Does traceability play a role in retailer’s strategies for private labels?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Henson, Spencer & Reardon, Thomas, 2005. "Private agri-food standards: Implications for food policy and the agri-food system," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 241-253, June.
- Souza Monteiro, Diogo M. & Caswell, Julie A., 2009.
"Traceability adoption at the farm level: An empirical analysis of the Portuguese pear industry,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 94-101, February.
- Souza Monteiro, Diogo M. & Caswell, Julie A., 2006. "Traceability Adoption at the Farm Level: An Empirical Analysis of the Portuguese Pear Industry," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21132, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Golan, Elise H. & Krissoff, Barry & Kuchler, Fred & Calvin, Linda & Nelson, Kenneth E. & Price, Gregory K., 2004. "Traceability In The U.S. Food Supply: Economic Theory And Industry Studies," Agricultural Economics Reports 33939, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Spencer Henson & James Northen, 2000. "Consumer Assessment of the Safety of Beef at the Point of Purchase: A Pan-European Study," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(1), pages 90-105.
- Caswell, Julie A., 1998.
"How Labeling of Safety and Process Attributes Affects Markets for Food,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(02), pages 151-158, October.
- Caswell, Julie A., 1998. "How Labeling Of Safety And Process Attributes Affects Markets For Food," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 27(2), October.
- Banterle, Alessandro & Stranieri, Stefanella, 2008. "The consequences of voluntary traceability system for supply chain relationships. An application of transaction cost economics," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 560-569, December.
- Hatanaka, Maki & Bain, Carmen & Busch, Lawrence, 2005. "Third-party certification in the global agrifood system," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 354-369, June.
- Alessandro Banterle & Stefanella Stranieri, 2008. "Information, labelling, and vertical coordination: an analysis of the Italian meat supply networks," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(3), pages 320-331.
- Hobbs, Jill E., 2004. "Traceability in the Canadian Red Meat Sector," Economic and Market Information 55304, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
- Christophe Charlier & Egizio Valceschini, 2008.
"Coordination for traceability in the food chain. A critical appraisal of European regulation,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Christophe Charlier & Egizio Valceschini, 2007. "Coordination for traceability in the food chain: A critical appraisal of European regulation," Post-Print hal-01197701, HAL.
- Diogo M. Souza-Monteiro & Julie A. Caswell, 2010. "The Economics of Voluntary Traceability in Multi-Ingredient Food Chains," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(1), pages 122-142.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alessandro Banterle & Stefanella Stranieri, 2013. "Sustainability Standards and the Reorganization of Private Label Supply Chains: A Transaction Cost Perspective," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(12), pages 1-17, December.
More about this item
KeywordsTraceability; dedicated providers; food products; retailing; vertical coordination; Marketing; Q13; Q18; L81; L66; L15;
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- L81 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Retail and Wholesale Trade; e-Commerce
- L66 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Food; Beverages; Cosmetics; Tobacco
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-08-16 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-08-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-CTA-2009-08-16 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-MKT-2009-08-16 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aesc09:50933. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aesukea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.