Food Safety Practices and Costs Under the California Leafy Greens Marketing Agreement
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Calvin, Linda & Cook, Roberta L. & Denbaly, Mark & Dimitri, Carolyn & Glaser, Lewrene K. & Handy, Charles R. & Jekanowski, Mark D. & Kaufman, Phillip R. & Krissoff, Barry & Thompson, Gary D. & Thornsb, 2001. "U.S. Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Marketing: Emerging Trade Practices, Trends, and Issues," Agricultural Economic Reports 33915, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Boys, Kathryn A. & Caswell, Julie A. & Hoffmann, Sandra A. & Colarusso, Samantha, 2015. "The Business of Safe Food: An Assessment of the Global Food Safety Certification Industry," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205870, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Cook, Roberta L., 2011. "Fundamental Forces Affecting U.S. Fresh Produce Growers And Marketers," Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm, and Resource Issues, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 26(4), pages 1-13.
- Calvin, Linda, 2007. "Outbreak Linked to Spinach Forces Reassessment of Food Safety Practices," Amber Waves:The Economics of Food, Farming, Natural Resources, and Rural America, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, pages 1-8, June.
- Jensen, Helen H. & Pouliot, Sebastien & Wang, Tong & Jay-Russell, Michele T., 2014. "Development of a Cost Effectiveness Analysis of Leafy Green Marketing Agreement Irrigation Water Provisions," Staff General Research Papers Archive 37327, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Paggi, Mechel S. & Yamazaki, Fumiko & Ribera, Luis A. & Knutson, Ronald D. & Anciso, Juan & Palma, Marco A. & Noel, Jay E., 2010. "Comparative Producer Costs Of Gap And Ghp Standards: Can The Playing Field Be Made Level?," 115th Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, September 15-17, 2010, Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany 116406, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Padilla Bernal Luz Evelia & Reyes Rivas Eliver & Pérez Veyna Oscar, 2012. "Evaluación de un cluster bajo agricultura protegida en México," Contaduría y Administración, Accounting and Management, vol. 57(3), pages 219-237, julio-sep.
- Volpe, Richard & Leibtag, Ephraim S. & Roeger, Edward, 2013. "How Transport Costs Affect Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Prices," Economic Research Report 161355, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Mamen Cuéllar-Padilla & Ernesto Ganuza-Fernandez, 2018. "We Don’t Want to Be Officially Certified! Reasons and Implications of the Participatory Guarantee Systems," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(4), pages 1-15, April.
- Arnade, Carlos & Kuchler, Fred & Calvin, Linda, 2011.
"Food Safety and Spinach Demand: A Generalized Error Correction Model,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(2), pages 251-265, September.
- Arnade, Carlos Anthony & Kuchler, Fred & Calvin, Linda, 2011. "Food Safety and Spinach Demand: A Generalized Error Correction Model," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 40(2), pages 1-15, August.
- Elodie Rouviere & Raphael Soubeyran, 2011.
"Competition vs. quality in an industry with imperfect traceability,"
Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(4), pages 3052-3067.
- Rouviere, Elodie & Soubeyran, Raphael, 2010. "Competition Vs. Quality In An Industry With Imperfect Traceability," 115th Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, September 15-17, 2010, Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany 116407, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Elodie Rouvière & Raphael Soubeyran, 2011. "Competition vs. quality in an industry with imperfect traceability," Post-Print hal-02643261, HAL.
- Best, Sarah. & Mamic, Ivanka., 2008. "Voluntary social initiatives in fresh fruit and vegetable value chains," ILO Working Papers 994312573402676, International Labour Organization.
- Xia, Tian & Sexton, Richard J., 2009. "Retail Prices for Milk by Fat Content: A New Theory and Empirical Test of Retailer Pricing Behavior," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 34(2), pages 1-20, August.
- V. R. Ghezavati & S. Hooshyar & R. Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, 2017. "A Benders’ decomposition algorithm for optimizing distribution of perishable products considering postharvest biological behavior in agri-food supply chain: a case study of tomato," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 25(1), pages 29-54, March.
- Ge, Houtian & Canning, Patrick & Goetz, Stephan & Perez, Agnes, 2015. "Assessing the Supplier Role of Selected Fresh Produce Value Chains in the United States," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205713, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Patrick Baur, 2020. "When farmers are pulled in too many directions: comparing institutional drivers of food safety and environmental sustainability in California agriculture," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 37(4), pages 1175-1194, December.
- Pouliot, Sebastien, 2012.
"Consumer confidence in Food Safety and the 2010 egg recall,"
2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington
124769, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Pouliot, Sebastien, 2012. "Consumer confidence in Food Safety and the 2010 egg recall," ISU General Staff Papers 201201010800001008, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Love, Erin & Thilmany McFadden, Dawn D. & Jablonski, Becca B. R. & Bellows, Laura, 2020. "A Baseline Assessment of School Food Spending and Local Procurement: Exploring the Case of CO Hb 19-1132 and Other Public Policies," 2020 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, Kansas City, Missouri 304588, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Cervantes-Godoy, Dalila & Sparling, David & Avendano, Belem & Calvin, Linda, 2007. "North American Retailers and Their Impact on Food Chains," 2007 NAAMIC Workshop IV: Contemporary Drivers of Integration 163902, North American Agrifood Market Integration Consortium (NAAMIC).
- Caswell, Julie A. & Boys, Kathryn A. & Danilow, Alyssa A. & Lynch, Kathryn E., 2017. "Food Certification Industry Capacity and Ability to Comply with FSMA Final Rule on Accredited Third-Party Certification," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258468, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Paul N. Wilson & Gary D. Thompson, 2003.
"Time Integration: Agribusiness Structure for Competitive Advantage,"
Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 30-43.
- Paul N. Wilson & Gary D. Thompson, 2003. "Time Integration: Agribusiness Structure for Competitive Advantage," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 30-43.
- Wilson, Paul N. & Thompson, Gary D., 2001. "Time Integration: Agribusiness Structure For Competitive Advantage," 2001 Annual Meeting, July 8-11, 2001, Logan, Utah 36100, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Davis, Kathy J. & Thornsbury, Suzanne & Ward, Ronald W., 2002. "Consolidation In The Fresh Florida Grapefruit Packing Industry," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19815, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Hinson, Roger A. & Sinoha, Ramona & Reaves, Dixie Watts, 2006. "Industry Concentration Impacts on Business Strategies Used by Small Produce Wholesalers," 2006 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2006, Orlando, Florida 35291, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Britwum, Kofi & Yiannaka, Amalia, 2016. "Changing Food Safety Risk Perceptions: The Influence of Message Framings & Media Food Safety Information," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 230106, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Sparling, David & van Duren, Erna, 2002. "Putting Globalization and Concentration in the Agri-food Sector into Context," CAFRI: Current Agriculture, Food and Resource Issues, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society, issue 3, pages 1-20, April.
- Ahumada, Omar & Villalobos, J. Rene, 2011. "Operational model for planning the harvest and distribution of perishable agricultural products," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 133(2), pages 677-687, October.
More about this item
KeywordsAgribusiness; Agricultural and Food Policy; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; Teaching/Communication/Extension/Profession;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2018-09-03 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uersib:259719. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ersgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ersgvus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.