Adaptive strategies of on-farm water management under water supply constraints in south-eastern Spain
The study analyses the effect of irrigation water constraints on-farm management in the Campo de Cartagena Irrigation District (south-eastern Spain), which is characterised by a semi-arid climate with a marked structural water deficit. The methodology applied was the comparative assessment of management indicators during two periods with very differing water availability. A set of performance indicators was selected and calculated to assess the effects on on-farm water management and productivity.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pereira, Luis S. & Cordery, Ian & Iacovides, Iacovos, 2012. "Improved indicators of water use performance and productivity for sustainable water conservation and saving," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 39-51.
- Borgia, Cecilia & García-Bolaños, Mariana & Li, Tao & Gómez-Macpherson, Helena & Comas, Jordi & Connor, David & Mateos, Luciano, 2013. "Benchmarking for performance assessment of small and large irrigation schemes along the Senegal Valley in Mauritania," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 19-26.
- Soto-García, M. & Martínez-Alvarez, V. & García-Bastida, P.A. & Alcon, F. & Martin-Gorriz, B., 2013. "Effect of water scarcity and modernisation on the performance of irrigation districts in south-eastern Spain," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 11-19.
- Elodie Rouviere & Raphael Soubeyran, 2011.
"Competition vs. quality in an industry with imperfect traceability,"
AccessEcon, vol. 31(4), pages 3052-3067.
- Rouviere, Elodie & Soubeyran, Raphael, 2010. "Competition Vs. Quality In An Industry With Imperfect Traceability," 115th Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, September 15-17, 2010, Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany 116407, European Association of Agricultural Economists;Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Elodie Rouvière & Raphael Soubeyran, 2011. "Competition vs. quality in an industry with imperfect traceability," Post-Print hal-01323203, HAL.
- Quiroga, Sonia & Iglesias, Ana, 2009. "A comparison of the climate risks of cereal, citrus, grapevine and olive production in Spain," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 101(1-2), pages 91-100, June.
- Fernandez, M.D. & Gonzalez, A.M. & Carreno, J. & Perez, C. & Bonachela, S., 2007. "Analysis of on-farm irrigation performance in Mediterranean greenhouses," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 89(3), pages 251-260, May.
- Lacy, John, 2011. "Cropcheck: Farmer benchmarking participatory model to improve productivity," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(7), pages 562-571, September.
- Schneider, Uwe A. & Havlík, Petr & Schmid, Erwin & Valin, Hugo & Mosnier, Aline & Obersteiner, Michael & Böttcher, Hannes & Skalský, Rastislav & Balkovic, Juraj & Sauer, Timm & Fritz, Steffen, 2011. "Impacts of population growth, economic development, and technical change on global food production and consumption," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 204-215, February.
- Soto-García, M. & Martin-Gorriz, B. & García-Bastida, P.A. & Alcon, F. & Martínez-Alvarez, V., 2013. "Energy consumption for crop irrigation in a semiarid climate (south-eastern Spain)," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 1084-1093.
- Garcia-Vila, M. & Lorite, I.J. & Soriano, M.A. & Fereres, E., 2008. "Management trends and responses to water scarcity in an irrigation scheme of Southern Spain," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 95(4), pages 458-468, April.
- Lawes, R.A. & Kingwell, R.S., 2012. "A longitudinal examination of business performance indicators for drought-affected farms," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 94-101.
- Córcoles, J.I. & de Juan, J.A. & Ortega, J.F. & Tarjuelo, J.M. & Moreno, M.A., 2010. "Management evaluation of Water Users Associations using benchmarking techniques," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 1-11, December.
- Uysal, Özlem Karahan & AtIs, Ela, 2010. "Assessing the performance of participatory irrigation management over time: A case study from Turkey," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(7), pages 1017-1025, July.
- Salvador, R. & Martínez-Cob, A. & Cavero, J. & Playán, E., 2011. "Seasonal on-farm irrigation performance in the Ebro basin (Spain): Crops and irrigation systems," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 98(4), pages 577-587, February. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agiwat:v:136:y:2014:i:c:p:59-67. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.