Organic Premiums of U.S. Fresh Produce
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:ags:joaaec:v:34:y:2002:i:3:p:477-487 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maria Luz Loureiro & Jill J. McCluskey, 2000. "Assessing consumer response to protected geographical identification labeling," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 309-320.
- Govindasamy, Ramu & Italia, John, 1999. "Predicting Willingness-To-Pay A Premium For Organically Grown Fresh Produce," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 30(2), July.
- Loureiro, Maria L. & Hine, Susan, 2002.
"Discovering Niche Markets: A Comparison of Consumer Willingness to Pay for Local (Colorado Grown), Organic, and GMO-Free Products,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(03), pages 477-487, December.
- Loureiro, Maria L. & Hine, Susan E., 2002. "Discovering Niche Markets: A Comparison Of Consumer Willingness To Pay For Local (Colorado Grown), Organic, And Gmo-Free Products," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 34(03), December.
- Gary D. Thompson & Julia Kidwell, 1998. "Explaining the Choice of Organic Produce: Cosmetic Defects, Prices, and Consumer Preferences," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(2), pages 277-287.
- Boland, Michael & Schroeder, Ted, 2002.
"Marginal Value of Quality Attributes for Natural and Organic Beef,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(01), pages 39-49, April.
- Boland, Michael A. & Schroeder, Ted C., 2002. "Marginal Value Of Quality Attributes For Natural And Organic Beef," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 34(01), April.
- Dimitri, Carolyn & Greene, Catherine R., 2002. "Recent Growth Patterns In The U.S. Organic Foods Market," Agricultural Information Bulletins 33715, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Maguire, Kelly B. & Owens, Nicole N. & Simon, Nathalie B., 2004. "The Price Premium for Organic Babyfood: A Hedonic Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 29(01), April.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Bodo E. Steiner, 2004. "Australian wines in the British wine market: A hedonic price analysis," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(3), pages 287-307.
- Mykel R. Taylor & Gary W. Brester, 2005. "Noncash Income Transfers and Agricultural Land Values," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 27(4), pages 526-541.
- Halvorsen, Robert & Pollakowski, Henry O., 1981. "Choice of functional form for hedonic price equations," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 37-49, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lopez, Ramon E. & Yoon, Sang Won, 2013.
"Sustainable Economic Growth: Structural Transformation with Consumption Flexibility,"
142561, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Ramón López & Sang Won Yoon, 2013. "Sustainable Economic Growth: Structural Transformation with Consumption Flexibility," Working Papers wp375, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Kathryn Boys & David Willis & Carlos Carpio, 2014. "Consumer willingness to pay for organic and locally grown produce on Dominica: insights into the potential for an “Organic Island”," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 595-617, June.
- Zhuang, Yan & Dimitri, Carolyn & Jaenicke, Edward C., 2010. "Price Reactions And Organic Price Premiums For Private Label And Branded Milk," 115th Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, September 15-17, 2010, Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany 116388, European Association of Agricultural Economists;Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Tajima, Kayo & Yamamoto, Masashi & Ichinose, Daisuke, 2016. "How do agricultural markets respond to radiation risk? Evidence from the 2011 disaster in Japan," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 20-30.
- McFadden, Jonathan R. & Huffman, Wallace E., 2017. "Willingness-to-pay for natural, organic, and conventional foods: The effects of information and meaningful labels," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 214-232.
- Berney, Gerald & Grajewski, Gregory & Hinman, Don & Prater, Marvin E. & Taylor, April, 2010. "Marketing Maine Tablestock Potatoes," Research Reports 147004, United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Marketing Service, Transportation and Marketing Program.
- López, Ramón E. & Yoon, Sang W., 2014. "Environmental Sustainability with a Pollution Tax," Working Papers 166244, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- He, Na & Bernard, John C., 2011. "Differences in WTP and Consumer Demand for Organic and Non-GM Fresh and Processed Foods," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 40(2), August.
- Campbell, Benjamin L. & Khachatryan, Hayk & Behe, Bridget K. & Dennis, Jennifer & Hall, Charles, 2014. "U.S. and Canadian Consumer Perception of Local and Organic Terminology," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 17(2).
- Schrock, Rebecca, 2010. "Determinants Of The Demand For Organic And Conventional Fresh Milk In Germany– An Econometric Analysis," 115th Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, September 15-17, 2010, Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany 116387, European Association of Agricultural Economists;Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Elofsson, Katarina & Bengtsson, Niklas & Matsdotter, Elina & Arntyr, Johan, 2016. "The impact of climate information on milk demand: Evidence from a field experiment," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 14-23.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:69:y:2017:i:c:p:154-165 is not listed on IDEAS
- Owusu, Victor & Owusu, Michael Anifori, 2010. "Measuring Market Potential for Fresh Organic Fruit and Vegetable in Ghana," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 95955, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE);Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- Probst, Lorenz & Houedjofonon, Elysée & Ayerakwa, Hayford Mensah & Haas, Rainer, 2012. "Will they buy it? The potential for marketing organic vegetables in the food vending sector to strengthen vegetable safety: A choice experiment study in three West African cities," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 296-308.
More about this item
Keywordsfresh fruits and vegetables; hedonic price; organic produce; organic premium; product attributes; Nielsen Homescan; Agricultural Finance;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:nccest:37626. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dauiuus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.