New technologies and firm organization : the case of electronic traceability systems in French agribusiness
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Danielle Galliano & Luis Orozco, 2013. "New Technologies and Firm Organization: The Case of Electronic Traceability Systems in French Agribusiness," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 22-47, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bresnahan, Timothy F. & Trajtenberg, M., 1995. "General purpose technologies 'Engines of growth'?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 83-108, January.
- Anders Malmberg & Bo Malmberg & Per Lundequist, 2000. "Agglomeration and firm performance: economies of scale, localisation, and urbanisation among Swedish export firms," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 32(2), pages 305-321, February.
- Jensen, Morten Berg & Johnson, Bjorn & Lorenz, Edward & Lundvall, Bengt Ake, 2007. "Forms of knowledge and modes of innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 680-693, June.
- Fares, M'hand & Rouviere, Elodie, 2010.
"The implementation mechanisms of voluntary food safety systems,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 412-418, October.
- M'Hand Fares & Elodie Rouviere, 2010. "The implementation mechanisms of voluntary food safety systems," Post-Print hal-01323222, HAL.
- Pascale Roux & Danielle Galliano, 2006. "Organisational and Technological changes in French agribusiness: Forms and determinants," Post-Print hal-00390773, HAL.
- Franco Malerba, 2005. "Sectoral systems of innovation: a framework for linking innovation to the knowledge base, structure and dynamics of sectors," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1-2), pages 63-82.
- H. Frederick Gale, 1998. "Rural Manufacturing on the Crest of the Wave: A Count Data Analysis of Technology Use," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(2), pages 347-359.
- Danielle Galliano & Pascale Roux, 2008.
"Organisational motives and spatial effects in Internet adoption and intensity of use: evidence from French industrial firms,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 42(2), pages 425-448, June.
- Pascale Roux & Danielle Galliano, 2008. "Organisational motives and spatial effects in internet adoption and intensity of use: evidence from French Industrial firms," Post-Print hal-00390704, HAL.
- Diogo M. Souza-Monteiro & Julie A. Caswell, 2010. "The Economics of Voluntary Traceability in Multi-Ingredient Food Chains," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(1), pages 122-142.
- Bengt-Âke Lundvall & Peter Nielsen, 1999. "Competition and transformation in the learning economy - Illustrated by the Danish case," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 88(1), pages 67-89.
- Christophe Charlier & Egizio Valceschini, 2008.
"Coordination for traceability in the food chain. A critical appraisal of European regulation,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Christophe Charlier & Egizio Valceschini, 2007. "Coordination for traceability in the food chain: A critical appraisal of European regulation," Post-Print hal-01197701, HAL.
- Christophe Charlier & Egizio Valceschini, 2008. "Coordination for traceability in a food chain. A critical appraisal of the European regulation," Post-Print halshs-00423932, HAL.
- Massimiliano Mazzanti & Sandro Montresor & Paolo Pini, 2009. "What Drives (or Hampers) Outsourcing? Evidence for a Local Production System in Emilia Romagna," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 331-365.
- Adelheid Holl & Rafael Pardo & Ruth Rama, 2010. "Just-in-Time Manufacturing Systems, Subcontracting and Geographic Proximity," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(5), pages 519-533.
- Banterle, Alessandro & Stranieri, Stefanella, 2008. "The consequences of voluntary traceability system for supply chain relationships. An application of transaction cost economics," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 560-569, December.
- Pierre-Jean Benghozi, 2001. "Relations interentreprises et nouveaux modèles d'affaires," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 52(1), pages 165-190.
- Jill E. Hobbs, 2004. "Information asymmetry and the role of traceability systems," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 397-415.
- Nathalie Greenan, 2003. "Organisational change, technology, employment and skills: an empirical study of French manufacturing," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 287-316, March.
- Vincent Frigant & Damien Talbot, 2005.
"Technological Determinism and Modularity: Lessons from a Comparison between Aircraft and Auto Industries in Europe,"
Industry and Innovation,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 337-355.
- Vincent Frigant & Damien Talbot, 2005. "Technological determinism and modularity : lessons from a comparison between Aircraft and Auto Industries in Europe," Post-Print hal-00153097, HAL.
- Thomas Astebro, 2004.
"Sunk Costs and the Depth and Probability of Technology Adoption,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(3), pages 381-399, September.
- Thomas Astebro, 2004. "Sunk Costs and the Depth and Probability of Technology Adoption," Post-Print hal-00480075, HAL.
- Oliver E. Williamson, 1967. "Hierarchical Control and Optimum Firm Size," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 123-123.
- Pierre-Jean Benghozi, 2001. "Relations interentreprises et nouveaux modèles d'affaires," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 52(7), pages 165-190.
- Golan, Elise H. & Krissoff, Barry & Kuchler, Fred & Calvin, Linda & Nelson, Kenneth E. & Price, Gregory K., 2004. "Traceability In The U.S. Food Supply: Economic Theory And Industry Studies," Agricultural Economics Reports 33939, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin M. Hitt, 2000. "Beyond Computation: Information Technology, Organizational Transformation and Business Performance," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 23-48, Fall.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1990. "The Economics of Modern Manufacturing: Technology, Strategy, and Organization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 511-528, June.
- Garicano, Luis, 2010. "Policemen, managers, lawyers: New results on complementarities between organization and information and communication technology," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 355-358, July.
- Andre Torre & Alain Rallet, 2005. "Proximity and Localization," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 47-59.
- Pierre-Jean Benghozi, 2001. "Relations inter-entreprises et nouveaux modèles d'affaires," Post-Print hal-00262556, HAL.
- Danielle Galliano & Luis Orozco, 2011.
"The determinants of electronic traceability adoption: a firm‐level analysis of French agribusiness,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(3), pages 379-397, June.
- Danielle Galliano & Luis Orozco, 2011. "The determinants of electronic traceability adoption: a firm-level analysis of French agribusiness," Post-Print halshs-01228086, HAL.
- Luis Garicano, 2000. "Hierarchies and the Organization of Knowledge in Production," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(5), pages 874-904, October.
- Nathalie Lazaric & Blandine Denis, 2005. "Routinization and memorization of tasks in a workshop: the case of the introduction of ISO norms," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(5), pages 873-896, October.
- Jean-Marie Codron & M'hand Fares & Elodie Rouviere, 2007. "From public to private safety regulation? The case of negotiated agreements in the French fresh produce import industry," International Journal of Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(3), pages 415-427.
More about this item
Keywordsagribusiness; technological change; traceability systems; firm organization;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2013-11-02 (Business Economics)
- NEP-KNM-2013-11-02 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00846618. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.