What Happens When Relative Costs Increase in Export Processing Zones? Technology, Regional Production Networks, and Mexico's Maquiladoras
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Buitelaar, Rudolf M. & Perez, Ramon Padilla, 2000. "Maquila, Economic Reform and Corporate Strategies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 1627-1642, September.
- Johansson, Helena & Nilsson, Lars, 1997. "Export processing zones as catalysts," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 2115-2128, December.
- Kaplinsky, Raphael, 1993. "Export Processing Zones in the Dominican Republic: Transforming manufactures into commodities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(11), pages 1851-1865, November.
- Thomas Fullerton & David Schauer, 2001.
"Short-run maquiladora employment dynamics,"
International Advances in Economic Research,
International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 7(4), pages 471-478, November.
- Willmore, Larry, 1995. "Export processing zones in the Dominican Republic: A comment on Kaplinsky," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 529-535, March.
- Sargent, John & Matthews, Linda, 1997. "Skill development and integrated manufacturing in Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(10), pages 1669-1681, October.
- Sargent, John & Matthews, Linda, 2003. "Boom and bust: Is it the end of Mexico's maquiladoras?," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 57-64.
- Bair, Jennifer & Gereffi, Gary, 2001. "Local Clusters in Global Chains: The Causes and Consequences of Export Dynamism in Torreon's Blue Jeans Industry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 1885-1903, November.
- Sargent, John & Matthews, Linda, 2001. "Combining Export Processing Zones and Regional Free Trade Agreements: Lessons From the Mexican Experience," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 1739-1752, October.
- William C. Gruben, 2001. "Was NAFTA behind Mexico's high maquiladora growth?," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q III, pages 11-21.
- Ver Beek, Kurt Alan, 2001. "Maquiladoras: Exploitation or Emancipation? An Overview of the Situation of Maquiladora Workers in Honduras," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1553-1567, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:32:y:2004:i:12:p:2015-2030. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.