Will a radical transport pricing reform jeopardize the ambitious EU climate change objectives?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Proost, S. & Van Dender, K. & Courcelle, C. & De Borger, B. & Peirson, J. & Sharp, D. & Vickerman, R. & Gibbons, E. & O'Mahony, M. & Heaney, Q. & Van den Bergh, J. & Verhoef, E., 2002.
"How large is the gap between present and efficient transport prices in Europe?,"
Elsevier, pages 41-57.
- Stef Proost & Kurt Van Dender & Christoph Courcelle & John Peirson & Duncan Sharp, 2001. "How large is the gap between present and efficient transport prices in Europe?," Chapters,in: Reforming Transport Pricing in the European Union, chapter 17 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Stef Proost & Kurt Van Dender & C. Courcelle & B. De Borger & J. Peirson & D. Sharp & R. Vickerman & E. Gibbons & M. O'Mahony & Q. Heaney & J. Van den Bergh & E. Verhoef, 2001. "How large is the gap between present and efficient transport prices in Europe?," Energy, Transport and Environment Working Papers Series ete0120, KU Leuven, Department of Economics - Research Group Energy, Transport and Environment.
- Mayeres, Inge & Proost, Stef, 2001.
"Marginal tax reform, externalities and income distribution,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, pages 343-363.
- Inge Mayeres & Stef Proost, 1998. "Marginal Tax Reform, Externalities and Income Distribution," Working Papers Department of Economics ces9832, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Dreyfus, Mark K & Viscusi, W Kip, 1995. "Rates of Time Preference and Consumer Valuations of Automobile Safety and Fuel Efficiency," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 38(1), pages 79-105, April.
- S. Proost & D. Regemorter, 1995. "The double dividend and the role of inequality aversion and macroeconomic regimes," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 2(2), pages 207-219, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Santos, Georgina & Behrendt, Hannah & Maconi, Laura & Shirvani, Tara & Teytelboym, Alexander, 2010. "Part I: Externalities and economic policies in road transport," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 2-45.
- Eliasson, Jonas & Proost, Stef, 2015.
"Is sustainable transport policy sustainable?,"
Elsevier, pages 92-100.
- Eliasson, Jonas & Proost, Stef, 2014. "Is sustainable transport policy sustainable?," Working papers in Transport Economics 2014:2, CTS - Centre for Transport Studies Stockholm (KTH and VTI), revised 29 Sep 2014.
- Jonas ELIASSON & Stefan PROOST, 2014. "Is sustainable transport policy sustainable?," Working Papers Department of Economics ces14.17, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Mayeres, Inge & Proost, Stef, 2013. "The taxation of diesel cars in Belgium – revisited," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 33-41.
- van Vliet, Oscar & van den Broek, Machteld & Turkenburg, Wim & Faaij, André, 2011. "Combining hybrid cars and synthetic fuels with electricity generation and carbon capture and storage," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 248-268, January.
- Fu, Miao & Andrew Kelly, J., 2012. "Carbon related taxation policies for road transport: Efficacy of ownership and usage taxes, and the role of public transport and motorist cost perception on policy outcomes," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 57-69.
- Flachsland, Christian & Brunner, Steffen & Edenhofer, Ottmar & Creutzig, Felix, 2011.
"Climate policies for road transport revisited (II): Closing the policy gap with cap-and-trade,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 2100-2110, April.
- Christian Flachsland & Steffen Brunner & Ottmar Edenhofer & Felix Creutzig, 2010. "Climate policies for road transport revisited (II): Closing the policy gap with cap-and-trade," Working Papers 2, Department of Climate Change Economics, TU Berlin.
- Montag, Josef, 2015.
"The simple economics of motor vehicle pollution: A case for fuel tax,"
Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 138-149.
- Montag, Josef, 2015. "The Simple Economics of Motor Vehicle Pollution: A Case for Fuel Tax," MPRA Paper 64524, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Montag, Josef, 2015. "The Simple Economics of Motor Vehicle Pollution: A Case for Fuel Tax," MPRA Paper 64398, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsFuel taxes Climate change Car technologies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:37:y:2009:i:10:p:3863-3871. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.