Impact of Special Economic Zones on Employment, Poverty and Human Development
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Aradhna Aggarwal, 2007. "Impact of Special Economic Zones on Employment, Poverty and Human Development," Development Economics Working Papers 22140, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- A. Aggarwal, 2002.
"Liberalisation, Multinational Enterprises and Export Performance: Evidence from Indian Manufacturing,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(3), pages 119-137.
- Aradhna Aggarwal, 2007. "Liberalisation, Multinational Enterprises and Export Performance: Evidence from Indian Manufacturing," Working Papers id:993, eSocialSciences.
- Bhattacharya, Debapriya., 1998. "Export processing zones in Bangladesh : economic impact and social issues," ILO Working Papers 993276923402676, International Labour Organization.
- Takayoshi Kusago & Tzannatos, Zafiris, 1998. "Export processing zones : a review in need of update," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 20046, The World Bank.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:304973 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert J. Rolfe & Douglas P. Woodward & Bernard Kagira, 2004. "Footloose And Tax Free: Incentive Preferences In Kenyan Export Processing Zones," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 72(4), pages 784-807, September.
- Jean-Pierre Cling & Gaëlle Letilly, 2001. "Export processing zones : A threatened instrument for global economy insertion ?," Working Papers DT/2001/17, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Willmore, Larry, 1997. "Export promotion policies in Central America," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
- Lemoine, Francoise & Unal-Kesenci, Deniz, 2004. "Assembly Trade and Technology Transfer: The Case of China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 829-850, May.
- Brent Boning & Casey Ichniowski & Kathryn Shaw, 2007.
"Opportunity Counts: Teams and the Effectiveness of Production Incentives,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 25, pages 613-650.
- Brent Boning & Casey Ichniowski & Kathryn Shaw, 2001. "Opportunity Counts: Teams and the Effectiveness of Production Incentives," NBER Working Papers 8306, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Enrique Blanco de Armas & Mustapha Sadni Jallab, 2002. "A Review of the Role and Impact of Export Processing Zones in World Trade : the Case of Mexico," Post-Print halshs-00178444, HAL.
- Johansson, Helena & Nilsson, Lars, 1997. "Export processing zones as catalysts," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 2115-2128, December.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:297464 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kreye O. & Heinrichs J. & Frobel F., 1987. "Export processing zones in developing countries : results of a new survey," ILO Working Papers 992510953402676, International Labour Organization.
- Sivalingam, G., 1994. "The Economic and social impact of export processing zones : the case of Malaysia," ILO Working Papers 993049733402676, International Labour Organization.
- Willmore, Larry, 1995. "Export processing zones in the Dominican Republic: A comment on Kaplinsky," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 529-535, March.
- Abeywardene J. & De Alwis R. & Jayasena A. & Jayaweera S., 1994. "Export processing zones in Sri Lanka : economic impact and social issues," ILO Working Papers 993051693402676, International Labour Organization.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:327692 is not listed on IDEAS
- Madani, Dorsati, 1999. "A review of the role and impact of export processing zones," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2238, The World Bank.
- Maskus, Keith E., 1997. "Should core labor standards be imposed through international trade policy?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1817, The World Bank.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4582 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Triyakshana Seshadri & Virgil Storr, 2010. "Knowledge problems associated with creating export zones," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 23(4), pages 347-366, December.
- Zheng, Guo & Barbieri, Elisa & Di Tommaso, Marco R. & Zhang, Lei, 2016. "Development zones and local economic growth: zooming in on the Chinese case," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 238-249.
- Anwar Mohammad Amir, 2014. "New modes of industrial manufacturing: India’s experience with special economic zones," Bulletin of Geography. Socio-economic Series, De Gruyter Open, vol. 24(24), pages 1-19, June.
- Farrukh Nawaz Kayani & Saquib Yusaf Janjua & Babar Wasim, 2013. "Myths and Realities of Innovative China the Case of Haier Company," Business and Economic Research, Macrothink Institute, vol. 3(2), pages 107-114, December.
- Agnieszka Konopelko, 2013. "Suwalki Special Economic Zone as an example of co-operation of local government and business for regional development," Ekonomia i Prawo, Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika, vol. 12(1), pages 139-150, March.
- World Bank, 2010. "Mauritania - Policy Options to Enhance Private Sector Development : Country Economic Memorandum," World Bank Other Operational Studies 2858, The World Bank.
- Preet Rustagi & Dev Nathan & Amrita Datta, 2015. "Women and Work in South Asia: Changes and Challenges," Working Papers id:6908, eSocialSciences.
- Marta Castilho & Marta Menéndez & Aude Sztulman, 2015.
"Poverty and Inequality Dynamics in Manaus: Legacy of a Free Trade Zone?,"
- Marta Castilho & Marta Menendez & Aude Sztulman, 2015. "Poverty and Inequality Dynamics in Manaus: Legacy of a Free Trade Zone ?," Working Papers DT/2015/18, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Elisa Barbieri & Chiara Pollio, 2015. "Industrial Development and manufacturing in Chinese territories: the contribution of special economic enclaves policies," Working Papers 1501, c.MET-05 - Centro Interuniversitario di Economia Applicata alle Politiche per L'industria, lo Sviluppo locale e l'Internazionalizzazione, revised Jan 2015.
More about this item
KeywordsSpecial Economic Zones; Human Development; Employment; Poverty; Skill Formation; Technology Transfers; Local R&D;
- F16 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Labor Market Interactions
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J32 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Nonwage Labor Costs and Benefits; Retirement Plans; Private Pensions
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:1111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .