Dinamica de corto plazo del empleo en las maquiladoras de Reynosa, Tamaulipas
This research analyzes short-run payroll dynamics associated with the maquiladora export sector of Reynosa, Tamaulipas, Mexico. Parameter estimation is carried out using linear transfer function ARIMA analysis. In contrast to other metropolitan economies for which similar econometric analyses have been completed, real currency movements are not found to be statistically significant. Explanatory variables that do satisfy the significance criterion include industrial activity in the United States, real wages, and the number of factories in operation. Out-of-sample simulations indicate that the model is relatively accurate for forecasts of 1 to 24 months into the future.
Volume (Year): XXX (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +52 (81) 8329 4150
Fax: +52 (81) 8342 2897
Web page: http://www.economia.uanl.mx
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fullerton, Th. & Lopez, J.J., 2005. "Error Correction Exchange Rate Modeling for Mexico: 1980 – 2001," International Journal of Applied Econometrics and Quantitative Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 2(3), pages 17-30.
- Roberto Coronado & Thomas M. Fullerton Jr. & Don P. Clark, 2004. "Short-run maquiladora employment dynamics in Tijuana," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 38(4), pages 751-763, December.
- William C. Gruben, 2001. "Was NAFTA behind Mexico's high maquiladora growth?," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q III, pages 11-21.
- Thomas M Fullerton Jr & David A Schauer, 2004.
"Short-Run Maquiladora Employment Dynamics,"
- Jes�S Ca�As & Thomas M. Fullerton & Wm. Doyle Smith, 2007. "Maquiladora Employment Dynamics in Nuevo Laredo," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(1), pages 23-38.
- Thomas M Fullerton Jr & Miwa Hattori & Cuauhtemoc Calderon, 2004.
"Error Correction Exchange Rate Modeling Evidence for Mexico,"
- Thomas Fullerton & Miwa Hattori & Cuauhtémoc Calderón, 2001. "Error correction exchange rate modeling: Evidence for Mexico," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 358-368, September.
- Thomas M. Fullerton & Torres Ruiz & Luis BernardoAuthor-Workplace-Name: University of Texas at E1 Pasio, USA, 2004.
"Maquiladora employment dynamics in Chihuahua City, Mexico,"
Journal of Developing Areas,
Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 38(1), pages 1-17, September.
- Thomas M Fullerton Jr & Luis B Torres Ruiz, 2004. "Maquiladora Employment Dynamics in Chihuahua City, Mexico," Development and Comp Systems 0412018, EconWPA.
- Thomas M Fullerton Jr & Luis Bernardo Torres Ruiz, 2005. "Maquiladora Employment Dynamics in Chihuahua City, Mexico," Development and Comp Systems 0501006, EconWPA.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ere:journl:v:xxx:y:2011:i:1:p:23-40. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dora María Vega Facio)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.