High Food Prices and Developing Countries: Policy Responses at Home and Abroad
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mitchell, Donald, 2008. "A note on rising food prices," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4682, The World Bank.
- Seale, James L., Jr. & Regmi, Anita & Bernstein, Jason, 2003. "International Evidence On Food Consumption Patterns," Technical Bulletins 33580, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Daniel A. Sumner, 2009. "Recent Commodity Price Movements in Historical Perspective," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1250-1256.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Czech, Katarzyna, 2013. "Speculation in the agricultural commodity market," Problems of World Agriculture / Problemy Rolnictwa Światowego, Warsaw University of Life Sciences, vol. 13(28), pages 1-8, December.
- Mohsin, Asma & Zaman, Khalid, 2012. "Distributional effects of rising food prices in Pakistan: Evidence from HIES 2001–02 and 2005–06 survey," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1986-1995.
- Cardwell, Ryan T., 2012. "High Food Prices and International Food Assistance," Commissioned Papers 165921, Canadian Agricultural Trade Policy Research Network.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Baldos, Uris Lantz & Thomas Hertel, 2014.
"Bursting the Bubble: A Long Run Perspective on Crop Commodity Prices,"
GTAP Working Papers
4574, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Baldos, Uris Lantz C. & Hertel, Thomas W., 2014. "Bursting the Bubble: A Long Run Perspective on Crop Commodity Prices," Working papers 283566, Purdue University, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Global Trade Analysis Project.
- Mensi, Walid & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Nguyen, Duc Khuong & Yoon, Seong-Min, 2014.
"Dynamic spillovers among major energy and cereal commodity prices,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 225-243.
- Walid Mensi & Shawkat Hammoudeh & Duc Khuong Nguyen & Seong-Min Yoon, 2014. "Dynamic spillovers among major energy and cereal commodity prices," Working Papers 2014-160, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- von Braun, Joachim & Tadesse, Getaw, 2012. "Global Food Price Volatility and Spikes: An Overview of Costs, Causes, and Solutions," Discussion Papers 120021, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Etienne, Xiaoli L., 2015.
"Financialization of Agricultural Commodity Markets: Do Financial Data Help to Forecast Agricultural Prices?,"
2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California
205124, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Etienne, Xiaoli, 2015. "Financialization of Agricultural Commodity Markets: Do Financial Data Help to Forecast Agricultural Prices," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211626, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- George Verikios, 2004.
"A Model of the World Wool Market,"
Economics Discussion / Working Papers
04-24, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Verikios, George, 2005. "A Model of the World Wool Market," 2005 Conference (49th), February 9-11, 2005, Coff's Harbour, Australia 139293, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Pierre, Boulanger & Aikaterini, Kavallari & Luise, Rau Marie & Martine, Rutten, 2013.
"Trade openness and investment in North Africa: A CGE application to deep and comprehensive free trade areas (DCFTAs) between the EU and respectively Egypt, Morocco and Tunisia,"
2013: Productivity and Its Impacts on Global Trade, June 2-4, 2013. Seville, Spain
152360, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Boulanger, Pierre & Kavallari, Aikaterini & Rau, M.L. & Rutten, M., 2013. "Trade openness and investment in North Africa: A CGE application to deep and comprehensive free trade areas (DCFTAs) between the EU and respectively Egypt, Morocco and Tunisia," 2013: Productivity and Its Impacts on Global Trade, June 2-4, 2013. Seville, Spain 152361, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Dorothée Boccanfuso & Luc Savard, 2011.
"The Food Crisis and its Impacts on Poverty in Senegal and Mali: Crossed Destinies,"
Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 29(2), pages 211-247, March.
- Dorothée Boccanfuso & Luc Savard, 2008. "The Food Crisis and its Impacts on Poverty in Senegal and Mali: Crossed Destinies," Cahiers de recherche 08-20, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke, revised 08 May 2009.
- Dorothée BOCCANFUSO & Luc SAVARD, 2009. "The Food Crisis and its Impacts on Poverty in Senegal and Mali: Crossed Destinies," EcoMod2009 21500015, EcoMod.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:17:y:2008:i:22:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- von Braun, Joachim, 2007. "The world food situation: New driving forces and required actions," Food policy reports 18, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Uhl Kerstin Marit & Perekhozhuk Oleksandr & Glauben Thomas, 2019.
"Russian Market Power in International Wheat Exports: Evidence from a Residual Demand Elasticity Analysis,"
Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 17(2), pages 1-13, November.
- Uhl, Kerstin Marit & Perekhozhuk, Oleksandr & Glauben, Thomas, 2019. "Russian market power in international wheat exports: Evidence from a residual demand elasticity analysis," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 1-13.
- John Baffes & Tassos Haniotis, 2016. "What Explains Agricultural Price Movements?," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(3), pages 706-721, September.
- Haile, Mekbib G. & Kalkuhl, Matthias & Braun, Joachim von, 2013. "Inter-and intra-annual global crop acreage response to prices and price risk," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149695, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Bernardina Algieri, 2014. "A roller coaster ride: an empirical investigation of the main drivers of the international wheat price," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(4), pages 459-475, July.
- Sorda, Giovanni & Banse, Martin & Kemfert, Claudia, 2010. "An overview of biofuel policies across the world," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 6977-6988, November.
- Zhang, Dengjun & Asche, Frank & Oglend, Atle, 2014. "Ethanol and trade: An analysis of price transmission in the US market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 1-8.
- Matteo Manera & Marcella Nicolini & Ilaria Vignati, 2012.
"Returns in commodities futures markets and financial speculation: a multivariate GARCH approach,"
Quaderni di Dipartimento
170, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods.
- Manera, Matteo & Nicolini, Marcella & Vignati, Ilaria, 2012. "Returns in Commodities Futures Markets and Financial Speculation: A Multivariate GARCH Approach," Energy: Resources and Markets 122868, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Matteo Manera & Marcella Nicolini & Ilaria Vignati, 2012. "Returns in Commodities Futures Markets and Financial Speculation: A Multivariate GARCH Approach," Working Papers 2012.23, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Hochman Gal & Sexton Steven E & Zilberman David D, 2008. "The Economics of Biofuel Policy and Biotechnology," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 6(2), pages 1-24, December.
- Lundberg, Liv & Jonson, Emma & Lindgren, Kristian & Bryngelsson, David & Verendel, Vilhelm, 2015. "A cobweb model of land-use competition between food and bioenergy crops," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 1-14.
- Bastianin, Andrea & Galeotti, Marzio & Manera, Matteo, 2014.
"Causality and predictability in distribution: The ethanol–food price relation revisited,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 152-160.
- Marzio GALEOTTI & Andrea BASTIANIN & Matteo MANERA, 2013. "Food versus Fuel: Causality and Predictability in Distribution," Departmental Working Papers 2013-10, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Andrea Bastianin & Marzio Galeotti & Matteo Manera, 2013. "Food versus Fuel: Causality and Predictability in Distribution," Working Papers 2013.23, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Andrea Bastianin & Marzio Galeotti & Matteo Manera, 2013. "Food versus Fuel: Causality and Predictability in Distribution," IEFE Working Papers 56, IEFE, Center for Research on Energy and Environmental Economics and Policy, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Andrea Bastianin & Marzio Galeotti & Matteo Manera, 2013. "Food versus Fuel: Causality and Predictability in Distribution," Working Papers 241, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2013.
- MacDonald, Stephen & Pan, Suwen & Somwaru, Agapi & Tuan, Francis C., 2004. "China'S Role In World Cotton And Textile Markets," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20054, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Cheng, Sheng & Cao, Yan, 2019. "On the relation between global food and crude oil prices: An empirical investigation in a nonlinear framework," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 422-432.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural and Food Policy; Food Security and Poverty; International Relations/Trade;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-12-05 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:catpcp:54970. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/catprca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.