Carbon related taxation policies for road transport: Efficacy of ownership and usage taxes, and the role of public transport and motorist cost perception on policy outcomes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ó Gallachóir, Brian P. & Howley, Martin & Cunningham, Stephen & Bazilian, Morgan, 2009. "How private car purchasing trends offset efficiency gains and the successful energy policy response," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 3790-3802, October.
- Hennessy, Hugh & Tol, Richard S.J., 2011.
"The impact of tax reform on new car purchases in Ireland,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 7059-7067.
- Hennessy, Hugh & Tol, Richard S. J., 2010. "The Impact of Tax Reform on New Car Purchases in Ireland," Papers WP349, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- de Jong, Gerard & Gunn, Hugh & Ben-Akiva, Moshe, 2004. "A meta-model for passenger and freight transport in Europe," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 329-344, October.
- Callan, Tim & Lyons, Sean & Scott, Susan & Tol, Richard S.J. & Verde, Stefano, 2009.
"The distributional implications of a carbon tax in Ireland,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 407-412, February.
- Tim Callan & Sean Lyons & Sue Scott & Richard S. J. Tol & Stefano Verde, 2008. "The Distributional Implications of a Carbon Tax in Ireland," Papers WP250, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Sterner, Thomas, 2007. "Fuel taxes: An important instrument for climate policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3194-3202, June.
- N/A, 2009. "World Investment Report 2009: Overview," Foreign Trade Review, , vol. 44(3), pages 81-105, October.
- Proost, Stef & Delhaye, Eef & Nijs, Wouter & Regemorter, Denise Van, 2009. "Will a radical transport pricing reform jeopardize the ambitious EU climate change objectives?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 3863-3871, October.
- AfDB AfDB, . "African Development Report 2008/2009," African Development Report, African Development Bank, number 25 edited by Adeleke Oluwole Salami.
- Clinch, J. Peter & Dunne, Louise & Dresner, Simon, 2006. "Environmental and wider implications of political impediments to environmental tax reform," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 960-970, May.
- Muthukrishnan, Subhashini, 2010. "Vehicle ownership and usage charges," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 398-408, November.
- Grepperud, Sverre & Rasmussen, Ingeborg, 2004. "A general equilibrium assessment of rebound effects," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 261-282, March.
- Meyer, I. & Wessely, S., 2009. "Fuel efficiency of the Austrian passenger vehicle fleet--Analysis of trends in the technological profile and related impacts on CO2 emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 3779-3789, October.
- AfDB AfDB, 2009. "MDG Report 2009 - Full Report," MDG Report 99, African Development Bank.
- Parry, Ian W.H., 2007.
"Are the costs of reducing greenhouse gases from passenger vehicles negative?,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 273-293, September.
- Parry, Ian W.H., 2006. "Are the Costs of Reducing Greenhouse Gases from Passenger Vehicles Negative?," Discussion Papers dp-06-14-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Giblin, S. & McNabola, A., 2009. "Modelling the impacts of a carbon emission-differentiated vehicle tax system on CO2 emissions intensity from new vehicle purchases in Ireland," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1404-1411, April.
- Gallo, Mariano, 2011. "A fuel surcharge policy for reducing road traffic greenhouse gas emissions," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 413-424, March.
- Ryan, Lisa & Ferreira, Susana & Convery, Frank, 2009. "The impact of fiscal and other measures on new passenger car sales and CO2 emissions intensity: Evidence from Europe," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 365-374, May.
- Stanley, John K. & Hensher, David A. & Loader, Chris, 2011. "Road transport and climate change: Stepping off the greenhouse gas," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 45(10), pages 1020-1030.
- Kunert, Uwe & Kuhfeld, Hartmut, 2007.
"The diverse structures of passenger car taxation in Europe and the EU Commissions proposal for reform,"
Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 306-316, July.
- Uwe Kunert & Hartmut Kuhfeld, 2006. "The Diverse Structures of Passenger Car Taxation in Europe and the EU Commissions Proposal for Reform," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 589, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Fulton, Lew & Cazzola, Pierpaolo & Cuenot, François, 2009. "IEA Mobility Model (MoMo) and its use in the ETP 2008," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 3758-3768, October.
- De Jong, G. C., 1990. "An indirect utility model of car ownership and private car use," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 971-985, July.
- Rogan, Fionn & Dennehy, Emer & Daly, Hannah & Howley, Martin & Ó Gallachóir, Brian P., 2011. "Impacts of an emission based private car taxation policy - First year ex-post analysis," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 45(7), pages 583-597, August.
- Brand, Christian & Tran, Martino & Anable, Jillian, 2012. "The UK transport carbon model: An integrated life cycle approach to explore low carbon futures," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 107-124.
- Proost, Stef & Van Dender, Kurt, 2001. "The welfare impacts of alternative policies to address atmospheric pollution in urban road transport," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 383-411, July.
- Schafer, Andreas & Jacoby, Henry D., 2006. "Vehicle technology under CO2 constraint: a general equilibrium analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 975-985, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alberto Gago & Xavier Labandeira & Xiral López Otero, 2014. "A Panorama on Energy Taxes and Green Tax Reforms," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 208(1), pages 145-190, March.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:71:y:2018:i:c:p:159-173 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jian Wang & Libing Chi & Xiaowei Hu & Hongfei Zhou, 2014. "Urban Traffic Congestion Pricing Model with the Consideration of Carbon Emissions Cost," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(2), pages 1-16, February.
- Fridstrøm, Lasse & Østli, Vegard, 2017. "The vehicle purchase tax as a climate policy instrument," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 168-189.
More about this item
KeywordsTransport; Fleet; Welfare; Emission; Carbon; Taxation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:22:y:2012:i:c:p:57-69. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.