The Changing Structure of Retail Food Stores, Direct Marketing (DM) and Its Impact on Farmers’ Financial Performance
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Julie Guthman, 2004. "Back to the land: the paradox of organic food standards," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 36(3), pages 511-528, March.
- Uematsu, Hiroki & Mishra, Ashok K., 2011.
"Use of Direct Marketing Strategies by Farmers and Their Impact on Farm Business Income,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 40(1), pages 1-19, April.
- Uematsu, Hiroki & Mishra, Ashok K., 2011. "Use of Direct Marketing Strategies by Farmers and Their Impact on Farm Business Income," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(01), pages 1-19, April.
- Park, Timothy A., 2015. "Direct Marketing and the Structure of Farm Sales: An Unconditional Quantile Regression Approach," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 40(2), pages 1-19, May.
- Martinez, Stephen W. & Hand, Michael S. & Da Pra, Michelle & Pollack, Susan L. & Ralston, Katherine L. & Smith, Travis A. & Vogel, Stephen J. & Clark, Shellye & Lohr, Luanne & Low, Sarah A. & Newman, , 2010.
"Local Food Systems: Concepts, Impacts, and Issues,"
Economic Research Report
96635, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Martinez, Steve & Hand, Michael & Da Pra, Michelle & Pollack, Susan & Ralston, Katherine & Smith, Travis & Vogel, Stephen & Clarke, Shellye & Lohr, Luanne & Low, Sarah & Newman, Constance, 2010. "Local food systems: concepts, impacts, and issues," MPRA Paper 24313, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Monson, Joseph & Mainville, Denise Y. & Kuminoff, Nicolai V., 2008. "The Decision to Direct Market: An Analysis of Small Fruit and Specialty-Product Markets in Virginia," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 39(2), pages 1-11, July.
- Deb, Partha & Trivedi, Pravin K., 2006.
"Maximum simulated likelihood estimation of a negative binomial regression model with multinomial endogenous treatment,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 6(2), pages 1-10.
- Partha Deb & Pravin K. Trivedi, 2006. "Maximum simulated likelihood estimation of a negative binomial regression model with multinomial endogenous treatment," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 6(2), pages 246-255, June.
- Brian L. Buhr, 2004. "Case Studies of Direct Marketing Value-Added Pork Products in a Commodity Market," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 26(2), pages 266-279.
- Govindasamy, Ramu & Italia, John & Thatch, Daymon W., 1998. "Consumer Awareness Of State-Sponsored Marketing Programs: An Evaluation Of The Jersey Fresh Program," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 29(3), pages 1-9, November.
- Edward Vytlacil & James J. Heckman, 2001. "Policy-Relevant Treatment Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 107-111, May.
- Kameshwari Pothukuchi & Jerome Kaufman, 1999. "Placing the food system on the urban agenda: The role of municipal institutions in food systems planning," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 16(2), pages 213-224, June.
- Timothy Park & Ashok K. Mishra & Shawn J. Wozniak, 2014. "Do farm operators benefit from direct to consumer marketing strategies?," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(2), pages 213-224, March.
- Park, Timothy A., 2009. "Assessing the Returns from Organic Marketing Channels," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 34(3), pages 1-15, December.
- Kim Darby & Marvin T. Batte & Stan Ernst & Brian Roe, 2008. "Decomposing Local: A Conjoint Analysis of Locally Produced Foods," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(2), pages 476-486.
- Brown, Cheryl & Gandee, Jesse E. & D'Souza, Gerard E., 2006. "West Virginia Farm Direct Marketing: A County Level Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 38(3), pages 1-10, December.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:15:y:2008:i:3:p:127-143 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Cheryl & Gandee, Jesse E. & D'Souza, Gerard, 2006. "West Virginia Farm Direct Marketing: A County Level Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(03), pages 575-584, December.
- Joshua D. Detre & Tyler B. Mark & Ashok K. Mishra & Arun Adhikari, 2011. "Linkage between direct marketing and farm income: a double‐hurdle approach," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(1), pages 19-33, Winter.
- Wolf, Marianne McGarry, 1997. "A Target Consumer Profile And Positioning For Promotion Of The Direct Marketing Of Fresh Produce: A Case Study," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 28(3), pages 1-7, October.
More about this item
KeywordsAgribusiness; Agricultural and Food Policy; Agricultural Finance; Community/Rural/Urban Development; Consumer/Household Economics; Demand and Price Analysis; Farm Management; Financial Economics; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; Food Security and Poverty; International Development; International Relations/Trade; Labor and Human Capital; Production Economics; Productivity Analysis; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies; Research Methods/ Statistical Methods;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2016-06-09 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2016-06-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-MKT-2016-06-09 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea16:235736. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.