Court Ordered Desegregation: Successes and Failures Integrating American Schools since Brown versus Board of Education
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Clotfelter, Charles T., 1979. "Urban school desegregation and declines in white enrollment: A reexamination," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 352-370, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:tul:wpaper:1506 is not listed on IDEAS
- Murray, Thomas J., 2016. "Public or private? The influence of immigration on native schooling choices in the United States," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 268-283.
- Nathaniel Baum-Snow & Byron F. Lutz, 2011.
"School Desegregation, School Choice, and Changes in Residential Location Patterns by Race,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(7), pages 3019-3046, December.
- Nathaniel Baum-Snow & Byron F. Lutz, 2008. "School desegregation, school choice and changes in residential location patterns by race," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2008-57, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- David Card & Alexandre Mas & Jesse Rothstein, 2008. "Tipping and the Dynamics of Segregation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 123(1), pages 177-218.
- Harding, Matthew & Hsiaw, Alice, 2014. "Goal setting and energy conservation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 107(PA), pages 209-227.
- Stephen B. Billings & David J. Deming & Jonah E. Rockoff, 2012. "School Segregation, Educational Attainment and Crime: Evidence from the end of busing in Charlotte-Mecklenburg," NBER Working Papers 18487, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:regeco:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:198-212 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mariana Lopes da Fonseca, 2016. "Candid Lame Ducks," CESifo Working Paper Series 5773, CESifo Group Munich.
- Robert Bifulco & Leonard M. Lopoo & Sun Jung Oh, 2013. "The Effects of School Desegregation on Teenage Fertility," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 157, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Peter Leopold S. Bergman, 2016. "The Effects of School Integration: Evidence from a Randomized Desegregation Program," CESifo Working Paper Series 6119, CESifo Group Munich.
- Arora, Gaurav & Wolter, Peter T. & Feng, Hongli & Hennessy, David A., 2015.
"Role of Ethanol Plants in Dakotas’ Land Use Change: Analysis Using Remotely Sensed Data,"
2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California
205877, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Arora, Gaurav & Wolter, Peter T. & Feng, Hongli & Hennessy, David A., 2015. "Role of Ethanol Plants in Dakotas’ Land Use Change: Analysis Using Remotely Sensed Data," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 206565, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Michael Spanbauer, 2018. "Effect of Waterborne Uranium Exposure on Human Capital Endowment Proxies," Working Papers 1807, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Kertesi, Gábor & Kézdi, Gábor, 2009.
"Általános iskolai szegregáció Magyarországon az ezredforduló után
[Primary school segregation in Hungary at the turn of the century]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(11), pages 959-1000.
- Eric A. Hanushek & John F. Kain & Steven G. Rivkin, 2009.
"New Evidence about Brown v. Board of Education: The Complex Effects of School Racial Composition on Achievement,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(3), pages 349-383, July.
- Eric A. Hanushek & John F. Kain & Steven G. Rivkin, 2002. "New Evidence about Brown v. Board of Education: The Complex Effects of School Racial Composition on Achievement," NBER Working Papers 8741, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Moizeau, Fabien, 2015.
"Dynamics of social norms in the city,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 70-87.
- Fabien Moizeau, 2013. "Dynamics of Social Norms in the City," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201315, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Fabien Moizeau, 2015. "Dynamics of social norms in the city," Post-Print halshs-01114139, HAL.
- Hugh Macartney & John D. Singleton, 2017. "School Boards and Student Segregation," NBER Working Papers 23619, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hinrichs, Peter, 2014.
"An Empirical Analysis of Racial Segregation in Higher Education,"
1435, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Peter Hinrichs, 2015. "An Empirical Analysis of Racial Segregation in Higher Education," NBER Working Papers 21831, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Card & Jesse Rothstein, 2005. "Racial Segregation and the Black-White Test Score Gap," Working Papers 879, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:jhriss:v:40:y:2005:i:2:p559-590. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://jhr.uwpress.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.