Using Retail Scanner Data to Assess the Demand for Value-based Ground Meat Products in Canada
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rémy Lambert & Bruno Larue & Clément Yélou & George Criner, 2006. "Fish and meat demand in Canada: Regional differences and weak separability," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 175-199.
- Verbeke, Wim & Ward, Ronald W., 2001.
"A fresh meat almost ideal demand system incorporating negative TV press and advertising impact,"
Blackwell, vol. 25(2-3), pages 359-374, September.
- Verbeke, Wim & Ward, Ronald W., 2001. "A fresh meat almost ideal demand system incorporating negative TV press and advertising impact," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 25(2-3), September.
- Mashinini, Nkosazana N., 2006. "Ross McLaren, Retired President and CEO, Shaw's Supermarket, Inc. - The Changing Consumer: Demanding but Predictable," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 9(02).
- Capps, Oral, Jr. & Schmitz, John D., 1991. "A Recognition Of Health And Nutrition Factors In Food Demand Analysis," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 16(01), July.
- Gil, Jose Maria & Gracia, Azucena & Sanchez Garcia, Mercedes, 2000. "Market Segmentation And Willingness To Pay For Organic Products In Spain," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 3(02).
- X. M. Gao & Thomas Spreen, 1994. "A Microeconometric Analysis of the U.S. Meat Demand," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 42(3), pages 397-412, November.
- repec:feb:natura:0061 is not listed on IDEAS
- Adhikari, Murali & Paudel, Laxmi & Houston, Jack E. & Paudel, Krishna P. & Bukenya, James O., 2006. "The Impact of Cholesterol Information on Meat Demand: Application of an Updated Cholesterol Index," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 37(02), July.
- Glaser, Lewrene K. & Thompson, Gary D., 1999. "Demand For Organic And Conventional Frozen Vegetables," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21583, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Chris Arnot & Peter C. Boxall & Sean B. Cash, 2006.
"Do Ethical Consumers Care About Price? A Revealed Preference Analysis of Fair Trade Coffee Purchases,"
Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie,
Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 54(4), pages 555-565, December.
- Chris Arnot & Peter Boxall & Sean Cash, 2006. "Do ethical consumers care about price? A revealed preference analysis of fair trade coffee purchases," Natural Field Experiments 00221, The Field Experiments Website.
- Dhar, Tirtha & Foltz, Jeremy D., 2004. "Milk by Any Other Name... Consumer Benefits from Labeled Milk," Working Papers 201547, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Food System Research Group.
- Sulgham, Anil K. & Zapata, Hector O., 2006. "A Dynamic Approach to Estimate Theoretically Consistent US Meat Demand System," 2006 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2006, Orlando, Florida 35441, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Panos Fousekis & Brian J Revell, 2003. "Quadratic Differential Demand Systems and the Retail Demand for Pork in Great Britain," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(3), pages 417-430.
- Anderson Reynolds & Ellen Goddard, 1991. "Structural Change in Canadian Meat Demand," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 39(2), pages 211-222, July.
- Tonsor, Glynn T. & Marsh, Thomas L., 2005. "Comparing Heterogeneous Consumption in US and Japanese Meat and Fish Demand," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19567, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Kesavan, T & Buhr, Brian, 1995. "Price Determination and Dynamic Adjustments: An Inverse Demand System Approach to Meat Products in the United States," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 681-698.
- Morrison, J. A. & Balcombe, K. & Bailey, A. & Klonaris, S. & Rapsomanikis, G., 2003. "Expenditure on different categories of meat in Greece: the influence of changing tastes," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 28(2), pages 139-150, March.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-326, June.
- Schroeter, Christiane & Foster, Kenneth A., 2004. "The Impact Of Health Information And Demographic Changes On Aggregate Meat Demand," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20130, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Glaser, Lewrene K. & Thompson, Gary D., 2000. "Demand For Organic And Conventional Beverage Milk," 2000 Annual Meeting, June 29-July 1, 2000, Vancouver, British Columbia 36346, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Denver, Sigrid & Christensen, Tove, 2010. "Is Organic Food A Quality Attribute Or A Product Category?," 115th Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, September 15-17, 2010, Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany 116389, European Association of Agricultural Economists;Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsMeat demand; value-based labelling; scanner data; Demand and Price Analysis; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-11-25 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaae08:44154. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.