The Effect of Ethanol Production on the U.S. National Corn Price
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Fortenbery, T. Randall & Park, Hwanil, 2008. "The Effect of Ethanol Production on the U.S. National Corn Price," Staff Paper Series 523, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Randall Fortenbery, 2004.
"Developed speculation and underdeveloped markets--the role of futures trading on export prices in less developed countries,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 31(4), pages 451-471, December.
- Fortenbery, T. Randall & Zapata, Hector O., 2004. "Developed Speculation and Under Developed Markets - The Role of Futures Trading on Export Prices in Less Developed Countries," Staff Paper Series 470, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Gustafson, Cole R., 2002. "Potential Corn Acreage Expansion For Ethanol Production: Western North Dakota," Agribusiness & Applied Economics Report 23593, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Ferris, John N. & Joshi, Satish V., 2004. "Evaluating The Impacts Of An Increase In Fuel-Ethanol Demand On Agriculture And The Economy," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20089, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Torre Ugarte, Daniel de la, 2003. "An Energy Strategy Based On Energy Dedicated Crops Or Corn: Differential Economic And Regional Impacts," 2003 Annual Meeting, February 1-5, 2003, Mobile, Alabama 35165, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Pothidee, Ajchara & Allen, Albert J. & Hudson, Darren, 1999. "Impacts Of Corn And Soybean Meal Price Changes On The Demand And Supply Of U.S. Broilers," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21602, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- S. Devadoss & Patrick C. Westhoff & Michael D. Helmar & Eric Grundmeier & Karl D. Skold & William H. Meyers & Stanley R. Johnson, 1989. "FAPRI Modeling System at CARD: A Documentation Summary, The," Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications 89-tr13, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
- Tomek, William G. & Myers, Robert J., 1993. "Empirical Analysis Of Agricultural Commodity Prices: A Viewpoint," Working Papers 6847, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- S. Devadoss & Patrick C. Westhoff & Michael D. Helmar & Eric Grundmeier & Karl D. Skold & William H. Meyers & Stanley R. Johnson, 1989. "FAPRI Modeling System at CARD: A Documentation Summary, The," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 89-tr13, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Taylor, Richard D. & Mattson, Jeremy W. & Andino, Jose & Koo, Won W., 2006. "Ethanol'S Impact On The U.S. Corn Industry," Agribusiness & Applied Economics Report 23512, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Kevin McNew & Duane Griffith, 2005. "Measuring the Impact of Ethanol Plants on Local Grain Prices," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 27(2), pages 164-180.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- McPhail, Lihong Lu & Babcock, Bruce A., 2012.
"Impact of US biofuel policy on US corn and gasoline price variability,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 505-513.
- McPhail, Lihong Lu & Babcock, Bruce A., 2012. "Impact of US Biofuel Policy on US Corn and Gasoline Price Variability," Staff General Research Papers Archive 34892, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Dae-Heum Kwon & Jungho Baek & Won W. Koo, 2012. "A New Look at the Emergence of an Agro-Energy Nexus: A Graphical Causal Approach," Business and Economic Research, Macrothink Institute, vol. 2(2), pages 42-53, December.
- Zheng, Hualu & Muhammad, Andrew & Herndon, Cary W., Jr., 2009. "The Impacts of Ethanol on the US Catfish Farm Sector," 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia 46248, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Seth Meyer, 2009. "Commentary," Regional Economic Development, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Apr, pages 74-77.
- Arnade, Carlos & Hoffman, Linwood, 2016. "Maize Price Relationships in a Changing International Market: Have Brazil and/or Ukraine Crossed a Threshold?," 2017 Allied Social Science Association (ASSA) Annual Meeting, January 6-8, 2017, Chicago, Illinois 250116, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Blanco, Luisa & Isenhouer, Michelle, 2010. "Powering America: The impact of ethanol production in the Corn Belt states," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1228-1234, November.
- Bastiaensen, Johan & Marchetti, Peter, 2011. "Crisis in Nicaraguan microfinance: between the Scylla of business for profit and the Charybdis of clientelism," IOB Working Papers 2011.04, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy (IOB).
- John D. Anderson & Keith H. Coble, 2010. "Impact of renewable fuels standard ethanol mandates on the corn market," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(1), pages 49-63.
- Katchova, Ani L., 2009. "The Spatial Effect of Ethanol Biorefinery Locations on Local Corn Prices," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49309, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Leucci, A. C. & Ghinoi, S. & Sgargi, D. & Wesz, V. J., Jr., 2013. "Variation and links among food and energy international prices. An analysis through VAR models from 2000 to 2012," 2013 Second Congress, June 6-7, 2013, Parma, Italy 149923, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Peter Maniloff & Sul-Ki Lee, 2015. "The Ethanol Mandate and Corn Price Volatility," Working Papers 2015-01, Colorado School of Mines, Division of Economics and Business.
- Andrian, Leandro Gaston, 2010. "Essays on energy economics: Microeconomic and macroeconomic dimensions," ISU General Staff Papers 201001010800002725, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordscorn price; ethanol; simultaneous equations; three-state least squares; elasticity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:nccsci:37565. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dauiuus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.