Gender Gap and Trade Liberalization: An Analysis of some selected SAARC countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Audi, Marc & Ali, Amjad, 2017. "Gender Gap and Trade Liberalization: An Analysis of some selected SAARC countries," MPRA Paper 83485, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Audi, Marc & Ali, Amjad, 2018. "Gender Gap and Trade Liberalization: An Analysis of some selected SAARC countries," MPRA Paper 90191, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2018.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ahmed, Naeem & Hyder, Kalim, 2006. "Gender Inequality and Trade Liberalization: A Case Study of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 16252, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Oct 2006.
- Fatma El-Hamidi, 2008. "Trade Liberalization, Gender Segmentation, and Wage Discrimination: Evidence from Egypt," Working Papers 414, Economic Research Forum, revised 06 Jan 2008.
- Ismaël Fofana & John Cockburn & Bernard Decaluwé, 2005. "Developing Country Superwomen: Impacts of Trade Liberalisation on Female Market and Domestic Work," Cahiers de recherche 0519, CIRPEE.
- Becker, Gary S., 1971. "The Economics of Discrimination," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 2, number 9780226041162, Winter.
- Janneke Pieters, 2018. "Trade liberalization and gender inequality," IZA World of Labor, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA), pages 1-11, October.
- van Staveren, I.P., 2005. "Five methodological approaches for research on gender and trade impacts," ISS Working Papers - General Series 19176, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Fontana, Marzia & Wood, Adrian, 2000. "Modeling the Effects of Trade on Women, at Work and at Home," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1173-1190, July.
- Galor, Oded & Weil, David N, 1996.
"The Gender Gap, Fertility, and Growth,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 374-387, June.
- Oded Galor & David N. Weil, 1993. "The Gender Gap, Fertility and Growth," Working Papers 1993-12, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Oded Galor & David N. Weil, 1993. "The Gender Gap, Fertility, and Growth," NBER Working Papers 4550, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Galor, Oded & Weil, David, 1995. "The Gender Gap, Fertility and Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 1157, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rizwana Siddiqui, 2009. "Modeling Gender Effects of Pakistan's Trade Liberalization," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 287-321.
- Matthias Busse & Christian Spielmann, 2006.
"Gender Inequality and Trade,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(3), pages 362-379, August.
- Busse, Matthias & Spielmann, Christian, 2004. "Gender Inequality and Trade," HWWA Discussion Papers 308, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Busse, Matthias & Spielmann, Christian, 2005. "Gender Inequality and Trade," Discussion Paper Series 26218, Hamburg Institute of International Economics.
- Spielmann, Christian & Busse, Matthias, 2005. "Gender Inequality and Trade," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Kiel 2005 8, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Lagerlof, Nils-Petter, 2003. "Gender Equality and Long-Run Growth," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 403-426, December.
- Ernesto Aguayo-Tellez & Jim Airola & Chinhui Juhn & Carolina Villegas-Sanchez, 2014.
"Did Trade Liberalization Help Women? the Case of Mexico in the 1990s,"
Research in Labor Economics, in: Solomon W. Polachek & Konstantinos Tatsiramos (ed.), New Analyses of Worker Well-Being, volume 38, pages 1-35,
Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- Ernesto Aguayo-Tellez & Jim Airola & Chinhui Juhn, 2010. "Did Trade Liberalization Help Women? The Case of Mexico in the 1990s," NBER Working Papers 16195, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jane Korinek, 2005. "Trade and Gender: Issues and Interactions," OECD Trade Policy Papers 24, OECD Publishing.
- repec:iza:izawol:journl:y:2014:p:87 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephanie Seguino & Caren Grown, 2006.
"Gender equity and globalization: macroeconomic policy for developing countries,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(8), pages 1081-1104.
- Seguino, Stephanie & Grown, Caren, 2006. "Gender equity and globalization: Macroeconomic policy for developing countries," MPRA Paper 6540, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Silvio Contessi & Francesca de Nicola & Li Li, 2014.
"International trade, female labor and entrepreneurship in MENA countries,"
Chapters, in: Carlo Altomonte & Massimiliano Ferrara (ed.), The Economic and Political Aftermath of the Arab Spring, chapter 4, pages 106-140,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Silvio Contessi & Li Li & Nicola, Francesca de, 2013. "International trade, female labor, and entrepreneurship in MENA countries," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 89-114.
- Silvio Contessi & Li Li & Francesca de Nicola, 2012. "International trade, female labor, and entrepreneurship in MENA countries," Working Papers 2012-053, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- M. Anne Hill & Elizabeth King, 1995. "Women's education and economic well-being," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 21-46.
- Gaddis, Isis & Pieters, Janneke, 2012. "Trade Liberalization and Female Labor Force Participation: Evidence from Brazil," IZA Discussion Papers 6809, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Stephan Klasen & Francesca Lamanna, 2009. "The Impact of Gender Inequality in Education and Employment on Economic Growth: New Evidence for a Panel of Countries," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 91-132.
- Philip Sauré & Hosny Zoabi, 2009.
"Effects of Trade on Female Labor Force Participation,"
2009-12, Swiss National Bank.
- Hosny Zoabi & Philip Saure, 2010. "Effects of Trade on Female Labor Force Participation," DEGIT Conference Papers c015_015, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Saure, Philip & Zoabi, Hosny, 2010. "Effects of Trade on Female Labor Force Participation," Foerder Institute for Economic Research Working Papers 275733, Tel-Aviv University > Foerder Institute for Economic Research.
- Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C., 2002. "Globalization and Employment: The Impact of Trade on Employment Level and Structure in the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2002-04, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Tzannatos, Zafiris, 1998. "Women and labor market changes in the global economy : growth helps, inequalities hurt, and public policy matters," Social Protection Discussion Papers and Notes 20051, The World Bank.
- Sher Verick, 2014. "Female labor force participation in developing countries," IZA World of Labor, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA), pages 1-87, September.
- Stephanie Seguino, 2000. "Accounting for Gender in Asian Economic Growth," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 27-58.
- Chinhui Juhn & Gergely Ujhelyi & Carolina Villegas-Sanchez, 2013. "Trade Liberalization and Gender Inequality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(3), pages 269-273, May.
- Gunseli Berik & Yana van der Meulen Rodgers & Stephanie Seguino, 2009. "Feminist Economics of Inequality, Development, and Growth," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 1-33.
More about this item
Keywordsgender gap; trade liberaliztion;
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
- O24 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Trade Policy; Factor Movement; Foreign Exchange Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-INT-2018-01-22 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:83520. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.