Market Access and Regional Disparities : New Economic Geography in Europe
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mion, Giordano, 2004.
"Spatial externalities and empirical analysis: the case of Italy,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 97-118, July.
- Giuseppe De Arcangelis & Giordano Mion, 2002. "Spatial Externalities and Empirical Analysis: The case of Italy," SERIES 0006, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza - Università degli Studi di Bari "Aldo Moro", revised Jan 2002.
- Giuseppe De Arcangelis & Giordano Mion, 2002. "Spatial Externalities and Empirical Analysis: The case of Italy," Working Papers 66, Sapienza University of Rome, CIDEI.
- MION, Giordano, 2003. "Spatial externalities and empirical analysis: the case of Italy," CORE Discussion Papers 2003015, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Mion, Giordano, 2003. "Spatial Externalities and Empirical Analysis: The Case of Italy," ZEW Discussion Papers 03-38, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Mion, Giordano, 2004. "Spatial externalities and empirical analysis: the case of Italy," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 42663, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- MION, Giordano, 2004. "Spatial externalities and empirical analysis: the case of Italy," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1839, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1996. "Intra-National versus International Trade: How Stubborn are Nations in Global Integration?," NBER Working Papers 5531, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer, 2000.
"Non-Europe: The magnitude and causes of market fragmentation in the EU,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 136(2), pages 284-314, June.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer, 2000. "Non-Europe : The Magnitude and Causes of Market Fragmentation in the EU," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00267441, HAL.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer, 2004. "Non-Europe : the magnitude and causes of market fragmentation in the EU," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques bla99004a, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- H. Hanson, Gordon, 2005.
"Market potential, increasing returns and geographic concentration,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 1-24, September.
- Gordon H. Hanson, 1998. "Market Potential, Increasing Returns, and Geographic Concentration," NBER Working Papers 6429, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hanson, G.H., 1999. "`Market Potential, Increasing Returns, and Geographic Concentration," Working Papers 439, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Paul Krugman, 1992. "A Dynamic Spatial Model," NBER Working Papers 4219, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Roos, "undated". "Wages and Market Potential in Germany," Discussion Papers in Economics 00_09, University of Dortmund, Department of Economics.
- J.Peter Neary, 2001.
"Of Hype and Hyperbolas: Introducing the New Economic Geography,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 536-561, June.
- J. Peter Neary, 2000. "Of hype and hyperbolas : introducing the new economic geography," Working Papers 200019, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Volker Nitsch, 2000. "National borders and international trade: evidence from the European Union," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 33(4), pages 1091-1105, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kosfeld, Reinhold & Eckey, Hans-Friedrich & Türck, Matthias, 2005. "New Economic Geography and Regional Price Level," Volkswirtschaftliche Diskussionsbeiträge 78, University of Kassel, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Peter Huber & Michael Pfaffermayr & Yvonne Wolfmayr, 2011. "Are There Border Effects in the EU Wage Function?," DANUBE: Law and Economics Review, European Association Comenius - EACO, issue 2, pages 23-41, June.
- Pedro Amaral & Mauro Lemos & Rodrigo Simões & Flávia Chein, 2010.
"Regional Imbalances and Market Potential in Brazil,"
Spatial Economic Analysis,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(4), pages 463-482.
- Pedro Vasconcelos Amaral & Mauro Borges Lemos & Rodrigo Ferreira Simões & Flávia Chein Feres, 2007. "Regional imbalances and market potential in Brazil," Textos para Discussão Cedeplar-UFMG td324, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Reinhold Kosfeld & Hans-Friedrich Eckey, 2010.
"Market access, regional price level and wage disparities: the German case,"
Review of Regional Research: Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft,
Springer;Gesellschaft für Regionalforschung (GfR), vol. 30(2), pages 105-128, September.
- Reinhold Kosfeld & Hans-Friedrich Eckey, 2008. "Market Access, Regional Price Level and Wage Disparities: The German Case," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200814, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Dahl, Juliana, 2013. "Innovation and growth in regions with specific geographical features," Kiel Advanced Studies Working Papers 463, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Annekatrin Niebuhr, 2008.
"The impact of EU enlargement on European border regions,"
International Journal of Public Policy,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(3/4), pages 163-186.
- Niebuhr, Annekatrin, 2005. "The Impact of EU Enlargement on European Border Regions," HWWA Discussion Papers 330, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Annekatrin Niebuhr, 2005. "The Impact of EU Enlargement on European Border Regions," ERSA conference papers ersa05p114, European Regional Science Association.
- Peter Mayerhofer, 2006. "A Change in Location Advantages in Austria since the Opening of Eastern Europe. On Developments of the Austrian Location Pattern since 1990," Austrian Economic Quarterly, WIFO, vol. 11(3), pages 125-137, September.
- Dusan Paredes & Victor Iturra, 2012. "Market Access and wages: A spatially heterogeneous approach," Documentos de Trabajo en Economia y Ciencia Regional 29, Universidad Catolica del Norte, Chile, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2012.
- Rafael Alvarado & Miguel Atienza, 2014. "The role of market access and human capital in regional wage disparities: Empirical evidence for Ecuador," Documentos de Trabajo en Economia y Ciencia Regional 50, Universidad Catolica del Norte, Chile, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2014.
- Gabriel M. Ahlfeldt & Arne Feddersen, 2010.
"From periphery to core: economic adjustments to high speed rail,"
2010/38, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Ahlfeldt, Gabriel M. & Feddersen, Arne, 2010. "From Periphery to Core: Economic Adjustments to High Speed Rail," MPRA Paper 25106, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ahlfeldt, Gabriel M. & Feddersen, Arne, 2010. "From periphery to core: economic adjustments to high speed rail," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 29430, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Arne Feddersen & Gabriel Ahlfeldt, 2011. "From Periphery to Core: Economic Adjustments to High Speed Rail," ERSA conference papers ersa11p545, European Regional Science Association.
- Brakman, Steven & Garretsen, Harry & Schramm, Marc, 2006.
"Putting new economic geography to the test: Free-ness of trade and agglomeration in the EU regions,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 613-635, September.
- Steven Brakman & Harry Garretsen & Marc Schramm, 2005. "Putting New Economic Geography to the Test: Free-ness of Trade and Agglomeration in the EU Regions," CESifo Working Paper Series 1566, CESifo Group Munich.
- Peter Mayerhofer, 2006. "Location Patterns Changed in Austria due to Opening of Eastern Europe?," WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports), WIFO, vol. 79(3), pages 173-186, March.
More about this item
KeywordsNew economic geography; market access; Europe;
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:hwwadp:26148. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hwwaade.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.