Export Processing Zone Expansion in an African Country: What are the Labor Market and Gender Impacts?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Schultz, T., 2002.
"Why Governments Should Invest More to Educate Girls,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 207-225, February.
- T. Paul Schultz, 2001. "Why Governments Should Invest More to Educate Girls," Working Papers 836, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Jean-Pierre Cling & Mireille Razafindrakoto & François Roubaud, 2004. "Export Processing Zones in Madagascar : an Endangered Success Story," Working Papers DT/2004/02, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Nicita, Alessandro & Razzaz, Susan, 2003. "Who benefits and how much? : how gender affects welfare impacts of a booming textile industry," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3029, The World Bank.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1983. "Generalized Econometric Models with Selectivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 507-512, March.
- Jean-Pierre Cling & Gaëlle Letilly, 2001. "Export processing zones : A threatened instrument for global economy insertion ?," Working Papers DT/2001/17, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Knight, J B & Sabot, R H & Hovey, D C, 1992. "Is the Rate of Return on Primary Schooling Really 26 Per Cent?," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 1(2), pages 192-205, August.
- International Monetary Fund, 2003. "Madagascar; Selected Issues and Statistical Appendix," IMF Staff Country Reports 03/7, International Monetary Fund.
- Appleton, Simon & Hoddinott, John & Knight, John, 1996. "Primary Education as an Input into Post-primary Education: A Neglected Benefit," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 58(1), pages 211-219, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cling, Jean-Pierre & Razafindrakoto, Mireille & Roubaud, Francois, 2005. "Export processing zones in Madagascar: a success story under threat?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 785-803, May.
- Jean-Pierre Lachaud, 2010.
"Dynamique des profits des micro-entreprises urbaines et genre à Madagascar. Une approche de régressions quantiles,"
Documents de travail
151, Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV.
- Jean-Pierre Lachaud, 2010. "Dynamique des profits des micro-entreprises urbaines et genre à Madagascar. Une approche de régressions quantiles," Working Papers hal-00616788, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsMadagascar; Zone Franche; discrimination salariale; genre; Export Processing Zone; Wage gap; Gender;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dia:wpaper:dt200415. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Loic Le Pezennec). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diallfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.