Sources of Productivity Growth in Wheat: A Review of Recent Performance and Medium- to Long-Term Prospects
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Liefert, William M., 1995. "The Farm Input "Crisis" in the Former Soviet Union: What to Do?," Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm, and Resource Issues, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 10(4), pages 1-2.
- Aly, Hassan Y. & Belbase, Krishna P. & Grabowski, Richard & Kraft, Steven E., 1987.
"The Technical Efficiency Of Illinois Grain Farms: An Application Of A Ray-Homothetic Production Function,"
Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(1), pages 1-10, July.
- Aly, Hassan Y. & Belbase, Krishna & Grabowski, Richard & Kraft, Steven, 1987. "The Technical Efficiency of Illinois Grain Farms: An Application of a Ray-Homothetic Production Function," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 69-78, July.
- Morris, Michael L. & Smale, Melinda, 1997. "Organization and Performance of National Maize Seed Industries: A New Institutionalist Perspective," Economics Working Papers 7698, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Tyers, Rod, 1994. "Economic reform in Europe and the former Soviet Union: implications for international food markets," Research reports 99, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Byerlee, Derek & Siddiq, Akmal, 1994. "Has the green revolution been sustained? The quantitative impact of the seed-fertilizer revolution in Pakistan revisited," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 1345-1361, September.
- S.R. Johnson & Aziz Bouzaher & Alicia Carriquiry & Helen Jensen & P.G. Lakshminarayan, 1994.
"Production Efficiency and Agricultural Reform in Ukraine,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(3), pages 629-635.
- Johnson, Stanley R. & Bouzaher, Aziz & Carriquiry, Alicia L. & Jensen, Helen H. & Lakshminarayan, P. G., 1994. "Production Efficiency and Agricultural Reform in Ukraine," Staff General Research Papers Archive 757, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lynam, John K. & Herdt, Robert W., 1989. "Sense and sustainability: Sustainability as an objective in international agricultural research," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 3(4), pages 381-398, December.
- Battese, George E., 1992. "Frontier production functions and technical efficiency: a survey of empirical applications in agricultural economics," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 7(3-4), pages 185-208, October.
- Knudson, Mary K. & Ruttan, Vernon W., 1988. "Research and Development of a Biological Innovation: Commercial Hybrid Wheat," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute, vol. 21(1), pages 1-24.
- Greg Traxler & Jose Falck-Zepeda & J.I. Ortiz-Monasterio R. & Ken Sayre, 1995. "Production Risk and the Evolution of Varietal Technology," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 77(1), pages 1-7.
- Alexandratos, Nikos, 1996. "China's projected cereals deficits in a world context," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 15(1), pages 1-16, September.
- Derek Byerlee, 1993. "Technical Change and Returns to Wheat Breeding Research in Pakistan's Punjab in the Post-Green Revolution Period," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 32(1), pages 69-86.
- Abdul Salam, 1976. "Resource Productivity in the Punjab's Agriculture," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 15(2), pages 115-133.
- Azhar, Rauf A, 1991. "Education and Technical Efficiency during the Green Revolution in Pakistan," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(3), pages 651-665, April.
- Barnum, Howard N & Squire, Lyn, 1978. "Technology and Relative Economic Efficiency," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(2), pages 181-198, July.
- Bliss, C. J. & Stern, N. H., 1982. "Palanpur: The Economy of an Indian Village," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284192.
- Schultz, Theodore W, 1975. "The Value of the Ability to Deal with Disequilibria," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 827-846, September.
- Brennan, John P., 1989. "An Analysis Of The Economic Potential Of Some Innovations In A Wheat Breeding Programme," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 33(1), pages 1-8, April.
- Anderson, Jock R. & Feder, Gershon, 2007. "Agricultural Extension," Handbook of Agricultural Economics, in: Robert Evenson & Prabhu Pingali (ed.),Handbook of Agricultural Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 44, pages 2343-2378, Elsevier.
- Pardey, Philip G. & Alston, Julian M. & Christian, Jason E. & Fan, Shenggen, 1996. "Summary of a productive partnership: the benefits from U.S. participation in the CGIAR," EPTD discussion papers 18, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Prabhu L. Pingali, 1997. "From Subsistence to Commercial Production Systems: The Transformation of Asian Agriculture," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 628-634.
- Jamison, Dean T. & Moock, Peter R., 1984. "Farmer education and farm efficiency in Nepal: The role of schooling, extension services, and cognitive skills," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 67-86, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thirtle, Colin G. & Srinivasan, Chittur S. & Heisey, Paul W., 2001. "Public Sector Plant Breeding In A Privatizing World," Agricultural Information Bulletins 33775, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Heisey, Paul W. & Lantican, Maximina A. & Dubin, H. Jesse, 2002. "Impacts of International Wheat Breeding Research in Developing Countries, 1966-97," Impact Studies 7653, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Munir Ahmad & Ghulam Mustafa Chaudhry & Mohammad Iqbal, 2002.
"Wheat Productivity, Efficiency, and Sustainability: A Stochastic Production Frontier Analysis,"
The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 41(4), pages 643-663.
- Ahmad, Munir & Chaudhry, Ghulam Mustafa & Iqbal, Muhammad, 2002. "Wheat Productivity, Efficiency, and Sustainability: A Stochastic Production Frontier Analysis," MPRA Paper 3672, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2002.
- Vijesh Krishna & Prakashan Veettil, 2015. "Productivity and Efficiency Impacts of Zero Tillage Wheat in Northwest Indo-Gangetic Plains," Working Papers id:7716, eSocialSciences.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:cimmew:7693. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cimmymx.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.