Empirical Analysis Of Agricultural Commodity Prices: A Viewpoint
Numerous models of price-demand-supply behavior in agricultural markets have been proposed and estimated. The literature contains valuable contributions, but the cumulative effect is somewhat disappointing. This paper appraises the status of the price analysis literature and makes suggestions for improving the quality of empirical results. Both structural and time-series models are appraised.
|Date of creation:||1993|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Warren Hall, Ithaca NY 14853|
Web page: http://aem.cornell.edu/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1986.
"Alternative Explanations of the Money-Income Correlation,"
NBER Working Papers
1842, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernanke, Ben S., 1986. "Alternative explanations of the money-income correlation," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 49-99, January.
- B. Wade Brorsen & Warren R. Grant & M. Edward Rister, 1984. "A Hedonic Price Model for Rough Rice Bid/Acceptance Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 66(2), pages 156-163.
- Alston, Julian M. & Chalfant, James A., 1991. "Can We Take The Con Out Of Meat Demand Studies?," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 16(01), July.
- Williams,Jeffrey C. & Wright,Brian D., 2005.
"Storage and Commodity Markets,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521023399, December.
- Baumes, Harry S. Jr & Womack, Abner W., 1979. "Price Equilibrium Or Price Disequilibrium In The Corn Sector," Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 8(2:), October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:cudawp:6847. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.