‐Panels To Measure Income Mobility In Latin America,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57(2), pages 224-246, June.
- Hugo Ñopo & Giorgina Pizzolitto & José Cuesta, 2007. "Using Pseudo-Panels to Measure Income Mobility in Latin America," Research Department Publications 4557, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Cuesta, Jose & Nopo, Hugo R. & Pizzolitto, Georgina, 2011. "Using Pseudo-Panels to Measure Income Mobility in Latin America," IZA Discussion Papers 5449, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Luc J. Christiaensen & Kalanidhi Subbarao, 2005.
"Towards an Understanding of Household Vulnerability in Rural Kenya,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 14(4), pages 520-558, December.
- Christiaensen, Luc. J. & Subbarao, Kalanidhi, 2004. "Toward an understanding of household vulnerability in rural Kenya," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3326, The World Bank.
- Jose Galdo, 2013.
"The Long-Run Labor-Market Consequences of Civil War: Evidence from the Shining Path in Peru,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(4), pages 789-823.
- Galdo, Jose C., 2010. "The Long-Run Labor-Market Consequences of Civil War: Evidence from the Shining Path in Peru," IZA Discussion Papers 5028, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Oeindrila Dube & Juan F. Vargas, 2013. "Commodity Price Shocks and Civil Conflict: Evidence from Colombia," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 80(4), pages 1384-1421.
- Christopher B. Barrett & Paul A. Dorosh, 1996. "Farmers' Welfare and Changing Food Prices: Nonparametric Evidence from Rice in Madagascar," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(3), pages 656-669.
- Alberto Zezza & Benjamin Davis & Carlo Azzarri & Katia Covarrubias & Luca Tasciotti & Gustavo Anriquez, 2008.
"The Impact of Rising Food Prices on the Poor,"
08-07, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Zezza, Alberto & Davis, Benjamin & Azzarri, Carlo & Covarrubias, Katia & Tasciotti, Luca & Anriquez, Gustavo, 2009. "The Impact of Rising Food Prices on the Poor," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51696, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- McKenzie, D.J.David J., 2004. "Asymptotic theory for heterogeneous dynamic pseudo-panels," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 235-262, June.
- Guillermo Cruces & Peter Lanjouw & Leonardo Lucchetti & Elizaveta Perova & Renos Vakis & Mariana Viollaz, 2015. "Estimating poverty transitions using repeated cross-sections: a three-country validation exercise," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 13(2), pages 161-179, June.
- Quentin Wodon & Hassan Zaman, 2010. "Higher Food Prices in Sub-Saharan Africa: Poverty Impact and Policy Responses," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 25(1), pages 157-176, February.
- Marc F. Bellemare & Christopher B. Barrett & David R. Just, 2013. "The Welfare Impacts of Commodity Price Volatility: Evidence from Rural Ethiopia," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 95(4), pages 877-899.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- The Welfare Impacts of Rising Quinoa Prices: Evidence from Peru
by Marc F. Bellemare in Marc F. Bellemare on 2016-03-23 15:00:54
- Links and quotes for March 28, 2016: Free market quinoa, veterans, and more
by Sarah Gustafson in AEIdeas on 2016-03-28 22:34:25
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raymond B. Frempong & David Stadelmann, 2017. "The Effect of Food Price Changes on Child Labor: Evidence from Uganda," CREMA Working Paper Series 2017-06, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- repec:fpr:ifpric:9780896292499-01 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsQuinoa; Commodity Price Shocks; Household Welfare; Peru.;
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-04-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2016-04-04 (Development)
- NEP-ENV-2016-04-04 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tow:wpaper:2016-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Juergen Jung). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/detowus.html .