How does innovative activity change as industries mature?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Reinganum, Jennifer F, 1983.
"Uncertain Innovation and the Persistence of Monopoly,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 73(4), pages 741-748, September.
- Reinganum, Jennifer R., 1982. "Uncertain Innovation and the Persistence of Monopoly," Working Papers 431, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998.
"Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey,"
NBER Chapters,in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 287-343
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Griliches, Zvi, 1990. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 1661-1707, December.
- Zvi Griliches, 1990. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," NBER Working Papers 3301, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rebecca Henderson, 1993. "Underinvestment and Incompetence as Responses to Radical Innovation: Evidence from the Photolithographic Alignment Equipment Industry," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 24(2), pages 248-270, Summer.
- repec:fth:harver:1473 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gort, Michael & Klepper, Steven, 1982. "Time Paths in the Diffusion of Product Innovations," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(367), pages 630-653, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bodas Freitas, Isabel Maria & Marques, Rosane Argou & Silva, Evando Mirra de Paula e, 2013.
"University–industry collaboration and innovation in emergent and mature industries in new industrialized countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 443-453.
- Isabel Maria Bodas Freitas & Rosane Argou Marques & Evando Mirra de Paula E Silva, 2013. "University-Industry Collaboration and Innovation in Emergent and Mature Industries in New Industrialized Countries," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-01487974, HAL.
- Tavassoli, Sam, 2015.
"Innovation determinants over industry life cycle,"
Technological Forecasting and Social Change,
Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 18-32.
- Tavassoli, Sam, 2013. "Innovation Determinants over Industry Life Cycle," Working Papers 2012/11, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Department of Industrial Economics.
- Tavassoli, Sam, 2013. "Innovation Determinants over Industry Life Cycle," Papers in Innovation Studies 2013/42, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Anne Otto & Dirk Fornahl, 2010. "Origins of Human Capital in Clusters: Regional, Industrial and Academic Transitions in Media Clusters in Germany," Chapters,in: Emerging Clusters, chapter 5 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Stephen Fox, 2016. "Dismantling The Box — Applying Principles For Reducing Preconceptions During Ideation," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 20(06), pages 1-27, August.
- Michael Greenstone & Richard Hornbeck & Enrico Moretti, 2010.
"Identifying Agglomeration Spillovers: Evidence from Winners and Losers of Large Plant Openings,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 118(3), pages 536-598, June.
- Michael Greenstone & Richard Hornbeck & Enrico Moretti, "undated". "Identifying Agglomeration Spillovers: Evidence from Winners and Losers of Large Plant Openings," Working Paper 17740, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Greenstone, Michael & Hornbeck, Richard A. & Moretti, Enrico, 2010. "Identifying Agglomeration Spillovers: Evidence from Winners and Losers of Large Plant Openings," Scholarly Articles 11185831, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Lauren Cohen & Umit Gurun & Scott Duke Kominers, 2014. "Patent Trolls: Evidence from Targeted Firms," NBER Working Papers 20322, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McGahan, Anita M. & Silverman, Brian S., 2006. "Profiting from technological innovation by others: The effect of competitor patenting on firm value," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1222-1242, October.
- Natália Barbosa & Ana Paula Faria & Vasco Eiriz, 2014.
"Industry- and firm-specific factors of innovation novelty,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 23(3), pages 865-902.
- Natália Barbosa & Ana Paula Faria & Vasco Eiriz, 2013. "Industry - and firm-specific factors of innovation novelty," NIPE Working Papers 10/2013, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Sahaym, Arvin & Treviño, Len J. & Steensma, H. Kevin, 2012. "The influence of managerial discretion, innovation and uncertainty on export intensity: A real options perspective," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1131-1147.
- Haupt, Reinhard & Kloyer, Martin & Lange, Marcus, 2007. "Patent indicators for the technology life cycle development," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 387-398, April.
- Hansen, Eric, 2006. "Structural panel industry evolution: Implications for innovation and new product development," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(7), pages 774-783, October.
- repec:eee:infome:v:11:y:2017:i:2:p:511-529 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bos, Jaap W.B. & Economidou, Claire & Sanders, Mark W.J.L., 2013. "Innovation over the industry life-cycle: Evidence from EU manufacturing," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 78-91.
- Lu, Ren & Ruan, Min & Reve, Torger, 2016. "Cluster and co-located cluster effects: An empirical study of six Chinese city regions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(10), pages 1984-1995.
- Serguey Braguinsky & Salavat Gabdrakhmanov & Atsushi Ohyama, 2007. "A Theory of Competitive Industry Dynamics With Innovation and Imitation," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 10(4), pages 729-760, October.
- Eckhardt, Jonathan T. & Shane, Scott A., 2011. "Industry changes in technology and complementary assets and the creation of high-growth firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 412-430, July.
- Michael Greenstone & Richard Hornbeck & Enrico Moretti, 2008.
"Identifying Agglomeration Spillovers: Evidence from Million Dollar Plants,"
NBER Working Papers
13833, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Greenstone & Richard Hornbeck & Enrico Moretti, 2008. "Identifying Agglomeration Spillovers: Evidence from Million Dollar Plants," Working Paper series 36_08, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Frosch, Katharina & Göbel, Christian & Zwick, Thomas, 2011.
"Separating wheat and chaff: age-specific staffing strategies and innovative performance at the firm level
[Den Weizen von der Spreu trennen: Altersbezogene Personalpolitik und Innovationen auf der ," ZEW Discussion Papers 11-047, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Enrico Moretti, 2004. "Workers' Education, Spillovers, and Productivity: Evidence from Plant-Level Production Functions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(3), pages 656-690, June.
- repec:eee:proeco:v:194:y:2017:i:c:p:228-236 is not listed on IDEAS
- Najda-Janoszka, Marta, 2017. "Industry Transition - Challenges for Value Capture," MPRA Paper 81919, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stanko, Michael A. & Olleros, Xavier, 2013. "Industry growth and the knowledge spillover regime: Does outsourcing harm innovativeness but help profit?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(10), pages 2007-2016.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:19:y:2001:i:7:p:1141-1160. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.