Assessment of the Irrigation Advisory Services’ Recommendations and Farmers’ Irrigation Management: A Case Study in Southern Spain
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Geerts, Sam & Raes, Dirk, 2009. "Deficit irrigation as an on-farm strategy to maximize crop water productivity in dry areas," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 96(9), pages 1275-1284, September.
- Zhang, H., 2003. "Improving water productivity through deficit irrigation: examples from Syria, the North China Plain and Oregon, USA," IWMI Books, Reports H032649, International Water Management Institute.
- Bos, M. G. & Burton, M. A. & Molden, David J., 2005. "Irrigation and drainage performance assessment: practical guidelines," IWMI Books, Reports H037064, International Water Management Institute.
- Fortes, P.S. & Platonov, A.E. & Pereira, L.S., 2005. "GISAREG--A GIS based irrigation scheduling simulation model to support improved water use," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 77(1-3), pages 159-179, August.
- Geerts, S. & Raes, D. & Garcia, M., 2010. "Using AquaCrop to derive deficit irrigation schedules," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 213-216, December.
- Erwin Schmid & Franz Sinabell, 2004. "On the Choice of Farm Management Practices after the Reform of the Common Agricultural Policy in 2003," WIFO Working Papers 233, WIFO.
- Zwart, Sander J. & Bastiaanssen, Wim G. M., 2004. "Review of measured crop water productivity values for irrigated wheat, rice, cotton and maize," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 115-133, September.
- Garcia-Vila, M. & Lorite, I.J. & Soriano, M.A. & Fereres, E., 2008. "Management trends and responses to water scarcity in an irrigation scheme of Southern Spain," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 95(4), pages 458-468, April.
- Quinones, Pedroza Hector & Unland, Helene & Ojeda, Waldo & Sifuentes, Ernesto, 1999. "Transfer of irrigation scheduling technology in Mexico," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(2-3), pages 333-339, May.
- Lorite, I.J. & Mateos, L. & Orgaz, F. & Fereres, E., 2007. "Assessing deficit irrigation strategies at the level of an irrigation district," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 91(1-3), pages 51-60, July.
- Faci, J. M. & Bensaci, A. & Slatni, A. & Playan, E., 2000. "A case study for irrigation modernisation: I. Characterisation of the district and analysis of water delivery records," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 313-334, January.
- Teresa Serra & David Zilberman & Barry K. Goodwin & Keijo Hyvonen, 2005. "Replacement of Agricultural Price Supports by Area Payments in the European Union and the Effects on Pesticide Use," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(4), pages 870-884.
- Fernandez, M.D. & Gonzalez, A.M. & Carreno, J. & Perez, C. & Bonachela, S., 2007. "Analysis of on-farm irrigation performance in Mediterranean greenhouses," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 89(3), pages 251-260, May.
- Gavilan, P. & Lorite, I.J. & Tornero, S. & Berengena, J., 2006. "Regional calibration of Hargreaves equation for estimating reference ET in a semiarid environment," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 81(3), pages 257-281, March.
- Paresh Shirsath & Anil Singh, 2010. "A Comparative Study of Daily Pan Evaporation Estimation Using ANN, Regression and Climate Based Models," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 24(8), pages 1571-1581, June.
- Córcoles, J.I. & de Juan, J.A. & Ortega, J.F. & Tarjuelo, J.M. & Moreno, M.A., 2010. "Management evaluation of Water Users Associations using benchmarking techniques," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 1-11, December.
- Ortega, J.F. & de Juan, J.A. & Tarjuelo, J.M., 2005. "Improving water management: The irrigation advisory service of Castilla-La Mancha (Spain)," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 77(1-3), pages 37-58, August.
- Farre, Imma & Faci, Jose Maria, 2006. "Comparative response of maize (Zea mays L.) and sorghum (Sorghum bicolor L. Moench) to deficit irrigation in a Mediterranean environment," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 83(1-2), pages 135-143, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- López-Mata, E. & Orengo-Valverde, J.J. & Tarjuelo, J.M. & Martínez-Romero, A. & Domínguez, A., 2016. "Development of a direct-solution algorithm for determining the optimal crop planning of farms using deficit irrigation," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 171(C), pages 173-187.
- García-López, J. & Lorite, I.J. & García-Ruiz, R. & Ordoñez, R. & Dominguez, J., 2016. "Yield response of sunflower to irrigation and fertilization under semi-arid conditions," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 176(C), pages 151-162.
- repec:eee:agiwat:v:189:y:2017:i:c:p:5-18 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:waterr:v:31:y:2017:i:10:d:10.1007_s11269-017-1664-z is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:agiwat:v:204:y:2018:i:c:p:247-261 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsIrrigation Advisory Service; Performance indicator; Irrigation scheduling; Water-balance model; Irrigation profitability;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:waterr:v:26:y:2012:i:8:p:2397-2419. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.