Unemployment and the formation of duty-free zones
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert J. Rolfe & Douglas P. Woodward & Bernard Kagira, 2004. "Footloose And Tax Free: Incentive Preferences In Kenyan Export Processing Zones," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 72(4), pages 784-807, September.
- Rados³aw Pastusiak & Monika Bolek & Magdalena Jasiniak & Jakub Keller, 2018. "Effectiveness of special economic zones of Poland," Zbornik radova Ekonomskog fakulteta u Rijeci/Proceedings of Rijeka Faculty of Economics, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Economics, vol. 36(1), pages 263-285.
- Helena Johansson, 1994. "The Economics of Export Processing Zones Revisited," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 12(4), pages 387-402, December.
- Manash Gupta, 1998. "Foreign capital and technology transfer in a dynamic model," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 67(1), pages 75-92, February.
- Defever, F. & Reyes, J-D., 2016.
"Does the Elimination of Export Requirements in Special Economic Zones A ect Export Performance? Evidence from the Dominican Republic,"
16/04, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Defever,Fabrice Fernand & Reyes,Jose Daniel & Riano,Alejandro & Sanchez Martin,Miguel Eduardo, 2016. "Does the elimination of export requirements in special economic zones affect export performance? evidence from the Dominican Republic," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7874, The World Bank.
- Fabrice Defever & José-Daniel Reyes & Alejandro Riaño & Miguel Eduardo Sánchez-Martín, 2016. "Does the Elimination of Export Requirements in Special Economic Zones affect Export Performance? Evidence from the Dominican Republic," Discussion Papers 2016-18, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Chee Leong, 2013. "Special economic zones and growth in China and India: an empirical investigation," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 549-567, December.
- Bandopadhyay, Titas Kumar, 2002.
"Foreign enclaves, informal sector and urban unemployment: A theoretical analysis,"
3136, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Titas Bandopadhyay, 2005. "Foreign Enclaves, Informal Sector And Urban Unemployment-A Theoretical Analysis," GE, Growth, Math methods 0511006, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cling, Jean-Pierre & Razafindrakoto, Mireille & Roubaud, Francois, 2005. "Export processing zones in Madagascar: a success story under threat?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 785-803, May.
- Kazuhiro Tetsu, 2006. "Regional development and rural-based export processing zones in developing countries," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 369-383.
- Manash Gupta, 1994. "Duty-free zone, unemployment, and welfare a note," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 59(2), pages 217-236, June.
- Facchini, Giovanni & Willmann, Gerald, 1999. "The gains from duty free zones," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 403-412, December.
- Chi-Yung Ng & John Whalley, 2004. "Geographical Extension of Free Trade Zones as Trade Liberalization: A Numerical Simulation Approach," CESifo Working Paper Series 1147, CESifo.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2007:i:20:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shigemi Yabuuchi, 1999. "Foreign direct investment, urban unemployment and welfare," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 359-371.
- Bharat Hazari & Pasquale Sgro, 1996. "Free trade zones, tariffs and the real exchange rate," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 199-217, July.
- Nathaniel Landingin & David Wadley, 2005. "Export processing zones and growth triangle development: the case of the BIMP-EAGA, Southeast Asia," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(1), pages 67-96.
- Brandt, Loren & Li, Bingjing & Morrow, Peter M., 2021. "Processing trade and costs of incomplete liberalization: The case of China," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(C).
- Matthew Grant, 2020. "Why Special Economic Zones? Using Trade Policy to Discriminate across Importers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 110(5), pages 1540-1571, May.
- Kaz Miyagiwa & Yuka Ohno, 2009.
"Multinationals, Tax Holidays, And Technology Transfer,"
The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 82-96, March.
- Kaz Miyagiwa & Yuka Ohno, 2008. "Multinationals, Tax Holidays, and Technology Transfer," ISER Discussion Paper 0717, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Rasha Nasra & M. Tina Dacin, 2010. "Institutional Arrangements and International Entrepreneurship: The State as Institutional Entrepreneur," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 34(3), pages 583-609, May.
- Kausik Gupta & Manash Gupta, 1998. "Foreign enclaves and economic development: A theoretical analysis," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 67(3), pages 317-336, October.
- Johansson, Helena & Nilsson, Lars, 1997. "Export processing zones as catalysts," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 2115-2128, December.
- Aykut Kibritcioglu, 2005. "Serbest Bolgelerin Olasi Makroekonomik Etkileri ve Dusundurdukleri (= On Possible Macroeconomic Effects of Free Zones)," International Trade 0509009, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:26:y:1987:i:2:p:397-405. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.