Local and Regional Food Aid Procurement: An Assessment of Experience in Africa and Elements of Good Donor Practice
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Schiff, Maurice & Montenegro, Claudio E, 1997.
"Aggregate Agricultural Supply Response in Developing Countries: A Survey of Selected Issues,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(2), pages 393-410, January.
- Schiff, Maurice & Montenegro, Claudio E., 1995. "Aggregate agricultural supply response in developing countries : a survey of selected issues," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1485, The World Bank.
- Holtzman, John S., 1986. "Rapid Reconnaissance Guidelines for Agricultural Marketing and Food System Research in Developing Countries," Food Security International Development Working Papers 54741, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Johann Kirsten & Julian May & Sheryl Hendriks & Charles L. Machethe & Cecelia Punt & Mike Lyne, 2007. "South Africa," Chapters,in: Beyond Food Production, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Tschirley, David L. & Abdula, Danilo Carimo & Weber, Michael T., 2006. "Toward Improved Maize Marketing and Trade Policies to Promote Household Food Security in Central and Southern Mozambique," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 56065, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Govereh, Jones & Haggblade, Steven & Nielson, Hunter & Tschirley, David L., 2008. "Maize Market Sheds in Eastern and Southern Africa. Report 1," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 55374, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Lentz, Erin C. & Passarelli, Simone & Barrett, Christopher B., 2013. "The Timeliness and Cost-Effectiveness of the Local and Regional Procurement of Food Aid," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 9-18.
- Garg, Teevrat & Barrett, Christopher B. & Gómez, Miguel I. & Lentz, Erin C. & Violette, William J., 2013. "Market Prices and Food Aid Local and Regional Procurement and Distribution: A Multi-Country Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 19-29.
- Zavale, Helder & Myers, Robert & Tschirley, David, 2015. "Market Level Effects of World Food Program Local and Regional Procurement of Food Aid in Africa," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211862, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Harou, Aurélie P. & Upton, Joanna B. & Lentz, Erin C. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Gómez, Miguel I., 2013. "Tradeoffs or Synergies? Assessing Local and Regional Food Aid Procurement through Case Studies in Burkina Faso and Guatemala," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 44-57.
- World Bank, 2008. "Regional Trade in Food Staples : Prospects for Stimulating Agricultural Growth and Moderation Food Security Crises in Eastern and Southern Africa," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7829, The World Bank.
- Dorosh, Paul A. & Dradri, Simon & Haggblade, Steven, 2009. "Regional trade, government policy and food security: Recent evidence from Zambia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 350-366, August.
- Lentz, Erin C. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Gómez, Miguel I. & Maxwell, Daniel G., 2013. "On The Choice and Impacts of Innovative International Food Assistance Instruments," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 1-8.
More about this item
Keywordsfood security; policy; Zambia; Africa; food aid; Crop Production/Industries; Q18;
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:midcwp:54486. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/damsuus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.