Industry growth and the knowledge spillover regime: Does outsourcing harm innovativeness but help profit?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Saxenian, AnnaLee, 1991. "The origins and dynamics of production networks in Silicon Valley," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 423-437, October.
- Roy, Subroto & Sivakumar, K., 2010. "Innovation generation in upstream and downstream business relationships," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(12), pages 1356-1363, December.
- Xiaohui Liu & Jiangyong Lu & Igor Filatotchev & Trevor Buck & Mike Wright, 2010. "Returnee entrepreneurs, knowledge spillovers and innovation in high-tech firms in emerging economies," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 41(7), pages 1183-1197, September.
- Johnsen, Thomas & Phillips, Wendy & Caldwell, Nigel & Lewis, Michael, 2006. "Centrality of customer and supplier interaction in innovation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(6), pages 671-678, June.
- Thomas Hellmann & Enrico Perotti, 2011.
"The Circulation of Ideas in Firms and Markets,"
INFORMS, vol. 57(10), pages 1813-1826, October.
- Thomas Hellman & Enrico Perotti, 2010. "The Circulation of Ideas in Firms and Markets," Working Papers 2010.47, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Thomas F. Hellmann & Enrico C. Perotti, 2011. "The Circulation of Ideas in Firms and Markets," NBER Working Papers 16943, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cooper, David P., 2001. "Innovation and reciprocal externalities: information transmission via job mobility," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 403-425, August.
- Pavitt, Keith, 1984. "Sectoral patterns of technical change: Towards a taxonomy and a theory," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 343-373, December.
- Gilles Duranton & Diego Puga, 2001.
"Nursery Cities: Urban Diversity, Process Innovation, and the Life Cycle of Products,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1454-1477, December.
- Gilles Duranton & Diego Puga, 2000. "Nursery Cities: Urban Diversity, Process Innovation and the Life-Cycle of Products," CEP Discussion Papers dp0445, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2000. "Nursery cities: urban diversity, process innovation and the life-cycle of products," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20204, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2000. "Nursery Cities: Urban Diversity, Process Innovation, and the Life-Cycle of Products," CEPR Discussion Papers 2376, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gilles Duranton & Diego Puga, 2000. "Nursery Cities: Urban diversity, process innovation, and the life-cycle of products," Working Papers dpuga-00-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Beneito, Pilar, 2006. "The innovative performance of in-house and contracted R&D in terms of patents and utility models," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 502-517, May.
- Breschi, Stefano & Lissoni, Francesco, 2001.
"Knowledge Spillovers and Local Innovation Systems: A Critical Survey,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 975-1005, December.
- Breschi, Stefano & Lissoni, Francesco, 2000. "Knowledge Spillovers And Local Innovation Systems: A Critical Survey," ERSA conference papers ersa00p362, European Regional Science Association.
- Stefano Breschi & Francesco Lissoni, 2001. "Knowledge spillovers and local innovation systems: a critical survey," LIUC Papers in Economics 84, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- Saviotti, Pier Paolo, 1998. "On the dynamics of appropriability, of tacit and of codified knowledge," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(7-8), pages 843-856, April.
- Reuer, Jeffrey J. & Shen, Jung-Chin, 2004. "Sequential divestiture through initial public offerings," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 249-266, June.
- Rosenthal, Stuart S. & Strange, William C., 2004. "Evidence on the nature and sources of agglomeration economies," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: J. V. Henderson & J. F. Thisse (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 49, pages 2119-2171 Elsevier.
- Wagner, Alfred, 1891. "Marshall's Principles of Economics," History of Economic Thought Articles, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 5, pages 319-338.
- Müller, Kathrin & Peters, Bettina, 2010. "Churning of R&D personnel and innovation," ZEW Discussion Papers 10-032, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Chris Hendry & James Brown & Robert Defillippi, 2000. "Regional Clustering of High Technology-based Firms: Opto-electronics in Three Countries," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 129-144.
- McGahan, Anita M. & Silverman, Brian S., 2001. "How does innovative activity change as industries mature?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(7), pages 1141-1160, July.
- Michael E. Porter, 2000. "Location, Competition, and Economic Development: Local Clusters in a Global Economy," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 14(1), pages 15-34, February.
- Chua, Ai Ling & Pan, Shan L., 2008. "Knowledge transfer and organizational learning in IS offshore sourcing," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 267-281, April.
- Ragin, Charles C., 2000. "Fuzzy-Set Social Science," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 1, number 9780226702773.
- De Bondt, Raymond, 1997. "Spillovers and innovative activities," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 1-28, February.
- Audretsch, D-B & Menkveld, A-J & Thurik, A-R, 1996. "The Decision Between Internal and External R&D," Papers 9603/e, NEUHUYS - RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM.
- Philip McCann & Jaakko Simonen, 2005. "Innovation, knowledge spillovers and local labour markets," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 84(3), pages 465-485, August.
- John E. Ettlie, 1980. "Manpower Flows and the Innovation Process," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(11), pages 1086-1095, November.
- Frank Neffke & Martin Henning & Ron Boschma & Karl-Johan Lundquist & Lars-Olof Olander, 2011. "The Dynamics of Agglomeration Externalities along the Life Cycle of Industries," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(1), pages 49-65.
- Woodside, Arch G. & Hsu, Shih-Yun & Marshall, Roger, 2011. "General theory of cultures' consequences on international tourism behavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(8), pages 785-799, August.
- von Hippel, Eric, 1987. "Cooperation between rivals: Informal know-how trading," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 291-302, December.
- Jeremy Howells, 1999. "Research and Technology Outsourcing and Innovation Systems: an Exploratory Analysis," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 111-129.
- Gilbert, Brett Anitra & McDougall, Patricia P. & Audretsch, David B., 2008. "Clusters, knowledge spillovers and new venture performance: An empirical examination," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 405-422, July.
- repec:ucp:bkecon:9780226702766 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cristiano Antonelli, 2000. "Collective Knowledge Communication and Innovation: The Evidence of Technological Districts," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(6), pages 535-547.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jiang, Tzuu-Hwa & Chen, Shieh-Liang & Chen, James K.C., 2016. "Examining the role of behavioral intention on multimedia teaching materials using FSQCA," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 2252-2258.
- Poorkavoos, Meysam & Duan, Yanqing & Edwards, John S. & Ramanathan, Ramakrishnan, 2016. "Identifying the configurational paths to innovation in SMEs: A fuzzy-set qualitative comparative analysis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 5843-5854.
- repec:spr:intemj:v:14:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11365-017-0461-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wagemann, Claudius & Buche, Jonas & Siewert, Markus B., 2016. "QCA and business research: Work in progress or a consolidated agenda?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(7), pages 2531-2540.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:76:y:2017:i:c:p:108-117 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Kaimann, 2014. "Combining Qualitative Comparative Analysis and Shapley Value Decomposition: A Novel Approach for Modeling Complex Causal Structures in Dynamic Markets," Working Papers Dissertations 12, Paderborn University, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics.
- Seny Kan, Anderson Konan & Adegbite, Emmanuel & El Omari, Sami & Abdellatif, Mahamat, 2016. "On the use of qualitative comparative analysis in management," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(4), pages 1458-1463.
- Ren, Shengce & Tsai, Huei-Ting & Eisingerich, Andreas B., 2016. "Case-based asymmetric modeling of firms with high versus low outcomes in implementing changes in direction," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 500-507.
- Skarmeas, Dionysis & Leonidou, Constantinos N. & Saridakis, Charalampos, 2014. "Examining the role of CSR skepticism using fuzzy-set qualitative comparative analysis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(9), pages 1796-1805.
More about this item
KeywordsOutsourcing; Clustering; Labor mobility; Innovativeness; Knowledge spillover;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:66:y:2013:i:10:p:2007-2016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.