A Change in Location Advantages in Austria since the Opening of Eastern Europe. On Developments of the Austrian Location Pattern since 1990
For decades regional growth patterns in Austria have shown a distinct west-east divide as a result of its geopolitical position along the "Iron Curtain". After the opening of Eastern Europe, there was an improvement in regional dynamics in the immediate vicinity of the border, but no fundamental change in location advantages in Austria.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 11 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Arsenal Object 20, A-1030 Wien|
Phone: (+43 1) 798 26 01-0
Fax: (+43 1) 798 93 86
Web page: http://www.wifo.ac.at/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Mayerhofer & Gerhard Palme, 2001.
"Development Opportunities Offered at Sectoral Level by EU Enlargement,"
WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports),
WIFO, vol. 74(11), pages 677-688, November.
- Peter Mayerhofer & Gerhard Palme, 2002. "Development Opportunities Offered at Sectoral Level by EU Enlargement," Austrian Economic Quarterly, WIFO, vol. 7(1), pages 28-39, January.
- Peter Mayerhofer & Gerhard Palme, 2002. "Effects of the EU's Eastern Enlargement on Austrian Regions," Austrian Economic Quarterly, WIFO, vol. 7(1), pages 40-50, January.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991.
"Increasing Returns and Economic Geography,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Niebuhr, Annekatrin, 2005.
"The Impact of EU Enlargement on European Border Regions,"
HWWA Discussion Papers
330, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Annekatrin Niebuhr, 2008. "The impact of EU enlargement on European border regions," International Journal of Public Policy, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(3/4), pages 163-186.
- Annekatrin Niebuhr, 2005. "The Impact of EU Enlargement on European Border Regions," ERSA conference papers ersa05p114, European Regional Science Association.
- Peter Huber, 2008.
"Did previous EU-enlargements change the regional distribution of production? An empirical analysis of three enlargement episodes,"
International Journal of Public Policy,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(3/4), pages 187-206.
- Michael Roos, "undated". "Wages and Market Potential in Germany," Discussion Papers in Economics 00_09, University of Dortmund, Department of Economics.
- Niebuhr, Annekatrin, 2004. "Market Access and Regional Disparities : New Economic Geography in Europe," HWWA Discussion Papers 269, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Hanson, Gordon H., 1996. "Economic integration, intraindustry trade, and frontier regions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 941-949, April.
- Russell H. Hillberry, 2002. "Aggregation bias, compositional change, and the border effect," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 35(3), pages 517-530, August.
- Gordon H. Hanson, 1994.
"Localization Economies, Vertical Organization and Trade,"
NBER Working Papers
4744, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hanson, Gordon H, 1996. "Localization Economies, Vertical Organization, and Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1266-1278, December.
- Meyer, Bruce D, 1995.
"Natural and Quasi-experiments in Economics,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 13(2), pages 151-161, April.
- Gordon H. Hanson, 1994.
"Regional Adjustment to Trade Liberalization,"
NBER Working Papers
4713, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McCann, Philip, 2001. "Urban and Regional Economics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198776451.
- Hanson, Gordon H., 2001.
"U.S.-Mexico Integration and Regional Economies: Evidence from Border-City Pairs,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 259-287, September.
- Gordon H. Hanson, 1996. "U.S.-Mexico Integration and Regional Economies: Evidence from Border- City Pairs," NBER Working Papers 5425, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McCallum, John, 1995. "National Borders Matter: Canada-U.S. Regional Trade Patterns," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 615-623, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wfo:wquart:y:2006:i:3:p:125-137. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilse Schulz)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.