Movers and stayers in the farming sector: accounting for unobserved heterogeneity in structural change
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Legrand D. F. Saint-Cyr & Laurent Piet, 2017. "Movers and stayers in the farming sector: accounting for unobserved heterogeneity in structural change," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 66(4), pages 777-795, August.
- Saint-Cyr, Legrand D.F. & Piet, Laurent, 2015. "Movers and Stayers in the Farming Sector: Accounting for Unobserved Heterogeneity in Structural Change," 89th Annual Conference, April 13-15, 2015, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 204234, Agricultural Economics Society.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrea Zimmermann & Thomas Heckelei, 2012.
"Structural Change of European Dairy Farms – A Cross-Regional Analysis,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(3), pages 576-603, September.
- Zimmermann, Andrea & Heckelei, Thomas, 2010. "Structural change of European dairy farms - A cross-regional analysis," 114th Seminar, April 15-16, 2010, Berlin, Germany 61090, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Zimmermann, Andrea & Heckelei, Thomas, 2010. "Structural Change of European Dairy Farms- A Cross-Regional Analysis," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61006, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Stokes, Jeffrey R., 2006.
"Entry, Exit, and Structural Change in Pennsylvania's Dairy Sector,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(02), pages 357-373, October.
- Stokes, Jeffrey R., 2006. "Entry, Exit, and Structural Change in Pennsylvania's Dairy Sector," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-17, October.
- Hugo Storm & Thomas Heckelei & Ron C. Mittelhammer, 2016.
"Bayesian estimation of non-stationary Markov models combining micro and macro data,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 43(2), pages 303-329.
- Storm, Hugo & Heckelei, Thomas, 2011. "Bayesian estimation of non-stationary Markov models combining micro and macro data," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103645, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Storm, Hugo & Heckelei, Thomas & Mittelhammer, Ron C., 2014. "Bayesian Estimation of Non-Stationary Markov Models Combining Micro and Macro Data," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 186376, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Storm, Hugo & Heckelei, Thomas & Mittelhammer, Ron, 2011. "Bayesian estimation of non-stationary Markov models combining micro and macro data," Discussion Papers 162894, University of Bonn, Institute for Food and Resource Economics.
- Frydman, Halina & Schuermann, Til, 2008. "Credit rating dynamics and Markov mixture models," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1062-1075, June.
- Jafry, Yusuf & Schuermann, Til, 2004. "Measurement, estimation and comparison of credit migration matrices," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 2603-2639, November.
- Karantininis, Kostas, 2002.
"Information-based estimators for the non-stationary transition probability matrix: an application to the Danish pork industry,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 107(1-2), pages 275-290, March.
- Karantininis, Kostas, 2001. "Information Based Estimators for the Non-Stationary Transition Probability Matrix: An Application to the Danish Pork Industry," Unit of Economics Working Papers 24198, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Food and Resource Economic Institute.
- M. C. Hallberg, 1969. "Projecting the Size Distribution of Agricultural Firms—An Application of a Markov Process with Non-Stationary Transition Probabilities," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 51(2), pages 289-302.
- Christoph R. Weiss, 1999. "Farm Growth and Survival: Econometric Evidence for Individual Farms in Upper Austria," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(1), pages 103-116.
- Piet, Laurent, 2011. "Assessing structural change in agriculture with a parametric Markov chain model. Illustrative applications to EU-15 and the USA," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114668, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Halina Frydman & Jarl G. Kallberg & Duen-Li Kao, 1985. "Testing the Adequacy of Markov Chain and Mover-Stayer Models as Representations of Credit Behavior," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 33(6), pages 1203-1214, December.
- T. C. Lee & G. G. Judge & T. Takayama, 1965. "On Estimating the Transition Probabilities of a Markov Process," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 47(3), pages 742-762.
- Denis Fougère & Thierry Kamionka, 2003.
"Bayesian inference for the mover-stayer model in continuous time with an application to labour market transition data,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(6), pages 697-723.
- Denis Fougère & Thierry Kamionka, 2002. "Bayesian Inference for the Mover-Stayer Model in Continuous Time with an Application to Labour Market Transition Data," Working Papers 2002-23, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Timothy M. Morgan & Carol S. Aneshensel & Virginia A. Clark, 1983. "Parameter Estimation for Mover-Stayer Models," Sociological Methods & Research, , vol. 11(3), pages 345-366, February.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1976. "Income Mobility and the Markov Assumption," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 86(343), pages 566-578, September.
- repec:ags:nareaj:159470 is not listed on IDEAS
- MacRae, Elizabeth Chase, 1977. "Estimation of Time-Varying Markov Processes with Aggregate Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(1), pages 183-198, January.
- Stavins, R. N. & Stanton, B. F., 1980. "Alternative Procedures For Estimating The Size Distribution Of Farms," Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-6, October.
- Frydman, Halina, 2005. "Estimation in the Mixture of Markov Chains Moving With Different Speeds," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 1046-1053, September.
- Jayasri Dutta & J. A. Sefton & M. R. WEALE, 2001.
"Income distribution and income dynamics in the United Kingdom,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(5), pages 599-617.
- Dr Martin Weale, 1997. "Income distribution and income dynamics in the United Kingdom," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 116, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Silke Huettel & Roel Jongeneel, 2011. "How has the EU milk quota affected patterns of herd-size change?," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 38(4), pages 497-527, October.
- Jean-Pierre Butault & Nathalie Delame, 2005. "Concentration de la production agricole et croissance des exploitations," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 390(1), pages 47-64.
- Bickenbach, Frank & Bode, Eckhardt, 2001. "Markov or not Markov - this should be a question," Kiel Working Papers 1086, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Laurent, Piet & Legrand D.F. Saint-Cyr, 2016. "Projection de la population des exploitations agricoles françaises à l’horizon 2025," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 16-11, INRA UMR SMART-LERECO.
More about this item
Keywordsstructural change; unobserved heterogeneity; arkov chain mover-stayer model; em algorithm;
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- D92 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Intertemporal Firm Choice, Investment, Capacity, and Financing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rae:wpaper:201506. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christine Mesquida). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inrarfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.