Using Pseudo‐Panels To Measure Income Mobility In Latin America
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Hugo Ñopo & Giorgina Pizzolitto & José Cuesta, 2007. "Using Pseudo-Panels to Measure Income Mobility in Latin America," Research Department Publications 4557, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Cuesta, Jose & Nopo, Hugo R. & Pizzolitto, Georgina, 2011. "Using Pseudo-Panels to Measure Income Mobility in Latin America," IZA Discussion Papers 5449, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Verbeek, Marno & Vella, Francis, 2005.
"Estimating dynamic models from repeated cross-sections,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 127(1), pages 83-102, July.
- Verbeek, M.J.C.M. & Vella, F., 2000. "Estimating Dynamic Models from Repeated Cross-Sections," Discussion Paper 2000-25, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Verbeek, M.J.C.M. & Vella, F., 2002. "Estimating dynamic models from repeated cross-sections," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2002-05, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Ana Corbacho & Mercedes Garcia-Escribano & Gabriela Inchauste, 2007.
"Argentina: Macroeconomic Crisis and Household Vulnerability ,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 92-106, February.
- Gabriela Inchauste & Ana Corbacho & Mercedes Garcia-Escribano, 2003. "Argentina; Macroeconomic Crisis and Household Vulnerability," IMF Working Papers 03/89, International Monetary Fund.
- Jaime Saavedra-Chanduví & José R. Molinas & Ricardo Paes de Barros & Francisco H. G. Ferreira, 2009.
"Measuring Inequality of Opportunities in Latin America and the Caribbean,"
IDB Publications (Books),
Inter-American Development Bank, number 361, August.
- Ricardo Paes de Barros & Francisco H.G. Ferreira & Jose R. Molinas Vega & Jaime Saavedra Chanduvi, 2009. "Measuring Inequality of Opportunities in Latin America and the Caribbean," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2580, March.
- Lillard, Lee A & Willis, Robert J, 1978. "Dynamic Aspects of Earning Mobility," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(5), pages 985-1012, September.
- Moffitt, Robert, 1993. "Identification and estimation of dynamic models with a time series of repeated cross-sections," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1-2), pages 99-123, September.
- Christopher Scott, 2000. "Mixed fortunes: A study of poverty mobility among small farm households in Chile, 1968-86," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 155-180.
- Cristóbal Huneeus & Andrea Repetto, 2005.
"The Dynamics of Earnings in Chile,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Jorge Restrepo & Andrea Tokman R. & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Series Edi (ed.), Labor Markets and Institutions, edition 1, volume 8, chapter 12, pages 383-410
Central Bank of Chile.
- Cristóbal Huneeus & Andrea Repetto, 2004. "The Dynamics of Earnings in Chile," Documentos de Trabajo 183, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Andrea Repetto & Cristobal Huneeus, 2004. "The Dynamics of Earnings in Chile," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 251, Econometric Society.
- Denis Cogneau & Jérémie Gignoux, 2005.
"Earnings Inequalities and Educational Mobility in Brazil over Two Decades,"
Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers
121, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Denis Cogneau & Jérémie Gignoux, 2005. "Earnings inequalities and educational mobility in Brazil over two decades," Working Papers DT/2005/03, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Peter Gottschalk, 1997. "Inequality, Income Growth, and Mobility: The Basic Facts," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(2), pages 21-40, Spring.
- Francisca Antman & David J. McKenzie, 2007.
"Earnings Mobility and Measurement Error: A Pseudo-Panel Approach,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 56, pages 125-161.
- Antman, Francisca & McKenzie, David J., 2005. "Earnings mobility and measurement error : a pseudo-panel approach," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3745, The World Bank.
- Browning, Martin & Deaton, Angus & Irish, Margaret, 1985. "A Profitable Approach to Labor Supply and Commodity Demands over the Life-Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(3), pages 503-543, May.
- Branko Milanovic, 2005.
"Global Income Inequality: What It Is And Why It Matters?,"
0512001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Milanovic, Branko, 2006. "Global income inequality : what it is and why it matters," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3865, The World Bank.
- Branko Milanovic, 2006. "Global Income Inequality: What It Is And Why It Matters?," Working Papers 26, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Deaton, Angus, 1985. "Panel data from time series of cross-sections," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 109-126.
- Girma, Sourafel, 2000. "A quasi-differencing approach to dynamic modelling from a time series of independent cross-sections," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 365-383, October.
- François Bourguignon & Francisco H. G. Ferreira & Marta Menéndez, 2007.
"Inequality Of Opportunity In Brazil,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 53(4), pages 585-618, December.
- Francois Bourguignon & Francisco H.B. Ferreira & Marta Menéndez, 2005. "Inequality of Opportunity in Brazil," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 133, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- François Bourguignon & Francisco H. G. Ferreira & Marta Menéndez, 2007. "Inequality of opportunity in Brazil," Post-Print halshs-00754189, HAL.
- Bourguignon, Francois & Goh, Chor-ching & Kim, Dae Il, 2004. "Estimating individual vulnerability to poverty with pseudo-panel data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3375, The World Bank.
- Facundo Albornoz & Marta Menéndez, 2007. "Income Dynamics in Argentina During the 1990’s: ‘Mobiles’ Did Change Over Time," Económica, Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, vol. 0(1-2), pages 21-52, January-D.
- McKenzie, D.J.David J., 2004. "Asymptotic theory for heterogeneous dynamic pseudo-panels," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 235-262, June.
- Alejandro Gaviria, 2006. "Movilidad Social Y Preferencias Por Redistribución En América Latina," Documentos CEDE 003261, Universidad de los Andes - CEDE.
- Michael Grimm, 2007.
"Removing the anonymity axiom in assessing pro-poor growth,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 5(2), pages 179-197, August.
- Michael Grimm, 2005. "Removing the anonymity axiom in assessing pro-poor growth," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 113, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Dolores Collado, M., 1997. "Estimating dynamic models from time series of independent cross-sections," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 37-62.
- Fields, Gary S & Ok, Efe A, 1999. "Measuring Movement of Incomes," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 66(264), pages 455-471, November.
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua, 2003. "Measuring pro-poor growth," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 93-99, January.
- Cuesta, Jose, 2006. "The distributive consequuences of machismo: A simulation analysis of intrahousehold allocation," MPRA Paper 11243, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- D3 - Microeconomics - - Distribution
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:revinw:v:57:y:2011:i:2:p:224-246. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iariwea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.