A Change in Location Advantages in Austria since the Opening of Eastern Europe. On Developments of the Austrian Location Pattern since 1990
For decades regional growth patterns in Austria have shown a distinct west-east divide as a result of its geopolitical position along the "Iron Curtain". After the opening of Eastern Europe, there was an improvement in regional dynamics in the immediate vicinity of the border, but no fundamental change in location advantages in Austria.
Volume (Year): 11 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (+43 1) 798 26 01-0
Fax: (+43 1) 798 93 86
Web page: http://www.wifo.ac.at/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Niebuhr, Annekatrin, 2004. "Market Access and Regional Disparities : New Economic Geography in Europe," HWWA Discussion Papers 269, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Meyer, Bruce D, 1995.
"Natural and Quasi-experiments in Economics,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 13(2), pages 151-61, April.
- McCallum, John, 1995. "National Borders Matter: Canada-U.S. Regional Trade Patterns," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 615-23, June.
- Hanson, Gordon H., 1996. "Economic integration, intraindustry trade, and frontier regions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 941-949, April.
- Hanson, Gordon H., 2001.
"U.S.-Mexico Integration and Regional Economies: Evidence from Border-City Pairs,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 259-287, September.
- Gordon H. Hanson, 1996. "U.S.-Mexico Integration and Regional Economies: Evidence from Border- City Pairs," NBER Working Papers 5425, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991.
"Increasing Returns and Economic Geography,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-99, June.
- Hanson, Gordon H, 1996.
"Localization Economies, Vertical Organization, and Trade,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1266-78, December.
- Gordon H. Hanson, 1994. "Localization Economies, Vertical Organization and Trade," NBER Working Papers 4744, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Huber, 2007.
"Did Previous EU Enlargements Change the Regional Distribution of Production? An Empirical Analysis of Three Enlargement Episodes,"
WIFO Working Papers
- Peter Huber, 2008. "Did previous EU-enlargements change the regional distribution of production? An empirical analysis of three enlargement episodes," International Journal of Public Policy, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(3/4), pages 187-206.
- Peter Mayerhofer & Gerhard Palme, 2002. "Effects of the EU's Eastern Enlargement on Austrian Regions," Austrian Economic Quarterly, WIFO, vol. 7(1), pages 40-50, January.
- McCann, Philip, 2001. "Urban and Regional Economics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198776451, July.
- Annekatrin Niebuhr, 2005.
"The Impact of EU Enlargement on European Border Regions,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa05p114, European Regional Science Association.
- Annekatrin Niebuhr, 2008. "The impact of EU enlargement on European border regions," International Journal of Public Policy, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(3/4), pages 163-186.
- Niebuhr, Annekatrin, 2005. "The Impact of EU Enlargement on European Border Regions," HWWA Discussion Papers 330, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Michael Roos, . "Wages and Market Potential in Germany," Discussion Papers in Economics 00_09, University of Dortmund, Department of Economics.
- Peter Mayerhofer & Gerhard Palme, 2001.
"Development Opportunities Offered at Sectoral Level by EU Enlargement,"
WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports),
WIFO, vol. 74(11), pages 677-688, November.
- Peter Mayerhofer & Gerhard Palme, 2002. "Development Opportunities Offered at Sectoral Level by EU Enlargement," Austrian Economic Quarterly, WIFO, vol. 7(1), pages 28-39, January.
- Hanson, Gordon H., 1998.
"Regional adjustment to trade liberalization,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 419-444, July.
- Russell H. Hillberry, 2002. "Aggregation bias, compositional change, and the border effect," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 35(3), pages 517-530, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wfo:wquart:y:2006:i:3:p:125-137. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilse Schulz)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.