South African Economic Policy under Democracy
- Aron, Janine(Research Fellow, CSAE, Department of Economics, Oxford University)Kahn, Brian(Senior Deputy Head of the Research Department, South African Reserve Bank)Kingdon, Geeta(Professor, Institute of Education, London University)
AbstractSouth Africa experienced a momentous change of government from the Apartheid regime to its first democratic government in 1994. This book provides an up-to-date and comprehensive assessment of South Africa's economic policies and performance under democracy. The book includes a stand-alone introduction and economic overview, as well as chapters on growth, monetary and exchange rate policy and fiscal policy, on capital flows and trade policy, on investment and industrial and competition policy, on the effect of AIDs in the macroeconomy, and on unemployment, education and inequality and poverty. Each chapter, and the overview chapter in particular, also addresses prospects for the future. Contributors to this volume - Tania Ajam (AFREC and Financial and Fiscal Commission of South Africa) Janine Aron (University of Oxford) Servaas van der Berg (University of Stellenbosch) Anthony Black (University of Cape Town) Rashad Cassim (Statistics South Africa) Lawrence Edwards (University of Cape Town) Linette Ellis (University of Stellenbosch) Dirk Ernst van Seventer (TIPS, South Africa) Johannes W. Fedderke (University of Cape Town) Brian Kahn (South African Reserve Bank) Geeta Kingdon (University of London) John Knight (University of Oxford) Jonathan Leape (London School of Economics) Murray Leibbrandt (University of Cape Town) John Muellbauer (University of Oxford) Stan Du Plessis (University of Stellenbosch) Simon Roberts (Competition Commission of South Africa) Ben Smit (University of Stellenbosch) Lynne Thomas (London School of Economics) Christopher Woolard (University of Cape Town) Ingrid Woolard (University of Cape Town)
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rahul Anand & Siddharth Kothari & Naresh Kumar, 2016. "South Africa; Labor Market Dynamics and Inequality," IMF Working Papers 16/137, International Monetary Fund.
- Janine Aron & John n. j. Muellbauer & Coen Pretorius, 2009. "A Stochastic Estimation Framework For Components Of The South African Consumer Price Index," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 77(2), pages 282-313, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxp:obooks:9780199551460. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing). General contact details of provider: http://www.oup.com/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .