Distributional effects of rising food prices in Pakistan: Evidence from HIES 2001–02 and 2005–06 survey
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John Creedy & Justin van de Ven, 1997.
"The Distributional Effects of Inflation in Australia 1980-1995,"
Australian Economic Review,
The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 30(2), pages 125-143.
- Creedy, J. & Van de Ven,J., 1996. "The Distributional Efefcts of Inflation in Australia, 1980-1995," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 537, The University of Melbourne.
- Muhammad Ali & Syed Arifullah & Manzoor Hussain Memon, 2008.
"Edible Oil Deficit and Its Impact on Food Expenditure in Pakistan,"
The Pakistan Development Review,
Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 47(4), pages 531-546.
- Ali, Muhammad & Arifullah, Syed & Memon, Manzoor Hussain, 2009. "Edible Oil Deficit and Its Impact on Food Expenditure in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 17149, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Apr 2009.
- Huseyin Özer, 2003. "Consumption Patterns of Major Food Items in Turkey," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 42(1), pages 29-40.
- Creedy, John, 1998.
"Measuring the Welfare Effects of Price Changes: A Convenient Parametric Approach,"
Australian Economic Papers,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(2), pages 137-151, June.
- Creedy, J., 1996. "Measuring the Welfare Effects of Price Changes: A Convenient Parametric Approach," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 536, The University of Melbourne.
- Maros Ivanic & Will Martin, 2008. "Implications of higher global food prices for poverty in low-income countries-super-1," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(s1), pages 405-416, November.
- Abid Hussain & Jayant Kumar Routray, 2012. "Status and factors of food security in Pakistan," International Journal of Development Issues, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 11(2), pages 164-185, June.
- Mellor, John W, 1978. "Food Price Policy and Income Distribution in Low-Income Countries," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(1), pages 1-26, October.
- David (David Patrick) Madden, 2009. "Distributional characteristics for Ireland : a note," Working Papers 200910, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Newbery, David M, 1995. "The Distributional Impact of Price Changes in Hungary and the United Kingdom," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(431), pages 847-863, July.
- Haadia Arshad & Muhammad Idrees, 2008. "Trends in Polarisation in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 47(2), pages 153-167.
- Umer Khalid & Sajjad Akhtar, 2011. "Poverty Dynamics of Female-headed Households in Pakistan: Evidence from PIHS 2000-01 and PSLM 2004-05," PIDE-Working Papers 2011:80, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Paolo Liberati, 2001. "The Distributional Effects of Indirect Tax Changes in Italy," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 8(1), pages 27-51, January.
- Christopher Adam & Olu Ajakaiye, 2011. "Causes, Consequences and Policy Implications of Global Food Price Shocks: Introduction and Overview," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 20(suppl_1), pages -11, May.
- Hubbard, Carmen & Thomson, Kenneth J., 2007. "Romania's accession to the EU: Short-term welfare effects on food consumers," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 128-140, February.
- Arndt, Channing & Benfica, Rui & Maximiano, Nelson & Nucifora, Antonio M.D. & Thurlow, James, 2008. "Higher fuel and food prices: Economic impacts and responses for Mozambique," IFPRI discussion papers 836, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Christopher B. Barrett & Paul A. Dorosh, 1996. "Farmers' Welfare and Changing Food Prices: Nonparametric Evidence from Rice in Madagascar," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(3), pages 656-669.
- Jorge N. Valero-Gil & Magali Valero, 2008.
"The effects of rising food prices on poverty in Mexico,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(s1), pages 485-496, November.
- Valero-Gil, Jorge & Valero, Magali, 2008. "The effects of rising food prices on poverty in Mexico," MPRA Paper 10221, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alberto Zezza & Benjamin Davis & Carlo Azzarri & Katia Covarrubias & Luca Tasciotti & Gustavo Anriquez, 2008.
"The Impact of Rising Food Prices on the Poor,"
08-07, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Zezza, Alberto & Davis, Benjamin & Azzarri, Carlo & Covarrubias, Katia & Tasciotti, Luca & Anriquez, Gustavo, 2009. "The Impact of Rising Food Prices on the Poor," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51696, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Saadia Refaqat, 2005. "Redistributive Impact of GST Tax Reform: Pakistan, 1990-2001," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 44(4), pages 841-862.
- Cardwell, Ryan T. & Barichello, Richard R., 2009. "High Food Prices and Developing Countries: Policy Responses at Home and Abroad," Commissioned Papers 54970, Canadian Agricultural Trade Policy Research Network.
- Ivanic, Maros & Martin, Will, 2008. "Implications of higher global food prices for poverty in low-income countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4594, The World Bank.
- Channing Arndt & Rui Benfica & Nelson Maximiano & Antonio M. D. Nucifora & James T. Thurlow, 2008. "Higher fuel and food prices: impacts and responses for Mozambique," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(s1), pages 497-511, November.
- Rafael E. de Hoyos & Denis Medvedev, 2011.
"Poverty Effects of Higher Food Prices: A Global Perspective,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 387-402, August.
- De Hoyos, Rafael E. & Medvedev, Denis, 2009. "Poverty effects of higher food prices : a global perspective," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4887, The World Bank.
- Henna Ahsan & Zainab Iftikhar & M. Ali Kemal, 2011. "The Determinants of Food Prices: A Case Study of Pakistan," PIDE-Working Papers 2011:76, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1990. "Rural Welfare Effects of Food Price Changes under Induced Wage Responses: Theory and Evidence for Bangladesh," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(3), pages 574-585, July.
- Dale E. Hathaway, 1974. "Food Prices and Inflation," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 5(1), pages 63-116.
- Feldstein, Martin S, 1972. "Distributional Equity and the Optimal Structure of Public Prices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(1), pages 32-36, March.
- Quentin Wodon & Hassan Zaman, 2010. "Higher Food Prices in Sub-Saharan Africa: Poverty Impact and Policy Responses," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 25(1), pages 157-176, February.
More about this item
KeywordsFood inflation; Distributional characteristics; Consumption basket; Agriculture; Pakistan;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:29:y:2012:i:5:p:1986-1995. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.