Investments in tracking and tracing systems in the food industry: A PLS analysis
Traceability and related concepts, such as trust and transparency have gained greatly in relevance in food supply chains. This study seeks to answer what exactly determines firms’ investments in traceability systems by developing and testing a theoretical framework using partial least squares methodology and empirical data from 234 companies of the German food industry.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dickinson, David L. & Von Bailey, Dee, 2005.
"Experimental Evidence on Willingness to Pay for Red Meat Traceability in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Japan,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(03), pages 537-548, December.
- Dickinson, David L. & Bailey, DeeVon, 2005. "Experimental Evidence on Willingness to Pay for Red Meat Traceability in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Japan," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 37(03), December.
- Buhr, Brian L., 2003. "Traceability, Trade And Cool: Lessons From The Eu Meat And Poultry Industry," Working Papers 14577, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Banterle, Alessandro & Stranieri, Stefanella, 2008. "The consequences of voluntary traceability system for supply chain relationships. An application of transaction cost economics," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 560-569, December.
- Resende Filho, Moises de Andrade & Buhr, Brian L., 2012.
"Economics of Traceability for Mitigation of Food Recall Costs,"
2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil
126193, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Resende-Filho, Moises & Buhr, Brian, 2007. "Economics of traceability for mitigation of food recall costs," MPRA Paper 3650, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Goldsmith, Peter D., 2004. "Traceability And Identity Preservation Policy: Private Initiatives Vs. Public Intervention," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20167, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Spriggs, John & Hobbs, Jill E. & Fearne, Andrew, 2000. "Beef Producer Attitudes To Coordination And Quality Assurance In Canada And The Uk," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 3(01).
- Fritz, Melanie & Fischer, Christian, 2007. "The Role of Trust in European Food Chains: Theory and Empirical Findings," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 10(02).
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7520 is not listed on IDEAS
- Viswanath Venkatesh & Fred D. Davis, 2000. "A Theoretical Extension of the Technology Acceptance Model: Four Longitudinal Field Studies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(2), pages 186-204, February.
- Bullock, David S. & Desquilbet, Marion & Nitsi, Elisavet I., 2000.
"The Economics Of Non-Gmo Segregation And Identity Preservation,"
2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL
21845, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Bullock, D. S. & Desquilbet, M., 2002. "The economics of non-GMO segregation and identity preservation," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 81-99, February.
- Jill E. Hobbs & DeeVon Bailey & David L. Dickinson & Morteza Haghiri, 2005. "Traceability in the Canadian Red Meat Sector: Do Consumers Care?," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 53(1), pages 47-65, 03.
- Yoon, Eunsang & Guffey, Hugh J. & Kijewski, Valerie, 1993. "The effects of information and company reputation on intentions to buy a business service," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 215-228, July.
- Zhang, Cheng & Dhaliwal, Jasbir, 2009. "An investigation of resource-based and institutional theoretic factors in technology adoption for operations and supply chain management," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 252-269, July.
- Emmanuel Raynaud & Loïc Sauvée & Egizio Valceschini, 2009. "Aligning branding strategies and governance of vertical transactions in agri-food chains," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(5), pages 835-868, October.
- Holleran, Erin & Bredahl, Maury E. & Zaibet, Lokman, 1999. "Private incentives for adopting food safety and quality assurance," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 669-683, December.
- Henson, Spencer & Traill, Bruce, 1993. "The demand for food safety : Market imperfections and the role of government," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 152-162, April.
- Oliver Musshoff & Norbert Hirschauer, 2008. "Adoption of organic farming in Germany and Austria: an integrative dynamic investment perspective," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(1), pages 135-145, 07.
- Buhr, Brian L., 2003. "Traceability And Information Technology In The Meat Supply Chain: Implications For Firm Organization And Market Structure," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 34(03), November.
- Schulze, Holger & Albersmeier, Friederike & Gawron, Jana-Christina & Spiller, Achim & Theuvsen, Ludwig, 2008. "Heterogeneity in the Evaluation of Quality Assurance Systems: The International Food Standard (IFS) in European Agribusiness," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 11(3).
- Golan, Elise H. & Krissoff, Barry & Kuchler, Fred & Calvin, Linda & Nelson, Kenneth E. & Price, Gregory K., 2004. "Traceability In The U.S. Food Supply: Economic Theory And Industry Studies," Agricultural Economics Reports 33939, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Lutz Hildebrandt & Dirk Temme, 2006. "Probleme der Validierung mit Strukturgleichungsmodellen," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-082, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Ajzen, Icek, 1991. "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 179-211, December.
- Ubilava, David & Foster, Kenneth, 2009. "Quality certification vs. product traceability: Consumer preferences for informational attributes of pork in Georgia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 305-310, June.
- Trautman, Dawn & Goddard, Ellen W. & Nilsson, Tomas K.H., 2008. "Traceability -- A Literature Review," Project Report Series 52090, University of Alberta, Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:37:y:2012:i:1:p:102-113. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.