Globalized markets, globalized information, and female employment: accounting for regional differences in 30 OECD countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Justina A.V. Fischer, 2015. "Globalized Markets, Globalized Information, and Female Employment: Accounting for Regional Differences in 30 OECD Countries," AIEL Series in Labour Economics,in: Chiara Mussida & Francesco Pastore (ed.), Geographical Labor Market Imbalances. Recent Explanations and Cures, edition 1, chapter 13, pages Universit AIEL - Associazione Italiana Economisti del Lavoro.
References listed on IDEAS
- Felbermayr, Gabriel & Prat, Julien & Schmerer, Hans-Jörg, 2011.
"Trade and unemployment: What do the data say?,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 55(6), pages 741-758, August.
- Gabriel J Felbermayr & Julien Prat & Hans-Jörg Schmerer, 2009. "Trade and Unemployment: What do the data say?," Diskussionspapiere aus dem Institut für Volkswirtschaftslehre der Universität Hohenheim 310/2009, Department of Economics, University of Hohenheim, Germany.
- Felbermayr, Gabriel & Prat, Julien & Schmerer, Hans-Jörg, 2011. "Trade and unemployment: What do the data say?," Munich Reprints in Economics 20381, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Felbermayr, Gabriel & Prat, Julien & Schmerer, Hans-Jörg, 2009. "Trade and Unemployment: What Do the Data Say?," IZA Discussion Papers 4184, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Justina A.V. Fischer & Frank Somogyi, 2009.
"Globalization and Protection of Employment,"
KOF Working papers
09-238, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Fischer, Justina A.V., 2012. "Globalization and Protection of Employment," Papers 435, World Trade Institute.
- Fischer, Justina A.V. & Somogyi, Frank, 2012. "Globalization and protection of employment," MPRA Paper 39426, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fischer, Justina AV & Somogyi, Frank, 2009. "Globalization and Protection of Employment," MPRA Paper 17535, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ozler, Sule, 2000. "Export Orientation and Female Share of Employment: Evidence from Turkey," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1239-1248, July.
- Anna Maria Ferragina & Francesco Pastore, 2008. "Mind The Gap: Unemployment In The New Eu Regions," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 73-113, February.
- Potrafke, Niklas, 2013.
"Globalization and labor market institutions: International empirical evidence,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 829-842.
- Potrafke, Niklas, 2013. "Globalization and labor market institutions: International empirical evidence," Munich Reprints in Economics 19288, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Niklas Potrafke, 2013. "Globalization and Labor Market Institutions: International Empirical Evidence," ifo Working Paper Series 154, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Gaddis, Isis & Pieters, Janneke, 2012. "Trade Liberalization and Female Labor Force Participation: Evidence from Brazil," IZA Discussion Papers 6809, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pastore, Francesco & Tenaglia, Simona, 2013. "Ora et non Labora? A Test of the Impact of Religion on Female Labor Supply," IZA Discussion Papers 7356, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ada Ferrer-i-Carbonell & Paul Frijters, 2004.
"How Important is Methodology for the estimates of the determinants of Happiness?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(497), pages 641-659, July.
- Ada Ferrer-i-Carbonell & Paul Frijters, 2002. "How important is Methodology for the Estimates of the Determinants of Happiness?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 02-024/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Philip Sauré & Hosny Zoabi, 2009.
"Effects of Trade on Female Labor Force Participation,"
2009-12, Swiss National Bank.
- Hosny Zoabi & Philip Saure, 2010. "Effects of Trade on Female Labor Force Participation," DEGIT Conference Papers c015_015, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Berggren, Niclas & Nilsson, Therese, 2015.
"Globalization and the transmission of social values: The case of tolerance,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 371-389.
- Berggren, Niclas & Nilsson, Therese, 2014. "Globalization and the Transmission of Social Values: The Case of Tolerance," Working Paper Series 1007, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Matthias Busse & Christian Spielmann, 2006.
"Gender Inequality and Trade,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(3), pages 362-379, August.
- Busse, Matthias & Spielmann, Christian, 2004. "Gender Inequality and Trade," HWWA Discussion Papers 308, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Spielmann, Christian & Busse, Matthias, 2005. "Gender Inequality and Trade," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Kiel 2005 8, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Niklas Potrafke, 2015. "The Evidence on Globalisation," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(3), pages 509-552, March.
- Ernesto Aguayo-Tellez & Jim Airola & Chinhui Juhn & Carolina Villegas-Sanchez, 2014.
"Did Trade Liberalization Help Women? the Case of Mexico in the 1990s,"
Research in Labor Economics,in: New Analyses of Worker Well-Being, volume 38, pages 1-35
Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- Ernesto Aguayo-Tellez & Jim Airola & Chinhui Juhn, 2010. "Did Trade Liberalization Help Women? The Case of Mexico in the 1990s," NBER Working Papers 16195, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaivan Munshi & Mark Rosenzweig, 2006. "Traditional Institutions Meet the Modern World: Caste, Gender, and Schooling Choice in a Globalizing Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(4), pages 1225-1252, September.
- NilÃ¼fer Ã‡aÄŸatay & GÃ¼nseli Berik, 1990. "Transition to Export-Led Growth in Turkey: Is There a Feminization of Employment?," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 22(1), pages 115-134, March.
More about this item
KeywordsGlobalization; economic integration; labor market; employment; regions; social norms; communication; discrimination; gender; World Values Survey;
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F16 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Labor Market Interactions
- F61 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization - - - Microeconomic Impacts
- F66 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization - - - Labor
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2014-04-18 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-LAB-2014-04-18 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:55142. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .