Empirical Evidence Regarding 9/11 Impacts on the Borderplex Economy
Although not directly targeted by any of the terrorist attacks of 11 September 2001, the El Paso – Ciudad Juárez borderplex economy was impacted by related administrative events that subsequently occurred. To examine what areas of the regional economy were affected, a series of statistical tests are employed. Similar to what has been documented for the New York metropolitan economy, many sectors of the borderplex escaped the aftereffects of 9/11 without observing large scale changes. Several other sectors, however, were impacted in statistically significant manners.
Volume (Year): 7 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.usc.es/economet/info.htm Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hanson, Gordon H., 2001.
"U.S.-Mexico Integration and Regional Economies: Evidence from Border-City Pairs,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 259-287, September.
- Gordon H. Hanson, 1996. "U.S.-Mexico Integration and Regional Economies: Evidence from Border- City Pairs," NBER Working Papers 5425, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas M. Fullerton JR., 2001. "Specification of a Borderplex Econometric Forecasting Model," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 24(2), pages 245-260, April.
- Thomas M Fullerton Jr, 2004. "Specification of a Borderplex Econometric Forecasting Model," Urban/Regional 0405006, EconWPA.
- Blanco-Gonzalez, Lorenzo & Fullerton, Thomas Jr., 2006. "Borderplex menu evidence for the law of one price," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 28-33, January.
- Glaeser, Edward L. & Shapiro, Jesse M., 2002. "Cities and Warfare: The Impact of Terrorism on Urban Form," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 205-224, March.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Jesse M. Shapiro, 2001. "Cities and Warfare: The Impact of Terrorism on Urban Form," NBER Working Papers 8696, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Jesse M. Shapiro, 2001. "Cities and Warfare: The Impact of Terrorism on Urban Form," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1942, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Keith R. Phillips & Roberto Coronado, 2005. "Texas border benefits from retail sales to Mexican nationals," Monograph, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, number 2005tbbfrstm, December.
- Mills, Edwin S., 2002. "Terrorism and U.S. Real Estate," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 198-204, March.
- Jesús Cañas & Thomas M. Fullerton & Wm. Doyle Smith, 2007. "Maquiladora Employment Dynamics in Nuevo Laredo," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(1), pages 23-38.
- Jeffrey R. Campbell & Beverly Lapham, 2004. "Real Exchange Rate Fluctuations and the Dynamics of Retail Trade Industries on the U. S.-Canada Border," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(4), pages 1194-1206, September.
- Jeffrey Campbell, 2000. "Real Exchange Rate Fluctuations and the Dynamics of Retail Trade Industries on the U.S.-Canada Border," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1224, Econometric Society.
- Jeffrey R. Campbell & Beverly Lapham, 2002. "Real exchange rate fluctuations and the dynamics of retail trade industries on the U.S.-Canada border," Working Paper Series WP-02-17, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Jeffrey R. Campbell & Beverly Lapham, 2001. "Real Exchange Rate Fluctuations and the Dynamics of Retail Trade Industries on the U.S.-Canada Border," NBER Working Papers 8558, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas M Fullerton Jr & David Torres & Martha Patricia Barraza de Anda & Jon Amastae, 2004. "Borderplex Economic Change," Urban/Regional 0409009, EconWPA.
- Thomas M Fullerton Jr, 2005. "Borderplex Bridge and Air Econometric Forecast Accuracy," Urban/Regional 0501005, EconWPA.
- Hanson, Gordon H., 1996. "Economic integration, intraindustry trade, and frontier regions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 941-949, April. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eaa:eerese:v:7:y2007:i:7_9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.