Does the Elimination of Export Requirements in Special Economic Zones affect Export Performance? Evidence from the Dominican Republic
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Defever,Fabrice Fernand & Reyes,Jose Daniel & Riano,Alejandro & Sanchez Martin,Miguel Eduardo, 2016. "Does the elimination of export requirements in special economic zones affect export performance? evidence from the Dominican Republic," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7874, The World Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zheng Wang & Zhihong Yu, "undated". "Trading Partners, Traded Products, and Firm Performances: Evidence from China’s Exporter-Importers," Discussion Papers 11/13, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Simon Alder & Lin Shao & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 2016.
"Economic reforms and industrial policy in a panel of Chinese cities,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 305-349, December.
- Simon Alder & Lin Shao & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 2013. "Economic reforms and industrial policy in a panel of Chinese cities," UBSCENTER - Working Papers 005, UBS International Center of Economics in Society - Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Alder, Simon & Shao, Lin & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 2013. "Economic Reforms and Industrial Policy in a Panel of Chinese Cities," CEPR Discussion Papers 9748, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hamada, Koichi, 1974. "An economic analysis of the duty-free zone," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 225-241, August.
- Elena Ianchovichina, 2007.
"Are duty drawbacks on exports worth the hassle?,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 40(3), pages 881-913, August.
- Elena IANCHOVICHINA, "undated". "Duty Drawbacks, Competitiveness and Growth: Should China Reform its Duty Drawback System?," EcoMod2004 330600069, EcoMod.
- Ianchovichina, Elena, 2005. "Duty drawbacks, competitiveness, and growth - are duty drawbacks worth the hassle?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3498, The World Bank.
- Benedikt Heid & Mario Larch & Alejandro Riaño, 2013. "The Rise of the Maquiladoras: A M ixed Blessing," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(2), pages 252-267, May.
- repec:idb:brikps:16458 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sanchez-Ancochea, Diego, 2006. "Development trajectories and new comparative advantages: Costa Rica and the Dominican Republic under Globalization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 996-1015, June.
- Kaplinsky, Raphael, 1993. "Export Processing Zones in the Dominican Republic: Transforming manufactures into commodities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(11), pages 1851-1865, November.
- Willmore, Larry, 1995. "Export processing zones in the Dominican Republic: A comment on Kaplinsky," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 529-535, March.
- Ronald B. Davies & Arman Mazhikeyev, 2015. "The Impact of Special Economic Zones on Exporting Behavior," Working Papers 201528, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Carl Davidson & Steven J. Matusz & Mordechai E. Kreinin, 1985. "Analysis of Performance Standards for Direct Foreign Investments," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 18(4), pages 876-890, November.
- Fernandes, Ana P. & Tang, Heiwai, 2012. "Determinants of vertical integration in export processing: Theory and evidence from China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 396-414.
- Thomas Farole & Gokhan Akinci, 2011. "Special Economic Zones : Progress, Emerging Challenges, and Future Directions," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2341, March.
- Christian Volpe Martincus, 2010. "Odyssey in International Markets: An Assessment of the Effectiveness of Export Promotion in Latin America and the Caribbean," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 16458, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsSpecial Economic Zones; Export Share Requirements; Export Subsidies; Dominican Republic; Agreement on Subsidies and Countervailing Measures.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:not:notgep:16/18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hilary Hughes). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cgnotuk.html .