Role of Ethanol Plants in Dakotas’ Land Use Change: Analysis Using Remotely Sensed Data
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Arora, Gaurav & Wolter, Peter T. & Feng, Hongli & Hennessy, David A., 2015. "Role of Ethanol Plants in Dakotas’ Land Use Change: Analysis Using Remotely Sensed Data," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 206565, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Wendong & Nickerson, Cynthia J., 2013.
"The Housing Market Bust and Farmland Values: Identifying the Changing Influence of Proximity to Urban Centers,"
2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C.
149870, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Zhang, Wendong & Nickerson, Cynthia J., 2015. "Housing Market Bust and Farmland Values: Identifying the Changing Influence of Proximity to Urban Centers," ISU General Staff Papers 201511010700001590, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Mora, Ricardo & Reggio, Iliana, 2012. "Treatment effect identification using alternative parallel assumptions," UC3M Working papers. Economics we1233, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Motamed, Mesbah J. & McPhail, Lihong Lu, 2011. "Spatial Dimensions of US Crop Selection: Recent Responses to Markets and Policy," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103270, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Miao, Ruiqing, 2013. "Impact of Ethanol Plants on Local Land Use Change," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 42(2), pages 1-19, August.
- Turnquist, Alan & Fortenbery, T. Randall & Foltz, Jeremy D., 2008. "Progress or Devastation? The Effects of Ethanol Plant Location on Local Land Use," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6125, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Marianne Bertrand & Esther Duflo & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2004.
"How Much Should We Trust Differences-In-Differences Estimates?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 119(1), pages 249-275.
- Marianne Bertrand & Esther Duflo & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2002. "How Much Should We Trust Differences-in-Differences Estimates?," NBER Working Papers 8841, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jason Henderson & Brent A. Gloy, 2009. "The impact of ethanol plants on cropland values in the great plains," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 69(1), pages 36-48, May.
- John A. List & Daniel L. Millimet & Per G. Fredriksson & W. Warren McHone, 2003.
"Effects of Environmental Regulations on Manufacturing Plant Births: Evidence from a Propensity Score Matching Estimator,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(4), pages 944-952, November.
- Per Fredriksson & John List & Warren McHone & Daniel Millimet, 2003. "Effects of Environmental Regulations on Manufacturing Plant Births: Evidence from a Propensity Score Matching Estimator," Natural Field Experiments 00501, The Field Experiments Website.
- Alberto Abadie, 2005. "Semiparametric Difference-in-Differences Estimators," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 72(1), pages 1-19.
- Meyer, Bruce D, 1995. "Natural and Quasi-experiments in Economics," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(2), pages 151-161, April.
- Sarah J. Reber, 2005. "Court Ordered Desegregation: Successes and Failures Integrating American Schools since Brown versus Board of Education," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 40(3).
- Katchova, Ani L., 2009. "The Spatial Effect of Ethanol Biorefinery Locations on Local Corn Prices," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49309, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Zhang, Wendong & Irwin, Elena G. & Nickerson, Cynthia J., 2012. "The Expanding Ethanol Market and Farmland Values: Identifying the Changing Influence of Proximity to Agricultural Delivery Points," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124690, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Xiaodong Du & David A. Hennessy & William M. Edwards, 2007.
"Determinants of Iowa Cropland Cash Rental Rates: Testing Ricardian Rent Theory,"
Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications
07-wp454, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Du, Xiaodong & Hennessy, David A. & Edwards, William M., 2008. "Determinants of Iowa Cropland Cash Rental Rates: Testing Ricardian Rent Theory," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6355, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Kevin McNew & Duane Griffith, 2005. "Measuring the Impact of Ethanol Plants on Local Grain Prices," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 27(2), pages 164-180.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Gaurav Arora & Peter T. Wolter & Hongli Feng & David A. Hennessy, 2016. "Role of Ethanol Plants in Dakotas Land Use Change: Incorporating Flexible Trends in the Difference-in-Difference Framework with Remotely-Sensed Data," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 16-wp564, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Liu, Bing & Hudson, Darren & Farmer, Michael, 2015. "The Impact of a Sorghum-Based Ethanol Plant on Local Cotton Acreage: A Spatial Approach," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 229799, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Villa, Juan M., 2014. "Social transfers and growth: The missing evidence from luminosity data," WIDER Working Paper Series 090, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ciani Emanuele & Fisher Paul, 2019.
"Dif-in-Dif Estimators of Multiplicative Treatment Effects,"
Journal of Econometric Methods,
De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-10, January.
- Ciani, E & Fisher, P, 2013. "Dif-in-dif estimators of multiplicative treatment effects," Economics Discussion Papers 8973, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Fisher, Paul & Ciani, Emanuele, 2014. "Dif-in-dif estimators of multiplicative treatment effects," ISER Working Paper Series 2014-14, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Emanuele Ciani & Paul Fisher, 2014. "Dif-in-dif estimators of multiplicative treatment effects," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 985, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Marcio M. Janot & Márcio G. P. Garcia, 2017. "Foreign Currency Debt and Fixed Exchange Rate Regimes: the importance of implicit guarantees against currency devaluations," Working Papers Series 459, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Georgios Voucharas & Dimitrios Xefteris, 2018. "Women's Political Power and Environmental Outcomes," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 07-2018, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Minasyan, Anna & Nunnenkamp, Peter & Richert, Katharina, 2017.
"Does Aid Effectiveness Depend on the Quality of Donors?,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 16-30.
- Minasyan, Anna & Nunnenkamp, Peter & Richert, Katharina, 2016. "Does aid effectiveness depend on the quality of donors?," Kiel Working Papers 2046, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Junpyo Park & John Anderson & Eric Thompson, 2019. "Land-Use, Crop Choice, and Proximity to Ethanol Plants," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(8), pages 1-14, July.
- Christian Almer & Stefan Boes & Stephan Nuesch, 2013. "How do Housing Prices Adjust After an Environmental Shock? Evidence from a State-Mandated Change in Aircraft Noise Exposure," Department of Economics Working Papers 11/12, University of Bath, Department of Economics.
- Christian Volpe Martincus, 2010. "Odyssey in International Markets: An Assessment of the Effectiveness of Export Promotion in Latin America and the Caribbean," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 16458, February.
- Lechner, Michael, 2011.
"The Estimation of Causal Effects by Difference-in-Difference Methods,"
Foundations and Trends(R) in Econometrics, now publishers, vol. 4(3), pages 165-224, November.
- Michael Lechner, 2010. "The Estimation of Causal Effects by Difference-in-Difference Methods," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2010 2010-28, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen, revised Oct 2011.
- repec:tul:wpaper:1506 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ting Ye & Luke Keele & Raiden Hasegawa & Dylan S. Small, 2020. "A Negative Correlation Strategy for Bracketing in Difference-in-Differences," Papers 2006.02423, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2021.
- Juan M. Villa, 2014. "Social Transfers and Growth: The Missing Evidence from Luminosity Data," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2014-090, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Hummy Song & Anita L. Tucker & Karen L. Murrell & David R. Vinsonc, 2018. "Closing the Productivity Gap: Improving Worker Productivity Through Public Relative Performance Feedback and Validation of Best Practices," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 64(6), pages 2628-2649, June.
- Julian Donaubauer & Peter Nunnenkamp, 2016.
"Is Aid for Infrastructure Effective? A Difference-in-Difference-in-Differences Approach,"
Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(2), pages 857-870.
- Donaubauer, Julian & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 2016. "Is aid for infrastructure effective? A difference-in-difference-in-differences approach," Kiel Working Papers 2034, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Luigi Donato & Anna Saporito & Alessandro Scognamiglio, 2013. "Businesses seized from organized crime groups: their relations with the banking system," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 202, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Villas-Boas, Sofia B, 2020. "Reduced Form Evidence on Belief Updating Under Asymmetric Information," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt08c456vk, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Jing Dong & Elad Yom-Tov & Galit B. Yom-Tov, 2019. "The Impact of Delay Announcements on Hospital Network Coordination and Waiting Times," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 67(5), pages 1969-1994, May.
- Pierre Lefebvre & Philip Merrigan, 2005. "The Québec's Experiment of $5 per Day per Child Childcare Policy and Mother's Labour Supply: Evidence Based on the Five Cycles of the NLSCY," CIRANO Project Reports 2005rp-21, CIRANO.
- Jasper Grashuis, 2019. "Spatial Competition in the Iowa Corn Market: Informing the Pricing Behavior of Corporate and Cooperative Grain Merchants," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(4), pages 1-13, February.
More about this item
KeywordsLand Economics/Use; Production Economics; Research Methods/ Statistical Methods; Resource /Energy Economics and Policy;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea15:205877. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.