The Effect of Ethanol Production on the U.S. National Corn Price
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Fortenbery, T. Randall & Park, Hwanil, 2008. "The Effect of Ethanol Production on the U.S. National Corn Price," Staff Paper Series 523, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Randall Fortenbery, 2004.
"Developed speculation and underdeveloped markets--the role of futures trading on export prices in less developed countries,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 31(4), pages 451-471, December.
- Fortenbery, T. Randall & Zapata, Hector O., 2004. "Developed Speculation and Under Developed Markets - The Role of Futures Trading on Export Prices in Less Developed Countries," Staff Paper Series 470, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Gustafson, Cole R., 2002. "Potential Corn Acreage Expansion For Ethanol Production: Western North Dakota," Agribusiness & Applied Economics Report 23593, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Ferris, John N. & Joshi, Satish V., 2004. "Evaluating The Impacts Of An Increase In Fuel-Ethanol Demand On Agriculture And The Economy," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20089, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Torre Ugarte, Daniel de la, 2003. "An Energy Strategy Based On Energy Dedicated Crops Or Corn: Differential Economic And Regional Impacts," 2003 Annual Meeting, February 1-5, 2003, Mobile, Alabama 35165, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Pothidee, Ajchara & Allen, Albert J. & Hudson, Darren, 1999. "Impacts Of Corn And Soybean Meal Price Changes On The Demand And Supply Of U.S. Broilers," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21602, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- S. Devadoss & Patrick C. Westhoff & Michael D. Helmar & Eric Grundmeier & Karl D. Skold & William H. Meyers & Stanley R. Johnson, 1989. "FAPRI Modeling System at CARD: A Documentation Summary, The," Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications 89-tr13, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
- Tomek, William G. & Myers, Robert J., 1993. "Empirical Analysis Of Agricultural Commodity Prices: A Viewpoint," Working Papers 6847, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- S. Devadoss & Patrick C. Westhoff & Michael D. Helmar & Eric Grundmeier & Karl D. Skold & William H. Meyers & Stanley R. Johnson, 1989. "FAPRI Modeling System at CARD: A Documentation Summary, The," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 89-tr13, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Taylor, Richard D. & Mattson, Jeremy W. & Andino, Jose & Koo, Won W., 2006. "Ethanol'S Impact On The U.S. Corn Industry," Agribusiness & Applied Economics Report 23512, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Kevin McNew & Duane Griffith, 2005. "Measuring the Impact of Ethanol Plants on Local Grain Prices," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 27(2), pages 164-180.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- McPhail, Lihong Lu & Babcock, Bruce A., 2012.
"Impact of US biofuel policy on US corn and gasoline price variability,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 505-513.
- McPhail, Lihong Lu & Babcock, Bruce A., 2012. "Impact of US Biofuel Policy on US Corn and Gasoline Price Variability," Staff General Research Papers Archive 34892, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Dae-Heum Kwon & Jungho Baek & Won W. Koo, 2012. "A New Look at the Emergence of an Agro-Energy Nexus: A Graphical Causal Approach," Business and Economic Research, Macrothink Institute, vol. 2(2), pages 42-53, December.
- Zheng, Hualu & Muhammad, Andrew & Herndon, Cary W., Jr., 2009. "The Impacts of Ethanol on the US Catfish Farm Sector," 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia 46248, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Seth Meyer, 2009. "Commentary," Regional Economic Development, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Apr, pages 74-77.
- Arnade, Carlos & Hoffman, Linwood, 2016. "Maize Price Relationships in a Changing International Market: Have Brazil and/or Ukraine Crossed a Threshold?," 2017 Allied Social Science Association (ASSA) Annual Meeting, January 6-8, 2017, Chicago, Illinois 250116, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Blanco, Luisa & Isenhouer, Michelle, 2010. "Powering America: The impact of ethanol production in the Corn Belt states," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1228-1234, November.
- Bastiaensen, Johan & Marchetti, Peter, 2011. "Crisis in Nicaraguan microfinance: between the Scylla of business for profit and the Charybdis of clientelism," IOB Working Papers 2011.04, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy (IOB).
- John D. Anderson & Keith H. Coble, 2010. "Impact of renewable fuels standard ethanol mandates on the corn market," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(1), pages 49-63.
- Katchova, Ani L., 2009. "The Spatial Effect of Ethanol Biorefinery Locations on Local Corn Prices," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49309, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Leucci, A. C. & Ghinoi, S. & Sgargi, D. & Wesz, V. J., Jr., 2013. "Variation and links among food and energy international prices. An analysis through VAR models from 2000 to 2012," 2013 Second Congress, June 6-7, 2013, Parma, Italy 149923, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Peter Maniloff & Sul-Ki Lee, 2015. "The Ethanol Mandate and Corn Price Volatility," Working Papers 2015-01, Colorado School of Mines, Division of Economics and Business.
- Andrian, Leandro Gaston, 2010. "Essays on energy economics: Microeconomic and macroeconomic dimensions," ISU General Staff Papers 201001010800002725, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordscorn price; ethanol; simultaneous equations; three-state least squares; elasticity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:nccsci:37565. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dauiuus.html .