Separation of Ownership and Control: Delegation as a Commitment Device
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Toxvaerd, Flavio, 2006. "Time of the essence," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 129(1), pages 252-272, July.
- Gerratana Emanuele & Koçkesen Levent, 2012.
"Strategic Effects of Renegotiation-Proof Contracts,"
The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 12(1), pages 1-49, July.
- Levent Kockesen & Emanuele Gerratana, 2009. "Strategic Effects of Incomplete and Renegotiation-Proof Contracts," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 0908, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Doepke, Matthias & Townsend, Robert M., 2006.
"Dynamic mechanism design with hidden income and hidden actions,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 126(1), pages 235-285, January.
- Matthias Doepke & Robert M. Townsend, 2002. "Dynamic Mechanism Design With Hidden Income and Hidden Actions," UCLA Economics Working Papers 818, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Doepke, Matthias & Townsend, Robert M, 2004. "Dynamic Mechanism Design with Hidden Income and Hidden Auctions," CEPR Discussion Papers 4455, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alessandro Bonatti & Johannes Horner, 2011.
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(2), pages 632-663, April.
- Johannes Horner & Alessandro Bonatti, 2009. "Collaborating," 2009 Meeting Papers 1019, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Alessandro Bonatti & Johannes Horner, 2009. "Collaborating," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1695, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Nov 2009.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30747162 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bester, Helmut & Sakovics, Jozsef, 2001.
"Delegated bargaining and renegotiation,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 459-473, August.
- Helmut Bester & J?sef S?ovics, "undated". "Delegated Bargaining And Renegotiation," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 440.99, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Helmut Bester & Jozsef Sakovics, 2000. "Delegated Bargaining and Renegotiation," ESE Discussion Papers 61, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Helmut Bester & Joszef Sakovics, "undated". "Delegated Bargaining and Renegotiation," Papers 007, Departmental Working Papers.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1980. "Agency Problems and the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(2), pages 288-307, April.
- Jansen, Thijs & van Lier, Arie & van Witteloostuijn, Arjen, 2007. "A note on strategic delegation: The market share case," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 531-539, June.
- Caillaud, Bernard & Jullien, B & Picard, P, 1995.
"Competing Vertical Structures: Precommitment and Renegotiation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 63(3), pages 621-646, May.
- Caillaud Bernard & Jullien Bruno & Picard Pierre, 1991. "Competing vertical structures : precommitment and renegotiation," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9125, CEPREMAP.
- Bensaid, Bernard & Gary-Bobo, Robert J, 1993.
"Commitment Value of Contracts under Renegotiation Constraints,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(6), pages 1423-1429, November.
- Bensaid, B. & Gary-Bobo, R. J., 1993. "Commitment value of contracts under renegotiation constraints," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1107, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Mason, Robin & Välimäki, Juuso, 2008. "Dynamic Moral Hazard and Project Completion," CEPR Discussion Papers 6857, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Picard, Pierre, 1987.
"On the design of incentive schemes under moral hazard and adverse selection,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 305-331, August.
- Picard Pierre, 1986. "On the design of incentive schemes under moral hazard and adverse selection," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 8602, CEPREMAP.
More about this item
Keywordscommitment problem; control rights; control structure; moral hazard; private bene t; separation of ownership and control; soft-budget constraint; strategic delegation;
- D86 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Economics of Contract Law
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-05-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-CTA-2015-05-02 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-HRM-2015-05-02 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-MIC-2015-05-02 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-PPM-2015-05-02 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lec:leecon:15/02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mrs. Alexandra Mazzuoccolo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deleiuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.