Developed speculation and underdeveloped markets--the role of futures trading on export prices in less developed countries
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Fortenbery, T. Randall & Zapata, Hector O., 2004. "Developed Speculation and Under Developed Markets - The Role of Futures Trading on Export Prices in Less Developed Countries," Staff Paper Series 470, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- T. Randall Fortenbery & Hector O. Zapata, 1993. "An examination of cointegration relations between futures and local grain markets," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(8), pages 921-932, December.
- T. Randall Fortenbery & Hector O. Zapata, 1997.
"An evaluation of price linkages between futures and cash markets for cheddar cheese,"
Journal of Futures Markets,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(3), pages 279-301, May.
- Fortenbery, T. Randall & Zapata, Hector O., 1995. "An Evaluation of Price Linkages Between Futures and Cash Markets for Cheddar Cheese," Working Papers 204126, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Food System Research Group.
- Lutkepohl, Helmut & Reimers, Hans-Eggert, 1992. "Impulse response analysis of cointegrated systems," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 53-78, January.
- Nguyen, Duc Tin, 1980. "Partial Price Stabilization and Export Earning Instability," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(2), pages 340-352, July.
- David A. Bessler & Ted Covey, 1991. "Cointegration: Some results on U.S. cattle prices," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(4), pages 461-474, August.
- Benton F. Massell, 1969. "Price Stabilization and Welfare," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 83(2), pages 284-298.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bozic, Marin, 2011. "Three essays in commodity futures and options price performance," Faculty Theses and Dissertations 160678, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Sushil Mohan & Bill Russell, 2008. "Modelling Thirty Five Years Of Coffee Prices In Brazil, Guatemala And India," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 221, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Zapata, T. Randall Fortenbery & Armstrong, Delroy, 2005. "Price Discovery in the World Sugar Futures and Cash Markets: Implications for the Domincan Republic," Staff Paper Series 469, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- John M. Fry & Baoying Lai, 2011. "The interdependence of Coffee spot and futures markets," Working Papers 2011.1, International Network for Economic Research - INFER.
- Genevre Covindassamy & Michel A. Robe & Jonathan Wallen, 2016. "Sugar With Your Coffee?: Financials, Fundamentals, and Soft Price Uncertainty," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 8588, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Li, Yingzi & Fortenbery, T. Randall, 2013. "Do Speculators in Futures Markets Make Cash Markets More Volatile?," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 151296, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Park, Hwanil & Fortenbery, T. Randall, 2007.
"The Effect of Ethanol Production on the U.S. National Corn Price,"
2007 Conference, April 16-17, 2007, Chicago, Illinois
37565, NCCC-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- Fortenbery, T. Randall & Park, Hwanil, 2008. "The Effect of Ethanol Production on the U.S. National Corn Price," Staff Paper Series 523, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Maurice, Noemie & Davis, Junior, 2011. "Unravelling the underlying causes of price volatility in world coffee and cocoa commodity markets," MPRA Paper 43813, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2012.
- Bozic, Marin & Fortenbery, T., 2015. "Price Discovery, Volatility Spillovers and Adequacy of Speculation when Spot Prices are Stationary: The Case of U.S. Dairy Markets," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211369, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:erevae:v:31:y:2004:i:4:p:451-471. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.