Export processing zones as catalysts
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alan Deardorff, 1998.
"Determinants of Bilateral Trade: Does Gravity Work in a Neoclassical World?,"
in: The Regionalization of the World Economy, pages 7-32
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan V. Deardorff, 1995. "Determinants of Bilateral Trade: Does Gravity Work in a Neoclassical World?," NBER Working Papers 5377, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deardorff, A.V., 1995. "Determinants of Bilateral Trade : Does Gravity Work in a Neoclassical World?," Papers 95-05, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Young, Leslie, 1987. "Intermediate goods and the formation of duty-free zones," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 369-384, April.
- Kaplinsky, Raphael, 1995. "A reply to Willmore," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 537-540, March.
- Hamada, Koichi, 1974. "An economic analysis of the duty-free zone," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 225-241, August.
- Miyagiwa, Kaz F., 1986. "A reconsideration of the welfare economics of a free-trade zone," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3-4), pages 337-350, November.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:314610 is not listed on IDEAS
- Remedio EM., 1996. "Export processing zones in the Philippines : a review of employment, working conditions and labour relations," ILO Working Papers 993146103402676, International Labour Organization.
- Young, Leslie & Miyagiwa, Kaz F., 1987. "Unemployment and the formation of duty-free zones," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 397-405, August.
- Willmore, Larry, 1995. "Export processing zones in the Dominican Republic: A comment on Kaplinsky," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 529-535, March.
- Wang, Z.K. & Winters, L.A., 1992.
"The Trading Potential of Eastern Europe,"
92-21, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Sivalingam, G., 1994. "The Economic and social impact of export processing zones : the case of Malaysia," ILO Working Papers 993049733402676, International Labour Organization.
- Devereux, John & Chen, Lein Lein, 1995. "Export Zones and Welfare: Another Look," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(4), pages 704-713, October.
- Kaplinsky, Raphael, 1993. "Export Processing Zones in the Dominican Republic: Transforming manufactures into commodities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(11), pages 1851-1865, November.
- Greenaway, David & Nam, Chong Hyun, 1988. "Industrialisation and Macroeconomic Performance in Developing Countries under Alternative Trade Strategies," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(3), pages 419-435.
- Helleiner, G.K., 1995. "Trade, Trade Policy and Industrialization Reconsidered," Research Paper 95_61, World Institute for Development Economics Research.
- Warr, Peter G, 1989. "Export Processing Zones: The Economics of Enclave Manufacturing," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 4(1), pages 65-88, January.
- Romer, Paul, 1993. "Idea gaps and object gaps in economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 543-573, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:25:y:1997:i:12:p:2115-2128. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.