The international resilience of Italian industrial districts/clusters (ID/C) between knowledge re-shoring and manufacturing off (near)-shoring
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andre Torre, 2008. "On the Role Played by Temporary Geographical Proximity in Knowledge Transmission," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(6), pages 869-889.
- Belussi, Fiorenza & Sammarra, Alessia & Sedita, Silvia Rita, 2010.
"Learning at the boundaries in an "Open Regional Innovation System": A focus on firms' innovation strategies in the Emilia Romagna life science industry,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 710-721, July.
- fiorenza belussi & silvia rita sedita & alessia sammarra, 2010. "Learning At The Boundaries In An “Open Regional Innovation System”: A Focus On Firms’ Innovation Strategies In The Emilia Romagna Life Science Industry," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0113, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Lisa De Propris & Nigel Driffield, 2006. "The importance of clusters for spillovers from foreign direct investment and technology sourcing," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(2), pages 277-291, March.
- Feldman, Maryann P. & Audretsch, David B., 1999.
"Innovation in cities:: Science-based diversity, specialization and localized competition,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 409-429, February.
- Audretsch, David B & Feldman, Maryann P, 1998. "Innovation in Cities: Science-Based Diversity, Specialization and Localized Competition," CEPR Discussion Papers 1980, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chen, Liang-Chih, 2009. "Learning through informal local and global linkages: The case of Taiwan's machine tool industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 527-535, April.
- Fiorenza Belussi & Silvia Rita Sedita, 2008. "Life Cycle vs. Multiple Path Dependency in Industrial Districts," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(4), pages 505-528, November.
- Arnaldo Camuffo, 2003. "Transforming Industrial Districts: Large Firms and Small Business Networks in the Italian Eyewear Industry," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 377-401.
- Ivana Paniccia, 2002. "Industrial Districts," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2404.
- Lazerson, Mark H & Lorenzoni, Gianni, 1999. "The Firms That Feed Industrial Districts: A Return to the Italian," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 235-266, June.
- Arnaldo Camuffo & Roberto Grandinetti, 2011. "Italian industrial districts as cognitive systems: Are they still reproducible?," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(9-10), pages 815-852, March.
- Alessia Sammarra & Fiorenza Belussi, 2006. "Evolution and relocation in fashion-led Italian districts: evidence from two case-studies," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(6), pages 543-562, November.
- Marco Bellandi, 1992. "The incentives to decentralized industrial creativity in local Systems of small firms," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 59(1), pages 99-110.
- Y.H. Dennis Wei & Yuqi Lu & Wen Chen, 2009. "Globalizing Regional Development in Sunan, China: Does Suzhou Industrial Park Fit a Neo-Marshallian District Model?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(3), pages 409-427.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Michaela Trippl & Franz Todtling, 2007. "Developing Biotechnology Clusters in Non-high Technology Regions—The Case of Austria," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 47-67.
- Kevin Morgan, 2007. "The Learning Region: Institutions, Innovation and Regional Renewal," Chapters,in: The Learning Region, chapter 5 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Brusco, Sebastiano, 1982. "The Emilian Model: Productive Decentralisation and Social Integration," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 167-184, June.
- M. S. Gertler & Y. M. Levitte, 2005. "Local Nodes in Global Networks: The Geography of Knowledge Flows in Biotechnology Innovation," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 487-507.
- Kevin Morgan, 2007. "The Learning Region: Institutions, Innovation and Regional Renewal," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(sup1), pages 147-159.
- Klepper, Steven, 2001. "Employee Startups in High-Tech Industries," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(3), pages 639-674, September.
- Fiorenza Belussi & Katia Caldari, 2009. "At the origin of the industrial district: Alfred Marshall and the Cambridge school," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(2), pages 335-355, March.
- Iammarino, Simona & McCann, Philip, 2006.
"The structure and evolution of industrial clusters: Transactions, technology and knowledge spillovers,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1018-1036, September.
- Simona Iammarino & Philip McCann, 2006. "The Structure and Evolution of Industrial Clusters: Transactions, Technology and Knowledge Spillovers," SPRU Working Paper Series 138, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Arthur, W. Brian, 1990. "'Silicon Valley' locational clusters: when do increasing returns imply monopoly?," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 235-251, June.
- Bair, Jennifer & Gereffi, Gary, 2001. "Local Clusters in Global Chains: The Causes and Consequences of Export Dynamism in Torreon's Blue Jeans Industry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 1885-1903, November.
- Sang-Tae Kim, 2015. "Regional Advantage of Cluster Development: A Case Study of the San Diego Biotechnology Cluster," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(2), pages 238-261, February.
- Fiorenza Belussi & Alessia Sammarra, 2006. "Evolution and Relocation in Fashion-led Italian Districts: Evidence from two Case-Studies," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0023, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Dohse, Dirk, 2000. "Technology policy and the regions -- the case of the BioRegio contest," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1111-1133, December.
- Roberta Rabellotti & Anna Carabelli & Giovanna Hirsch, 2007. "Italian SMEs and industrial districts on the move: Where are they going?," Working Papers 115, SEMEQ Department - Faculty of Economics - University of Eastern Piedmont.
- Caron H. John & Richard W. Pouder, 2006. "Technology Clusters versus Industry Clusters: Resources, Networks, and Regional Advantages," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(2), pages 141-171.
- Belussi, Fiorenza, 1999. "Policies for the Development of Knowledge-Intensive Local Production Systems," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(6), pages 729-747, November.
- Cristiano Antonelli, 2000. "Collective Knowledge Communication and Innovation: The Evidence of Technological Districts," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(6), pages 535-547.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sforzi, Fabio, 2015. "Rethinking the industrial district: 35 years later," INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 32, pages 11-29.
More about this item
Keywordsindustrial districts; clusters; MNEs; off-shoring; re-shoring;
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- R30 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - General
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:invreg:0295. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julieta Llungo-Ortíz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aecrrea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.