Movers and stayers in the farming sector: accounting for unobserved heterogeneity in structural change
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Legrand D. F. Saint-Cyr & Laurent Piet, 2017. "Movers and stayers in the farming sector: accounting for unobserved heterogeneity in structural change," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 66(4), pages 777-795, August.
- Saint-Cyr, Legrand D.F. & Piet, Laurent, 2015. "Movers and Stayers in the Farming Sector: Accounting for Unobserved Heterogeneity in Structural Change," 89th Annual Conference, April 13-15, 2015, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 204234, Agricultural Economics Society.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrea Zimmermann & Thomas Heckelei, 2012.
"Structural Change of European Dairy Farms – A Cross-Regional Analysis,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(3), pages 576-603, September.
- Zimmermann, Andrea & Heckelei, Thomas, 2010. "Structural change of European dairy farms - A cross-regional analysis," 114th Seminar, April 15-16, 2010, Berlin, Germany 61090, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Zimmermann, Andrea & Heckelei, Thomas, 2010. "Structural Change of European Dairy Farms- A Cross-Regional Analysis," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61006, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Hugo Storm & Thomas Heckelei & Ron C. Mittelhammer, 2016.
"Bayesian estimation of non-stationary Markov models combining micro and macro data,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, pages 303-329.
- Storm, Hugo & Heckelei, Thomas & Mittelhammer, Ron, 2011. "Bayesian estimation of non-stationary Markov models combining micro and macro data," Discussion Papers 162894, University of Bonn, Institute for Food and Resource Economics.
- Storm, Hugo & Heckelei, Thomas & Mittelhammer, Ron C., 2014. "Bayesian Estimation of Non-Stationary Markov Models Combining Micro and Macro Data," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 186376, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Storm, Hugo & Heckelei, Thomas, 2011. "Bayesian estimation of non-stationary Markov models combining micro and macro data," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103645, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Frydman, Halina & Schuermann, Til, 2008. "Credit rating dynamics and Markov mixture models," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1062-1075, June.
- Karantininis, Kostas, 2002.
"Information-based estimators for the non-stationary transition probability matrix: an application to the Danish pork industry,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, pages 275-290.
- Karantininis, Kostas, 2001. "Information Based Estimators for the Non-Stationary Transition Probability Matrix: An Application to the Danish Pork Industry," Unit of Economics Working papers 24198, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Food and Resource Economic Institute.
- M. C. Hallberg, 1969. "Projecting the Size Distribution of Agricultural Firms—An Application of a Markov Process with Non-Stationary Transition Probabilities," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 51(2), pages 289-302.
- Christoph R. Weiss, 1999. "Farm Growth and Survival: Econometric Evidence for Individual Farms in Upper Austria," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(1), pages 103-116.
- Piet, Laurent, 2011. "Assessing structural change in agriculture with a parametric Markov chain model. Illustrative applications to EU-15 and the USA," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114668, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- T. C. Lee & G. G. Judge & T. Takayama, 1965. "On Estimating the Transition Probabilities of a Markov Process," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 47(3), pages 742-762.
- Denis Fougère & Thierry Kamionka, 2003.
"Bayesian inference for the mover-stayer model in continuous time with an application to labour market transition data,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(6), pages 697-723.
- Denis Fougère & Thierry Kamionka, 2002. "Bayesian Inference for the Mover-Stayer Model in Continuous Time with an Application to Labour Market Transition Data," Working Papers 2002-23, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- MacRae, Elizabeth Chase, 1977. "Estimation of Time-Varying Markov Processes with Aggregate Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(1), pages 183-198, January.
- Stavins, R. N. & Stanton, B. F., 1980. "Alternative Procedures For Estimating The Size Distribution Of Farms," Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 9(2:), October.
- Frydman, Halina, 2005. "Estimation in the Mixture of Markov Chains Moving With Different Speeds," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 1046-1053, September.
- Silke Huettel & Roel Jongeneel, 2011. "How has the EU milk quota affected patterns of herd-size change?," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 38(4), pages 497-527, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Laurent, Piet & Legrand D.F. Saint-Cyr, 2016. "Projection de la population des exploitations agricoles françaises à l’horizon 2025," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 16-11, INRA UMR SMART-LERECO.
More about this item
Keywordsstructural change; unobserved heterogeneity; arkov chain mover-stayer model; em algorithm;
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- D92 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Intertemporal Firm Choice, Investment, Capacity, and Financing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rae:wpaper:201506. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christine Mesquida). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inrarfr.html .