The failure of new entrants in commercial banking markets: a split-population duration analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wheelock, David C & Wilson, Paul W, 1995.
"Explaining Bank Failures: Deposit Insurance, Regulation, and Efficiency,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 77(4), pages 689-700, November.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 1993. "Explaining bank failures: deposit insurance, regulation, and efficiency," Working Papers 1993-002, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- DeYoung, Robert & Hasan, Iftekhar, 1998. "The performance of de novo commercial banks: A profit efficiency approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 565-587, May.
- Schmidt, Peter & Witte, Ann Dryden, 1989.
"Predicting criminal recidivism using 'split population' survival time models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 141-159, January.
- Peter Schmidt & Ann Dryden Witte, 1987. "Predicting Criminal Recidivism Using "Split Population" Survival Time Models," NBER Working Papers 2445, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- DeYoung, Robert & Goldberg, Lawrence G. & White, Lawrence J., 1999.
"Youth, adolescence, and maturity of banks: Credit availability to small business in an era of banking consolidation,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2-4), pages 463-492, February.
- Robert DeYoung & Lawrence G. Goldberg & Lawrence J. White, 1997. "Youth, Adolescence, and Maturity of Banks: Credit Availability to Small Business in an Era of Banking Consolidation," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 98-025, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- DeYoung, Robert, 2003. " De Novo Bank Exit," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(5), pages 711-728, October.
- Enrico Santarelli, 2000. "The duration of new firms in banking: an application of Cox regression analysis," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 315-325.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- DeYoung, Robert & Torna, Gökhan, 2013. "Nontraditional banking activities and bank failures during the financial crisis," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 397-421.
- Guo Li & Lee Sanning & Sherrill Shaffer, 2009. "Statistical Opacity In The U.S. Banking Industry," CAMA Working Papers 2009-16, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Ergungor, O. Emre, 2005. "The profitability of bank-borrower relationships," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 485-512, October.
- Isik, Ihsan, 2008. "Productivity, technology and efficiency of de novo banks: A counter evidence from Turkey," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 427-442, December.
- Koetter, M. & Bos, J.W.B. & Heid, F. & Kolari, J.W. & Kool, C.J.M. & Porath, D., 2007.
"Accounting for distress in bank mergers,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 3200-3217, October.
- Koetter, Michael & Bos, Jaap W. B. & Heid, Frank & Kool, Clemens J. M. & Kolari, James W. & Porath, Daniel, 2005. "Accounting for distress in bank mergers," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2005,09, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Kick, Thomas & Koetter, Michael, 2007.
"Slippery slopes of stress: Ordered failure events in German banking,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 132-148, July.
- Koetter, Michael & Kick, Thomas, 2007. "Slippery slopes of stress: ordered failure events in German banking," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2007,03, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Turk Ariss, Rima, 2010. "On the implications of market power in banking: Evidence from developing countries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 765-775, April.
- Moriizumi, Yoko & Naoi, Michio, 2011.
"Unemployment risk and the timing of homeownership in Japan,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 227-235, May.
- Yoko Moriizumi & Michio Naoi, 2008. "Unemployment Risk and the Timing of Homeownership in Japan," Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Discussion Paper Series 2008-026, Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Program.
- Yongil Jeon & Stephen M. Miller, 2007. "Births, Deaths, And Marriages In The U.S. Commercial Banking Industry," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 45(2), pages 325-341, April.
- Kick, Thomas & Koetter, Michael & Poghosyan, Tigran, 2010.
"Recovery determinants of distressed banks: Regulators, market discipline, or the environment?,"
Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies
2010,02, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Michael Koetter & Tigran Poghosyan & Thomas Kick, 2010. "Recovery Determinants of Distressed Banks; Regulators, Market Discipline, or the Environment?," IMF Working Papers 10/27, International Monetary Fund.
- Robert DeYoung & Evren Örs, 2004. "Advertising and pricing at multiple-output firms: evidence from U.S. thrift institutions," Working Paper Series WP-04-25, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Gazi Kara & Cindy M. Vojtech, 2017. "Bank Failures, Capital Buffers, and Exposure to the Housing Market Bubble," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-115, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Maghyereh, Aktham I. & Awartani, Basel, 2014. "Bank distress prediction: Empirical evidence from the Gulf Cooperation Council countries," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 126-147.
- Vincent Bouvatier & Michael Brei & Xi Yang, 2014. "Bank Failures and the Source of Strength Doctrine," EconomiX Working Papers 2014-15, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Bos, J.W.B. & Koetter, M. & Kolari, J.W. & Kool, C.J.M., 2009. "Effects of heterogeneity on bank efficiency scores," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 195(1), pages 251-261, May.
- Goldhaber, Dan & Krieg, John & Theobald, Roddy, 2014. "Knocking on the door to the teaching profession? Modeling the entry of prospective teachers into the workforce," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 106-124.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:revfin:v:12:y:2003:i:1:p:7-33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620170 .