Competition vs. quality in an industry with imperfect traceability
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rouviere, Elodie & Soubeyran, Raphael, 2010. "Competition Vs. Quality In An Industry With Imperfect Traceability," 115th Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, September 15-17, 2010, Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany 116407, European Association of Agricultural Economists;Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Elodie Rouvière & Raphael Soubeyran, 2011. "Competition vs. quality in an industry with imperfect traceability," Post-Print hal-01323203, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nicolas Boccard & Xavier Wauthy, 2005.
"Enforcing Domestic Quality Dominance through Quotas,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(2), pages 250-261, May.
- BOCCARD, Nicolas & WAUTHY, Xavier, 2005. "Enforcing domestic quality dominance through quotas," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1756, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Scarpa, Carlo, 1998. "Minimum quality standards with more than two firms1," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 665-676, September.
- Crampes, Claude & Hollander, Abraham, 1995.
"Duopoly and quality standards,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 71-82, January.
- Crampes, C. & Hollander, A., 1991. "Duopoly and Quality Standards," Cahiers de recherche 9128, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Crampes, C. & Hollander, A., 1991. "Duopoly and Quality Standards," Cahiers de recherche 9128, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Crampes, C. & Hollander, A., 1992. "Duopoly and Quality Standards," Papers 92.g, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Paolo Garella & Emmanuel Petrakis, 2008.
"Minimum quality standards and consumers’ information,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 36(2), pages 283-302, August.
- P. Garella & P. Petrakis, 2004. "Minimum Quality Standards and Consumers Information," Working Papers 532, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Paolo G. GARELLA & Emmanuel PETRAKIS, 2007. "Minimum quality standards and consumers’ information," Departmental Working Papers 2007-12, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Paolo Garella & Emmanuel Petrakis, 2005. "Minimum Quality Standards and Consumers Information," Working Papers 0510, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Valletti, Tommaso M, 2000. "Minimum Quality Standards under Cournot Competition," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 235-245, November.
- Jason A. Winfree & Jill J. McCluskey, 2005. "Collective Reputation and Quality," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(1), pages 206-213.
- Elodie Rouviere & Raphael Soubeyran & Céline Bignebat, 2010.
"Heterogeneous efforts in voluntary programmes on food safety,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 37(4), pages 479-499, December.
- Elodie Rouviere & Raphael Soubeyran & Céline Bignebat, 2010. "Heterogeneous efforts in voluntary programmes on food safety," Post-Print hal-01323208, HAL.
- Jean Tirole, 1996.
"A Theory of Collective Reputations (with applications to the persistence of corruption and to firm quality),"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 63(1), pages 1-22.
- Tirole, J., 1993. "A Theory of Collective Reputations with Applications to the Persistence of Corruption and to Firm Quality," Working papers 93-13, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Tirole, Jean, 1994. ""A Theory of Collective Reputations" with Applications to the Persistence of Corruption and to Firm Quality," IDEI Working Papers 38, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- A. Michael Spence, 1975. "Monopoly, Quality, and Regulation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 6(2), pages 417-429, Autumn.
- Calvin, Linda, 2007. "Outbreak Linked to Spinach Forces Reassessment of Food Safety Practices," Amber Waves, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, June.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Michael D. Whinston, 1986. "Free Entry and Social Inefficiency," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(1), pages 48-58, Spring.
- Henson, Spencer & Caswell, Julie, 1999. "Food safety regulation: an overview of contemporary issues," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 589-603, December.
- Uri Ronnen, 1991. "Minimum Quality Standards, Fixed Costs, and Competition," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 22(4), pages 490-504, Winter.
- Leland, Hayne E, 1979. "Quacks, Lemons, and Licensing: A Theory of Minimum Quality Standards," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1328-1346, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Baniak Andrzej & Grajzl Peter, 2013.
"Equilibrium and Welfare in a Model of Torts with Industry Reputation Effects,"
Review of Law & Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 9(2), pages 265-302, October.
- Andrzej Baniak & Peter Grajzl, 2012. "Equilibrium and Welfare in a Model of Torts with Industry Reputation Effects," CEU Working Papers 2012_4, Department of Economics, Central European University, revised 10 Apr 2012.
- Mélanie Jaeck & Robert Lifran & Hubert Stahn, 2012. "Emergence of Organic Farming under Imperfect Competition: Economic Conditions and Incentives," Working Papers halshs-00793671, HAL.
- E. Rouvière & K. Latouche, 2014.
"Impact of liability rules on modes of coordination for food safety in supply chains,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 111-130, February.
- Elodie Rouviere & Karine Latouche, 2014. "Impact of Liability Rules on Modes of Coordination for Food Safety in Supply Chains," Post-Print hal-01323148, HAL.
- Jaeck Mélanie & Lifran Robert & Stahn Hubert, 2014.
"Emergence of Organic Farming under Imperfect Competition: Economic Conditions and Policy Instruments,"
Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization,
De Gruyter, vol. 12(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Mélanie Jaeck & Robert Lifran & Hubert Stahn, 2014. "Emergence of organic farming under imperfect competition: economic conditions and policy instruments," Post-Print hal-01123391, HAL.
- Mélanie Jaeck & Robert Lifran & Hubert Stahn, 2012. "Emergence of Organic Farming under Imperfect Competition," AMSE Working Papers 1239, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France.
- Rouvière, Elodie, 2016. "Small is beautiful: firm size, prevention and food safety," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 12-22.
- repec:kap:jeczfn:v:121:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s00712-017-0527-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:69:y:2017:i:c:p:135-144 is not listed on IDEAS
- Martínez-Alvarez, V. & García-Bastida, P.A. & Martin-Gorriz, B. & Soto-García, M., 2014. "Adaptive strategies of on-farm water management under water supply constraints in south-eastern Spain," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 59-67.
- repec:spr:envpol:v:20:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s10018-017-0198-1 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEntry; Externality; Minimum Quality Standard; Quality.;
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- L5 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-11-00057. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.